[Mod] Nature Pack [1.0.4]

neko259

by neko259 » Post

I try to make code understandable, but I haven't read lua coding conventions yet :)
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

ERIIX

by ERIIX » Post

neko259 wrote:I try to make code understandable, but I haven't read lua coding conventions yet :)
Ah, if you think I'm saying your Lua, in particular, is occasionally frustrating, then I have failed again at communication, which is pretty common for me. I found both your code and the Lua in vanilla Minetest to be quite readable. I just dislike the way Lua itself handles some things. Too much syntax for me to really feel comfortable, for example.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

ERIIX wrote:
neko259 wrote:I try to make code understandable, but I haven't read lua coding conventions yet :)
Ah, if you think I'm saying your Lua, in particular, is occasionally frustrating, then I have failed again at communication, which is pretty common for me. I found both your code and the Lua in vanilla Minetest to be quite readable. I just dislike the way Lua itself handles some things. Too much syntax for me to really feel comfortable, for example.
I didn't mean you said something wrong. But I'm a java coder and I don't know Lua too much to write REALLY good code.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

maybe its just my client, but flowers dont seem to grow in minetest_game, though they do in minimal worlds. :S

neko259

by neko259 » Post

mauvebic wrote:maybe its just my client, but flowers dont seem to grow in minetest_game, though they do in minimal worlds. :S
They grow for me, so I think it's not a bug. They grow very slowly now (because of ABM fix).

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I do see (apple?)blossoms from time to time in the trees, but the grow rate for flowers on the ground is so slow that I have yet to see one.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

neko259

by neko259 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I do see (apple?)blossoms from time to time in the trees, but the grow rate for flowers on the ground is so slow that I have yet to see one.
Okay, I'll increase flower rates in 0.4.3. Thanks for feedback, i don't have possibility to test it on a live populated server :)

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Attention all users!
Please post your ideas for 0.5 version! Here or in IRC (when I'll be there).

tkerwel

by tkerwel » Post

i would like some more kind of trees.

in the moment you have only the iron tree (which i dont like...anyway change that to a sort of tree i like more manualy in your code)

maybe there are pine tree's , so there is a bigger variity of colours and shapes.
++++ Kung walang tiyaga, walang nilaga. ++++

neko259

by neko259 » Post

tkerwel wrote:i would like some more kind of trees.

in the moment you have only the iron tree (which i dont like...anyway change that to a sort of tree i like more manualy in your code)

maybe there are pine tree's , so there is a bigger variity of colours and shapes.
Ok. I wanted to make some fruit trees but didn't have an idea of new growing algorithm for them by now. I'll think about it on weekend.

musiccassi

by musiccassi » Post

tis not workin for meh
The Swift Fox Caed

Jamestitus

by Jamestitus » Post

How in the world do you install this mod? The file that you download is unlike any other mod that I have seen in here.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Actually don't increase the flower rates at all, but you may want to *decrease* the (apple)blossom rates. After some time, the flowers do start to show up at about what one would want, but the blossoms are taking over all the trees :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

bcnjr5

by bcnjr5 » Post

How to use irontrees? (with screenshots)

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

One thing I've notice that could add more nature is crabgrass. Like jungle grass, only shorter and not in the jungle. And more spread out rather than clumped together.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Sorry guys, I'm a little busy for now. I need to finish my university, and in a month I'll be developing the mod again ;)

RandomBot

by RandomBot » Post

has been a month ;p
"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
- Mike Tyson

neko259

by neko259 » Post

RandomBot wrote:has been a month ;p
Okay, make me some feature requests list and I will look at it when I have time. Maybe I'll even implement something ;)

Metaloonie

by Metaloonie » Post

I don't know what I'm missing but the textures are only showing up as strange blocks with pink words on them. How do I fix this?

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Metaloonie wrote:I don't know what I'm missing but the textures are only showing up as strange blocks with pink words on them. How do I fix this?
Either you use old minetest with latest nature, or old nature with the latest git minetest.

RandomBot

by RandomBot » Post

neko259 wrote:
Okay, make me some feature requests list and I will look at it when I have time. Maybe I'll even implement something ;)
could you look into making this mod work with the seasons in madblocks, like different flowers or have the current ones grow on the terrain, because when i use the 2 mods together there is only a small window for the nature stuff to grow.
Last edited by RandomBot on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
- Mike Tyson

neko259

by neko259 » Post

RandomBot wrote:
neko259 wrote:
could you look into making this mod work with the seasons in madblocks, like different flowers or have the current ones grow on the terrain, because when i use the 2 mods together there is only a small window for the nature stuff to grow.
I don't really understand what you mean. What goes wrong when you run these two mods together?

RandomBot

by RandomBot » Post

neko259 wrote:
RandomBot wrote:
neko259 wrote: Okay, make me some feature requests list and I will look at it when I have time. Maybe I'll even implement something ;)
I don't really understand what you mean. What goes wrong when you run these two mods together?
well during the seasons the nodes change, and the vines, flowers, bushes, trees, and apples dton grow in any season other than summer. because the nodes change.
- Mike Tyson

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

I was using this mod then saw the vines growing as if it was a bean stalk and i was jack. If you are wondering i did see if i could climb up them to the top, you can lol. I added like 6 or so lines of code so this all should work i have not fully tested it. It does load when starting a game. let me know if there are any issues.

But here is a controlled nature pack.
Nature Pack Controlled

what i did:
What i did was look at what is x boxes below the node that will be built on. If it is unequal to what it wants to build, ie vines, papyrus, trunks, ect then it will add to it, otherwise it wont.
Last edited by Nubelite on Tue Jul 24, 2012 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Nubelite wrote:I was using this mod then saw the vines growing as if it was a bean stalk and i was jack. If you are wondering i did see if i could climb up them to the top, you can lol. I added like 6 or so lines of code so this all should work i have not fully tested it. It does load when starting a game. let me know if there are any issues.

But here is a controlled nature pack.
zip

what i did:
What i did was look at what is x boxes below the node that will be built on. If it is unequal to what it wants to build, ie vines, papyrus, trunks, ect then it will add to it, otherwise it wont.
Could you create a pull request on bitbucket? It's not too comfortable to search for changes in these files.

Or just make me a patch so that I could review it.