[Mod] Nature Pack [1.0.4]

Spots

by Spots » Post

might me kiina cool to add a crafting for a wreath for the walls out of them or garland to string maybe the pattern for chest for wreath and 3 in a row for garland and use your dyes to make them the color you want , maybe for the holidays or what not. just an idea i have no clue how to code so i'm useless for anything but ideas ;-)

tkerwel

by tkerwel » Post

why not define them as fuel and them use them for downgrade the stack....

as example use 10 blossoms as fuel for one blossom to create only one blossom...? this would be a kind of trashcan in minetest to reduce big stacks..

maybe one here has time to code something like that ? an new kind of furnance with new look for that purpose,

other way is use from time to time /pulverize to get rid of to many things
++++ Kung walang tiyaga, walang nilaga. ++++

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Spots wrote:okay so i notice that you get tons of blossoms is there a mod that uses them so i dont have to leave them laying all over the place i did scan this section but didnt see anything

You could copy/paste this in the blossom.lua:

minetest.register_craft({
output = '"default:apple" 1',
recipe = {
{'nature:blossom', 'nature:blossom', 'nature:blossom'},
}
})

It even resembles the iron lump making from iron leaves :-)

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

Why not take them out and have apples come right from leaves. For maps that already have blossoms put an or for the apple growth so it can weed out the ones already there.

Or convert them back to leaves if possible, in one big go.

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

Or use drop = "default:leaves"...

That way when you take a blossom block, the blossoms "break" and become a normal leaf block.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

temperest: I'd might tend to agree, but perhaps it would make more sense to have those blossom blocks be treated just like leaves, rather than being *replaced* by them. That is, they're already usable as fuel, so make them also drop to the ground in the timber mod, decay in the absence of a tree, get picked up automatically in the item_drop mod, etc.

That way, some other mod could (like in the case of the proposed wreath) make something new out of them, or they can be used decoratively in a world.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Yes, I agree that it might be useful as a decorative item, but unfortunately that would need the support of every other mod making use of leaves to be practical.

Personally, blossoms feel more like a "transitional" block; something like piston heads in Mesecons, or partially-grown wheat in the farming mods. The partially-grown wheat doesn't yield a partially-grown wheat item, is what I'm saying.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Maybe the blossoms could be made to turn to apples. Their rate would need to be lowered, though (we don't want >9k apples around).
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

toleaxus

by toleaxus » Post

guys tell me plz how to use basket with pies?

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

toleaxus wrote:guys tell me plz how to use basket with pies?
the basket brick item is just a normal brick with a retexture. there is no special thing with it. you can drop pies or apples on it and they will stack and it looks nice i guess.

side note:
is there a way to remove all iron trees from a map easily?
Last edited by Nubelite on Wed Aug 01, 2012 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

leo_rockway wrote:Maybe the blossoms could be made to turn to apples. Their rate would need to be lowered, though (we don't want >9k apples around).
They already turn into apples...
WorldEdit 1.0 released

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Temperest wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:Maybe the blossoms could be made to turn to apples. Their rate would need to be lowered, though (we don't want >9k apples around).
They already turn into apples...
I thought that, then I asked in IRC and I was told they don't. I posted here and then I was told they do, but I forgot to edit the post.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

Nature Pack Controlled

i took out iron trees, normal trees do not grow. apples spawn from leaves (no blossoms), and only one kind of jungle grass. I also messed with the chances of growth so that will be changing untill i got a good time for them.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nubelite: your copy of the flowers mod is out of date already :-) I released another update today, this time adding a Johnson's Blue geranium.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

ok its updated now, thank you :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another update today: flowers no longer use random numbers inside the ABMs to control the spawn rate. instead, the ABM's own chance parameter is used. Tweaked irontrees and bushes to fit the new numbers. Hopefully I got the ratios right :-)

This update also includes the latest junglegrass with the perlin noise update.

Download: http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa ... 0804-2.zip

(or see the aforementioned github links for the individual mods).

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

I have limitless trees growing to the sky. Both: normal and irontrees. Any idea to fix this?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Well in my version of the nature pack, nothing regarding *where* a tree can spawn has been changed - are you sure you're not seeing a game bug or a corrupted map? It not at all uncommon to find little floating "islands" with the occasional tree high in the sky.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

I'm not sure anything ;) The truth is the map is very old. How can I check if the map is not damaged? Trees appearing when new areas are generated. Not all trees are high but there are often islands of big trees. Is there any way to fix this, other than timber mod and axe?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Given that part of the nature mod seeks to make existing trees grow, that's about all you can do. Look on the bright side: more wood to build with. :-)

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

Ragnarok wrote:I'm not sure anything ;) The truth is the map is very old. How can I check if the map is not damaged? Trees appearing when new areas are generated. Not all trees are high but there are often islands of big trees. Is there any way to fix this, other than timber mod and axe?
That's the thing. Mods are dangerous. I have screwed up so many of my worlds installing mods (including this one) that I have learned to make backups to prevent upset family members. But there was a different version of this mod created by someone earlier in this thread that limits tree growth (search for nature pack controlled), but then there was an experimental feature added to that that made tree trunks fork out. Haven't tried it. I just install flowers & bushes and skip everything else. Who needs iron trees anyway? I agree, your best bet for cleanup is the timber mod. The leafs should decay for the most part after the trunk is chopped. You're lucky, some mods don't have any good way to clean up their stuff.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Wed Aug 22, 2012 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You could set fire to it
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Neuromancer wrote:But there was a different version of this mod created by someone earlier in this thread that limits tree growth (search for nature pack controlled)
Thanks

I think this part of tree_growth.lua making trees too high:

Code: Select all

for i = -1, 1 do
            for j = -1, 1 do
            for k = -1, 1 do
                local current_node = {
                    x = pos.x + i,
                    y = pos.y + j,
                    z = pos.z + k
                }
                if(minetest.env:get_node(current_node).name == "air") then
                    minetest.env:add_node(current_node, {name = "default:leaves"})
                end
            end
            end
            end
or am I wrong? What do you think about detecting if there exist max 6 - 8 trunks below and removing any trunk above?

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Nature Pack Controlled does.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I used to like this mod a lot especially for the variety of flowers and bushes, but the super tall trees & papyrus just make the world look ridiculous. There really needs to be a parameter that allows the user to turn tall plants on or off. I know this has been brought up before but Neko disagreed with the other users complaint. The user was right. While a few might want a nature gone insane mod, What most people will want is a realistic nature mod with a variety of plants. They do not want 1000 foot tall crazy looking trees. Other than that this is a great mod.
The purpose of writing this mod was to make nature grow infinitely. If you'll suggest another algorythm of infinite growing (something prettier, like bonsai), I will accept it.

Also, Vanessa is merging her changes into my mod now, cause I don't have time to develop anymore (maybe in some future, when I get a vacation :). Anyone with ideas and code can make a pull request to my repo too, and I'll try to review the changes and accept it.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj