[Mod] Fire [0.1.2] [fire]

cosarara97
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:53

by cosarara97 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 16:54

It doesn't work in latest version:
Code: Select all
18:49:57: ERROR[ServerThread]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: LuaError: error: /home/jaume/.minetest/mods/mesetint/fire/api.lua:34: attempt to index field 'material' (a nil value)
:D
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 17:25

cosarara97 wrote:It doesn't work in latest version:
Code: Select all
18:49:57: ERROR[ServerThread]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: LuaError: error: /home/jaume/.minetest/mods/mesetint/fire/api.lua:34: attempt to index field 'material' (a nil value)

Thanks. I'll try to fix that and make some changes in the weekend.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

cosarara97
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:53

by cosarara97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 09:23

neko259 wrote:
cosarara97 wrote:It doesn't work in latest version:
Code: Select all
18:49:57: ERROR[ServerThread]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: LuaError: error: /home/jaume/.minetest/mods/mesetint/fire/api.lua:34: attempt to index field 'material' (a nil value)

Thanks. I'll try to fix that and make some changes in the weekend.

What weekend? lol
:D
 

celeron55
Administrator
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:10
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:27

Hmm, I think the main game needs to have some appropriate groups added to the node definitions (flammable, or something); anyone care to make a patch?
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 13:17

celeron55 wrote:Hmm, I think the main game needs to have some appropriate groups added to the node definitions (flammable, or something); anyone care to make a patch?

I'll use them if somebody makes the patch, but I don't have time to make the patch itself :)
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

cosarara97
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:53

by cosarara97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 14:05

celeron55 wrote:Hmm, I think the main game needs to have some appropriate groups added to the node definitions (flammable, or something); anyone care to make a patch?

The main game means the engine or the default mods?
:D
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 14:25

cosarara97 wrote:
celeron55 wrote:Hmm, I think the main game needs to have some appropriate groups added to the node definitions (flammable, or something); anyone care to make a patch?

The main game means the engine or the default mods?

Both
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

User avatar
bgsmithjr
Member
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 23:21
Location: USA,Michigan

by bgsmithjr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 14:29

He is planning for it to be more, but technically all it is, is mods, and sounds. Default is a mod, but it is also everything in the game.
 

cosarara97
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:53

by cosarara97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 15:53

sfan5 wrote:
cosarara97 wrote:
celeron55 wrote:Hmm, I think the main game needs to have some appropriate groups added to the node definitions (flammable, or something); anyone care to make a patch?

The main game means the engine or the default mods?

Both

And both things have to be modified to add these groups?
:D
 

User avatar
bgsmithjr
Member
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 23:21
Location: USA,Michigan

by bgsmithjr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 16:16

I didn't even there was fleshy, hahah
 

User avatar
Death Dealer
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:46
Location: Limbo

by Death Dealer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 16:27

bgsmithjr wrote:I didn't even there was fleshy, hahah

LOL fleshy...
Keep calm and code python^_^
 

cosarara97
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:53

by cosarara97 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36

Death Dealer wrote:
bgsmithjr wrote:I didn't even there was fleshy, hahah

LOL fleshy...

???
:D
 

User avatar
bgsmithjr
Member
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 23:21
Location: USA,Michigan

by bgsmithjr » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:43

apples. entities, and stuff like that.
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 07:45

Thank you for the flammable group, celeron! I'll update my mod now.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 07:49

Also: can somebody give me a link to sound of burning fire and explosion with the free licence? Or maybe somebody can make it for this mod...
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

User avatar
Death Dealer
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:46
Location: Limbo

by Death Dealer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 14:49

neko259 wrote:Also: can somebody give me a link to sound of burning fire and explosion with the free licence? Or maybe somebody can make it for this mod...

I'll see what I can do:D
Keep calm and code python^_^
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 15:04

I've already found the sound. But celeron put his own fire to the minetest_game, so I think I'll pause the development of mine until I see what I can do.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

Nemo08
Member
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 04:59

by Nemo08 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 17:06

neko259 wrote:I've already found the sound. But celeron put his own fire to the minetest_game, so I think I'll pause the development of mine until I see what I can do.


celeron55 pushed to master at celeron55/minetest_game 3 hours ago
279eff9 Add fire. Lava can cause it, and you can /giveme fire:basic_flame.

Works with fire done. =[
 

cosarara97
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:53

by cosarara97 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 17:08

Celeron's fire mod doesn't have matches or bombs, you need lava to start a fire...
:D
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 17:10

cosarara97 wrote:Celeron's fire mod doesn't have matches or bombs, you need lava to start a fire...

I think he would add fire spreading and other pretty things. I can only keep matches and bombs later (and maybe I'll tune explosions code to be less laggy).
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Apr 17, 2012 21:15

this code is very helpful! good work :D
I've been gone for a long time
 

z10N30NC1UB10z
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 21:03
Location: Rhode Island, USA

by z10N30NC1UB10z » Tue Apr 17, 2012 21:31

In the 1/22 version how would i make it so that lava could burn wood, and other flammable materials?
 

User avatar
Death Dealer
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:46
Location: Limbo

by Death Dealer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 21:32

z10N30NC1UB10z wrote:In the 1/22 version how would i make it so that lava could burn wood, and other flammable materials?

it does in the latest from celerons blog.. actually its the only way to set something on fire,
Keep calm and code python^_^
 

User avatar
Death Dealer
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:46
Location: Limbo

by Death Dealer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 21:33

neko259 wrote:Also: can somebody give me a link to sound of burning fire and explosion with the free licence? Or maybe somebody can make it for this mod...

ooooo i will include that with my sound pack:D
Keep calm and code python^_^
 

z10N30NC1UB10z
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 21:03
Location: Rhode Island, USA

by z10N30NC1UB10z » Tue Apr 17, 2012 21:35

Yes i knew about celerons fire mod in the 4/08 version, but i prefer not to use that version because with OpenGL my game runs at 4FPS. So that's why i wondering if i can do the same thing in the 1/22 version with this mod.
 

PreviousNext

Return to Old Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest