Amidst for Minetest: A new map tool

DrFrankenstone

GitHub: treer

Re: Amidst for Minetest: A new map tool

by DrFrankenstone » Thu May 17, 2018 13:35

Fixerol wrote:I've tried to add 20 digits Hometown server seed, but it turns on text seed when I type last digit, is that intended?

Doh! That wasn't intentional.

There's a new version just uploaded (v1.1b) which allows the 20 digit seeds. Thanks for pointing that out.

(I was using using parseLong() instead of parseUnsignedLong()).

Fixerol wrote:P.S. Can you add Valleys support too? :)

I started on Valleys, but it's an interesting mapgen in that it adjusts the humidity depending on the landscape, which then adjusts the biomes (other mapgens don't do that). Amidstest can handle that part, but proper Valleys support would also imply changing the biome distribution stats provided by the Voronoi diagram, depending on whether the current mapgen is Valleys, which is a bit more work. So Valleys went on the backburner.

(Knowing that somebody actually wants Valleys support does help though - I don't think anyone had even downloaded v1.1 until I posted it on reddit)

Fixer

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Thu May 17, 2018 16:07

Thanks it fixed the problem for me, I found another bug: "Copy Seed" (Ctrl+C) in a menu gives different result after pasting:
Example: 14105561135541706857, after doing "Copy Seed" and pasting it in notepad gives -4341182938167844759

DrFrankenstone

GitHub: treer

by DrFrankenstone » Thu May 17, 2018 16:26

FWIW both -4341182938167844759 and 14105561135541706857 should bring up the same world in Amidstest, as they are two different ways of representing the same 64 bits of seed as a number. But yeah, the Copy Seed command should return the unsigned version, as that's what everything/everyone is used to.

Fixer

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon May 28, 2018 15:09

This tool is really impressive, looks very useful if you are searching for a particular biome. It's also fun to just browse through to get a feeling on how the world is structured.
There is a ton of features to try out, you even support v7 floatlands, this is also interesting.

The tool doesn't seem to be very stable yet and has a couple of bugs. I report them as I find them, I hope they get fixed.

Thanks for supporting MCL2 biomes. I learned from your tool that the JungleEdgeM biome has a likelihood of 0.1%. This is good to know, it was supposed to be rare.

I also learned from your tool something what I've always suspected: That the Bamboo biomes in Ethereal are very common. From the map and Voronoi diagrams this becomes very obvious.

----------------------
As a general note, please avoid titles and descriptions like “<Random Minecraft-specific thing> for Minetest”. Nnot everyone here is a Minecraft freak, so it's usually better to keep descriptions generic so that everyone can understand.
My projects: MineClone 2. Hades Revisited. Help modpack. A ton of other mods, see here.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 02:36

Now this will save me hours of balancing the four biomes inside Solar Plains. Getting them to a almost perfect 30:30:20:20 ratio.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19056 Solar Plains Dev Server

Previous

Return to Minetest-related projects