Omicron - prerelease 0.6 "Menupdate"

LMD

GitHub: appgurueu
In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo

Re: Omicron - prerelease 0.5 "In the swamps..."

by LMD » Sun Nov 25, 2018 19:33

Remove the gray stuff, keep the island, scale the "O" down and it becomes perfect.
Magic-CTF(soon)MTPCFractal-SuiteModel Creator Schematic CreatorColorfulXmas BallsWebsite • Never judge me by my age

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: Omicron - prerelease 0.5 "In the swamps..."

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Nov 26, 2018 19:54

Gray stuff? you mean remowing everything or the little dots? there are here for purpose though!

Why not making the island bigger? well, i should be able to scale down the O it'll be harder.

azekill_DIABLO

Omicron - prerelease 0.6 "Menupdate"

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Dec 02, 2018 19:44

OMICRON pre-release 0.6 "Menupdate"

After half-a-century and an hilarious playword (menupdate: menu - update got it, uh? lol! end my life pliz.) here's a new update. It includes not enough content for the time I spent of it but nevertheless, I hope you'll like it.

• GUI / Menus
    • Addition of a start menu.
    • Addition of button(s).
    • Creation and Overhaul of the UI system (taken from an indev CraftNG version).
    • Creation of a new font for the game.
  • Minor bug fixes and tweaking.

*red is important.

Note: I received complaints about GLSL shaders version being unable to run well on some systems like Mac or Linux... If you have such a problem, please read the top part of this post to avoid further problems.

Have fun with the 0.6 update! If you encounter problems tell me, I cannot make the game work for you if you don't tell me!

azekill_DIABLO

Re: Omicron - prerelease 0.6 "Menupdate"

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Dec 09, 2018 19:52

DEVLOG: I'm currently working on details and bugs... I've change the menu logo to a more classic OMICRON written in stone. I also resolved some issues with font.

azekill_DIABLO

LMD

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Dec 17, 2018 18:58

Omagah it's alive. No I know, I just feel a bit alone and forgotten ':)

EDIT / DEVLOG: I had the confirmation of an idea while playing an old rubbish but lovely version of minetest. The mapgen had an intereting feature I already thought to but never really applied because I found it ugly (In fact it's not ugly at all). I can combine the actual noise that generates the terrain we know and I can cross it with another 2d noise. When the new noise is higher than, for example 0.7, the original noise gets added up/multiplied by 8. It generates small cliffs and allows to create mountain like places.

My idea is to work by multipliying by the "intensity" of the new noise: for example, if the new noise is equal to 0.5, the terrain will go up by 5, if the new noise is equal to 0.7 by 7 and like this until a certain point to avoid weird things to happen. It will avoid generating "fat" cliffs that wreck havock in the terrain and allow me to create really sharp mountains.

paired with another noise to generate small cliffs it will add more height variety :D

LMD

by LMD » Tue Dec 18, 2018 19:37

Other idea : Apply a noise to the noise.
Seriously, if you have a noise, you have a bumpmap, then you create directional vectors & a normalmap and then apply a 2nd noise multiplicating it with those vectors.
Magic-CTF(soon)MTPCFractal-SuiteModel Creator Schematic CreatorColorfulXmas BallsWebsite • Never judge me by my age

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Dec 21, 2018 18:29

It's already being done! but thing is the terrain tends to get the same everywhere with this technique. The noise needs to vary!

EDIT / DEVLOG: Just tweaked randomly the noise and found a quite interesting result: a lower land, with some higher isolated hills, generally more massive and uncommon than previous noises! I really like it!

Attachments
screenshot-new-noise.jpg
(131.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:28

Thanks tumeni :D I'm really fond of this noise because it generates tiny bits of land at water level. It makes the coastline less smooth and gives a real nice effect in swamps. Minecraft used a similar technique in swamps I think, because they both look really similar!

DEVLOG: Added an exit button to the menu (which works) and finally found out the source of the segfault in the closing sequence! It was simply a function killing the window after the window was already killed. The function was then referring to something which didn't exit and this caused the segfault. Well, now it's solved ;)

ScorchedFalcon

GitHub: ScorchedFalcon
IRC: ScorchedFalcon
In-game: ScorchedFalcon

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Dec 28, 2018 20:03

thx a lot :D

tell me if you have problems to compile, the game segfaults at start on some systems for no apparent reasons :|

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Jan 20, 2019 19:31

DEVLOG: I'm still working on adding parameters to the game, currently you can edit a text file to do this and the game will apply your parameters at start. Now I'm working on adding parameters editable in-game and it proves to be more difficult than I expected...

Previous

Return to Minetest-related projects