Ways Of Word - creative writing encouragement - edu project on MineTest(Single-player clone).We did creative writing 1st

WaysOfWord
GitHub: WaysOfWord

Ways Of Word - creative writing encouragement - edu project on MineTest(Single-player clone).We did creative writing 1st

by WaysOfWord » Post

Dear Gods of Mods and creative C++ & Lua at MineTest.

Subject: Ways Of Word on MineTest - MineTest the first blocky game to achieve creative writing in 3D!

I write this note in response to the other blocky game known to us which has the intension of releasing a wording, writing & storyteller update of its own game on the 7th of June, 2023. I wish to point out that "we" got there 1st!

Over the last 4 years I have been building per block (yes, deliberately without administration rights, a charm and challenge) a realm ['codename / game name'] - "Papa_s_Floatylands_01", but known more widely as, "WaysOfWord" / Ways Of Word.

Why? I am an English educator based in Vienna and I work with children and adults.

I have a gaming young teenager lad and it was he who started the project on our behalf, 4 years ago, by showing me how to "get some air / height" by building one an ice column. From this first input into the world, over spots of time - evenings and some Saturdays, I created and have made public the Ways Of Word, free-will, writing project for download.

Obviously, we understand that the workings of MineTest mean that you can create an exact "single-player" clone of an original build. This is what I have done as per .zip file download, and provided said clone for download at the attached link address. My aim was to create a 3D writing habitat for free-to-use educational purposes, also persons in urban confinement, general English learners, prisoners and the confined ill, to explore and to screenshot / VOC-cast by free-will, non-harsh language prose, poems & stories within their cloned & single player unzipped - 'minetest-5.4.1-win64' - Ways Of Word / Papa_s_Floatylands_01 - realm.

Yes, it is an older version, but I have tested the concept fully on separate computers and it works seamlessly - presets and all! Naturally, you must place your original 'minetest-5.4.1-win64' temporarily out of your documents folder and preserve said original game when you do not wish to play the Ways Of Word realm. Naturally, be very cautious with your own build and maybe experiment on one of your older legacy computers. You will see that functionality on 5.4.1 remains good, there.

As an educator I was fully engaged with the Open Source aspect of MineTest and went about deliberately building the creative 3D writing project on breathless, 12 year old very low-powered and low-graphics capability computers - PCs & Laptops. My intended "market" / "persons" is the developing world where low-end computers may be available to educational facilities for young adults or whomever to engage in creative, de-stressing, inventive writing exploration. My additional point in posting here, today, is to stress the point that MineTest created this creative writing functionality first!! MineC.... came second, ahead on its future date of the 7th, June, 2023, to come.

http://www.waysofword.com

Ever best, NacKKraft aka Mickey McNeill, Vienna, AT.

PS. Thousands of people from the developing south have already gained access to the required Information & Caution .TXT file and thereafter, link to .ZIP file. THX!!

All blessings to the contributors - We did it first!

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Ways Of Word - creative writing encouragement - edu project on MineTest(Single-player clone).We did creative writing

by firefox » Post

this reads like it was auto-generated by a bot.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

WaysOfWord

Re: Ways Of Word - creative writing encouragement - edu project on MineTest(Single-player clone).We did creative writing

by WaysOfWord » Post

I have zero experience, nor respect for bots fella', I am merely an English teacher based in Vienna. Educate me, how would such a detailed composition be apparently *auto-generated* anyway, and specifically, why? Best! Mickey McNeill (a person) in Vienna, AT. What's the word on this. Tell me.

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

WaysOfWord wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:08
Educate me, how would such a detailed composition be apparently *auto-generated* anyway, and specifically, why?
Ever heard of GPT-3?

Also: topic moved to 'Minetest-related projects'.
This is a cool signature. :)

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Acknowledged. Of GPT-(whatever) & AI in general, a smattering of wandering opinions, but I know nothing of any in-depth details, nor am I in the least bit interested. AI will never affect my occupation as it will never be entertaining, nor captivating in any real human sense. Good luck from Wien!

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

firefox wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 09:31
this reads like it was auto-generated by a bot.
No, to me it reads more like someone who has read a lot of English dictionaries and thesauruses but doesn't frequently interact in English in an interactive or informal setting. Or perhaps is just quite eccentric. But post-ChatGPT apparently (according to some people) everything looks like AI now, even things that predate it. Now of course, it would be awfully cheeky to go and use AI natural language processing to parse the installation instructions which are written for real humans.. Shh, I won't give it any hints :P

WaysOfWord: I must say, my first impression is that this is something like straight out of a dream, which certainly does excite the imagination. Perhaps I will return later.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

firefox

by firefox » Post

WaysOfWord wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:08
I have zero experience, nor respect for bots fella', I am merely an English teacher based in Vienna. Educate me, how would such a detailed composition be apparently *auto-generated* anyway, and specifically, why? Best! Mickey McNeill (a person) in Vienna, AT. What's the word on this. Tell me.
since most forums no longer allow to post links without text, spam post bots have been adjusted to immitate human posts by picking up keywords from other posts and auto-generate coherent sentences.
what gives them away is their unusual formal language, and that they either repeat exactly what others have posted before, or complete nonsense (although with perfectly correct grammar).

your speech pattern resembles theirs very closely, and despite the long text there is no explanation of what you are advertising for.
is it a tool to create/edit text documents in a minetest world, like for creative writing in a different environment?
a game mod to visualise worldbuilding for creative writing?
or is it a player-made map inspired by the contents of creative writing?
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

THX "firefox" for your engagement, here. It is the later, with one proviso, it is I who wish to inspire creative writing via opening the whole idea of writing prose and poetry to 13+ individuals who would not otherwise even consider such an activity. The whole "Ways Of Word" Map Realm is an inspirational invitation to write while journeying. As a humble English teacher and bi-lingual family-man based in Vienna, I truly take the view that everyone is able to write creatively and moreover produce *humanly* crafted (non-botted) writing which is interesting for various reasons, such as situation, human challenge, heartfelt believes, etc. The "map" was also produced, quite deliberately, on under-whelming, old computers, to ensure that the concept would actually function on legacy systems, i.e. in non-privileged parts of the world where English is used as a close second language (other languages like German, for example may follow - I am based in Austria). Yet, English is ideal as a language for micro / short-prose and particularly within MineTest. Not quite lastly, you can prove to yourself that I am real and human as another reason why I really strongly believe that everyone has the capacity to creatively write is through the experience of writing songs myself [Youtube - Mickey McNeill (crikeymusic)]. Sometimes, indeed, most times, when one begins writing it is like an out-of-body creative experience, where you (the writer) are the conduit for the expressed words - like as if you did not write the words yourself. This experiential feeling may be something that AI systems "may crave" in the long future, but because of the absence of the ability to truly internalise life's experiences and reflect and feel, positively, nor negatively - AI systems will never appreciate creative writing, they will only produce (just like plastic toys out of a mould) such quasi-creative writings. It will only be humans who may then ultimately appreciate future publicised AI poets. Naturally, those humans initialising the work of AI poets will gain monetarily. This grass-roots, "WaysOfWord" is Open Source and true to the unquestioning underpinning goals of MineTest where one need not pay a penny. Here fella', lastly, this thread became unexpectedly interesting ( :) ) because of your inputs. I would claim that the unmatched and peerless author, Iain M. Banks, rest his soul, was the first to really gouge deeply into the whole area of AI. It was he who spoke of AI Minds and wrote on the fantasy cosmological arena of life lived under (mostly benign) AI "gods"/guardians. I reckon that Iain M Banks will come to be seen as an author visionary of what AI becomes in a few hundred years - if it is not stopped before it gets started. Best, Mickey McNeill - Teacher and wordy man & songwriter, Vienna, AT. BTW, here is an expose', a walk-about of a portion of the "realm" of Ways Of Word. Slainte Mhath" ~* [ https://photos.app.goo.gl/ruRV5kk3zkH5L8yi7 ]

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

You still haven't explained what the map you made is exactly and how to use it as an end-user.
This is a cool signature. :)

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Cordially, I have attempted to offer all relevant infos available to me. I would appeal to those better engaged that I am a non-coder and merely a teacher who is dedicated to encouraging reflection and creative writing during challenging times. My (13+ year old) students and their parents and fellow networked English teacher / trainers receive this info shot, as same, they then unpack the "game" and encourage their students to write small micro-prose within the 3D walk-around map. Most participants know nothing of MineTest, at all, and I have to reinforce the fact that the 3D writing experience is not based within "the other one".

Info as follows:-

[[ Hi fellow teachers and guardians. I am an English educator based in Vienna and father of a teenager. Inspired by my lad, I created a large exploration realm (map) to pursue the specific interest of encouraging creative writing within an alternative framework & space, i.e. within a 3D habitat. It is actually aimed at 13 years +. A proviso. I am focused on creative English and not LINUX 'servering', nor C++ & Lua, thus the Ways Of Word experience is purely single-player. Contributors should then post their poems, in-game stories or prose online, via screenshot or VOC-cast or read them out-loud, live in class. I have extensively tested the work on different computers and the theory behind simply unpacking the large .ZIP file works, including all the presets.

All the relevant information can be obtained across the web by searching "WaysOfWord", or visiting here :- [ http://www.waysofword.com. ] NB. When the young students wish to install the game onto their machines or place it into the classroom machine, they firstly have to preserve (and place elsewhere, temporarily) any pre-existing version of MineTest.
Then one unpacks this version directly into the Documents folder. It works seamlessly and if you have an interest in creative writing in 3D, I trust that it works well for your kids and students, too. PS. It has been created to function well on legacy computing machines. My additional goal is thinking in English in the non-privileged world context. Best! Mickey McNeill [ McNeillServices ], Vienna, AT. [ WaysOfWord ].

Free-will collaborate easily here >>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/ruRV5kk3zkH5L8yi7 >>>
Your own screenshots of WaysOfWord - prose, poetry & storytelling on MineTest (not the other... ).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HWsVE0 ... sp=sharing

]] Close.

I trust that this remedies any lack of clarity. Cheers from Vienna!

PS. I would like to mention that prior to any word of a .ZIP, file they obtain this first, which is essential. Meant to attach above. THX!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xzGBaT ... drive_link
Last edited by WaysOfWord on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:24, edited 2 times in total.

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

PS. I would like to mention that prior to any word of a .ZIP, file they obtain this first, which is essential. Meant to attach above. THX!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xzGBaT ... drive_link

firefox

by firefox » Post

WaysOfWord wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 09:25
It is the later, with one proviso, it is I who wish to inspire creative writing via opening the whole idea of writing prose and poetry to 13+ individuals who would not otherwise even consider such an activity. The whole "Ways Of Word" Map Realm is an inspirational invitation to write while journeying.
now that is very intriguing, and i am sure it would be effective as well.
since all of the german teachers i had at school (even the younger ones) were totally stuck up on the prefixed interpretation of literature i quickly developed a strong dismay towards school reading and would never, by any means, take extra classes for writing.

i only picked up creative writing on whim when i registered on AO3 last year.
the potential was there, i just didn't feel like using it.
likewise, my hate for math dissolved when i got invested in understanding the damage calculation from an MMORPG i play. the most complex calculation i made was for investigating the hit chance for a meteor spell with random target mechanic, which turned out to be much higher than what people estimated it to be.
unfortunately all of this occurred many years too late to have any effect on my school life, so it's more like a personal accomplishment for growing up to be self-sufficient.

i fully support the implementation of teaching/learning in video game environments, as (from personal experience) learning does not occur without interest.

inspiring to write is likely much different from conveying math and physics, but perhaps this can still be helpful to your endeavours:
most educational games fail in being engaging by forcibly pausing the game flow/story progress to present arbitrary test questions to solve.
the one game that stood out to me was "Physikus", a mystery puzzle game about basic laws of physics and their corresponding math calculations. the game was fully focused on the story, and the 'test questions' were built-in into the environment in the form of interactive puzzles. all puzzles could be solved simply by trial and error but the puzzles got more complex as you progressed, taking more time to try all options, encouraging to actually study to solve them more easily.
the final puzzle couldn't be solved without doing the math properly, and this was also a major plot element in the story. the people failed because they didn't do the math and put the blame on someone else. and nothing is more satisfying than proving someone wrong :)

WaysOfWord wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:42
I created a large exploration realm (map) to pursue the specific interest of encouraging creative writing within an alternative framework & space, i.e. within a 3D habitat. It is actually aimed at 13 years +. A proviso. I am focused on creative English and not LINUX 'servering', nor C++ & Lua, thus the Ways Of Word experience is purely single-player. Contributors should then post their poems, in-game stories or prose online, via screenshot or VOC-cast or read them out-loud, live in class. I have extensively tested the work on different computers and the theory behind simply unpacking the large .ZIP file works, including all the presets.
this should have been in the opening post.
most presentations here begin with "this [asset] does [stuff]. it's dependencies are [these/none]. you can download it [here/content db], instructions are written in [file]."
clear and easy to understand, maybe an obligatory example screenshot. any further origin stories and discussions come afterward.
i know that many recipe blogs use to tell 3-page-long stories before even listing the ingredients, but that is not the way to go.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Here, many thanks firefox and for the presentational tips. Interestingly, I too have a data-disc copy of Physikus in my den. I must dig it out again, or at least rediscover on which one of my legacy systems that I originally installed the learning game. I am a kind of "LGR Youtuber" sort of geezer in that respect. :)

Additionally, I note a prominent spelling mistake in my above post... (not perfect either, nor AI-y, I suppose). It should have read as... "It is the latter, with one proviso...[...]". Writing with errors is human fun, eh!? [Alles gute!] Cheers! Mickey

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Sorry, but this all seems so fishy and weird to me.
  • Maybe my English is too bad to judge this right, but the comments you write sound somewhat clumsy to me, and they contain a needlessly high amount of special characters. This makes me somewhat doubt on your qualifications as English teacher.
  • You're telling people to download your zip file and - after extracting - execute the minetest binary in it, right? How can one know that you're not distributing malware? And why do you not just publish the world?
  • Your website (<http://www.mcneillservices.org/>) uses a tls certificate for *.vivitiapp.com.
  • The social media links at the bottom of your website don't seem to link to your profiles. All apart from the youtube one look like they're the default from some website template or something.
  • The images on <http://crikey.50megs.com/WaysOfWord/index.html> look like they were made to look crappy.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Fella', If it is not for you or yours, it is not. Really, no worries. Who is perfect? Undoubtedly you'll be top class in your profession and good luck to you. I roll around town and spin a buck. Not always pretty, but it works! I am certainly not insisting that anyone get involved. As they read the contents, they must decide. There are no catches. It is entirely innocent. People have to piece it together and say yay or nay. It is merely another project. Have a pleasant eve', Mickey

BTW, my .org website is hosted within Bravenet and maybe they have operational control over the stated - ".vivitapp.com", I haven't a baldies notion on that, truly. Additionally, the other content is hosted within 50megs and I have been with them for over 19 years. Who do you turn to, eh? On publishing, I would be well up for any collaboration for those who seek extra peace of mind. This project is purely homespun. Respect & cheers!

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

@WaysOfWord,

The part you are failing to understand is that you have yet to "show" anything.

Post some code on a reputable git site, post some screenshots on a reputable image host or even right here in this forum as an attachment to your next post. Post something, that others can easily view. Source code.

Not a .zip file with questionable content.

I am a native english speaker. Your english comes across as having been written by a chat bot. If you are an english teacher, you can certainly speak less robotically, can you not?

Show source code, in a plain text file, or a world folder that others can download.

If you want to inspire your students to write creatively, you are going to have to speak less chatbotty, and more eloquently.

Shad

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Yo Shad, maybe it is down to schooling and uni both attained in Northern Ireland - plenty of trouble and fuss there! Which tribal territory do you hail from? I don't do bot, gezzer', nor do I do code. I simply create & write creatively. One of the big points is to be utterly bot-less. Human prose being the charms I am calling for. Examples of same are here:-

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... U3R1VyczVB

Additionally,

and,

and,

and it all goes on, fella...

Last example before a question from me, 'cause you are a person of advice giving...

Does one have to be a coder to have the right to walk within this online MineTest Forum? What's your take on the situation, because all this crap about bot-zilla would do one's head in!

Laters, Mickey

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Well, interesting. The protocols of the forum did not marry-up the image URLs as per editor requirements. The link does function though and provides the examples you requested. Ta-ra!

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

WaysOfWord,

Tribal territory?

The pics shown in that link don't really inspire much of anything. Certainly not inspiring me to want to play Minetest or write anything anyone would want to read.

Posting random pics with voluminous text doesn't answer a single question that has been asked of you by myself, firefox, LRV, or Desour.

You must understand, there have been so many of these kinds of posts, where someone drivels on about what they would like to create, but haven't the slightest idea of how, cannot code, create graphics, or any other needed usable skill.

Do you even play Minetest? Do you have a world, in which you've played, built, or done anything?

A screenshot from a Minetest world. Like this. And they can be posted to the forum, like this.

Shad

P.S. Yes, I've taken creative writing. Done well. Have been published. The pic below inspires very minimal creative writing, and I've been fleshing out a story for this world for quite some time.
Attachments
screenshot_20230526_130733.jpg
screenshot_20230526_130733.jpg (332.5 KiB) Viewed 2402 times

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Shad, Evidently you are another fine academic fellow - we are all so exceptionally well spoken here on this thread. That I pay tribute to. I have politely and honestly attempted to engage on this board, referring to what my lay skills have created (yes not a coder nor a botter and merely a player). After 4 years of enjoying periodic input on my map/realm, I announced it on Facebook on the 02.02.2023 and I truly claim that MineTest facilitated 3D creative publishing before MineCraft. MineCraft only released its Trails&Tales update yesterday. As a teacher (and no doubt you may well be one, ahead or a manager) stoke your winners with a generosity of spirit, that is what I have learnt in my experience. Don't signal the fool too early as surprises of talent are most often just around the corner. The only reason why I even considered extending the idea of Ways Of Word from a Nintendo 2DS XL system onto MineTest was its seamless ability to be shared as a single-player *clone* via .ZIP. directly into the documents folder. Isn't that just stunning in this hyper-modern era? The most ordinary person will be able to do this in their sleep. If students, teachers or others do not wish to take responsibility for the insertion (unpacking) of the game with all the presets implemented onboard - they won't, end of! I am already in discussion with fellow educators who are also complete and utter non-tech lads and lassies who do not code, run LINUX servers nor realms. The joy with this utterly simple concept (after one has scanned the .ZIP and its contents and temporarily moved any pre-exiting copy of MineTest, and inserted this one directly into the Documents folder) is that the end user does not have to think about anything thereafter, just creative writing within the realm. I pay immense tribute to the Open Source culture of MineTest for its vision in making such installations still quite possible in 2023. Amazing! I have been around computing since the early days, yes I never excelled in coding, happy with my play-days Basic creations back in the day - which BTW are returning on the likes of the Commodore C64 Maxi to inspire kids & coding. However, the fact that MineTest runs in this immensely unusual way directly from a documents folder is like taking a journey back to Windows 95 where you could cut and paste a whole application and it would run just fine without the registry environment. I say good luck to all above and thanks for your inputs. This MineTest project will, much more than likely, be a quiet local computing grass-roots writing project and will most definitely not insult anyone's fine wisdoms here. All the best! Mickey McNeill - Vienna, AT. Hopefully the below .gif images will stick here, but if not - there is a life a to live!

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

@WaysOfWord,

Please don't be discouraged by my statements.

Instead, read this thread, started just a few weeks ago. Horka had an idea, but was not sure where or how to start.

Through a couple of interactions with myself and others, Horka began to realize the answers to the questions they asked.

I would encourage you to do something similar.

Shad

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Hi Shad. That is most kindly of you and I will follow it up and invest some thinking, after all, team work makes the dream work. Have a pleasant end to your week. Best wishes, Mickey in Vienna.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hm. While I do like creative writing, this doesn't really seem to be about it?

If I got it right, what's on offer is an easy-to-install .zip file for computer illiterate teachers which installs MineTest and a pre-built world where players can wander around and get inspired to write a story or poem.

We have the Maps forum section for sharing such pre-built worlds.

Supplying .zip files with executables isn't such a good idea. Best use the versions from the official MineTest website. It's extremly unlikely that anyone will check the .zip file linked here for viruses or content.

If you're really intrested and would like to interact with actual players (many of whom are on the forum as well; several speak German, though we usually talk English in chat so that all can participate), join the server your-land.de It's on the server list. The reason why that server might be so intresting for you is because it has written books and lots of people who enjoy writing them. Most of the time it's about ingame events, but we've had quite decent poetry and general writing events in the past as well. Still, the way to be creative in a MineTest world is not primarily through written words. We tend to see the automaticly generated landscape, then the builds by others, and then we start stacking blocks until...things we like happen to be :-)

There's also a German project about using Minetest for education.
A list of my mods can be found here.

WaysOfWord

by WaysOfWord » Post

Hi Sokomine, Thanks for your points here, which are valid and totally taken on the chin, big-style. Even to me the, wild Celtic "arty-farty", I instantly registered that although a whole pre-built game has the amazingly and astonishingly easy technical ability to *be* unfolded directly out of a big .zip file, its very, very first hurdle would be, and is, the fact that it was such a file - bleddy .ZIPs, eh!?. Although my blurb "instructs" (ever so politely :) ) people to pre-scan everything, that that has the possibility of being overlooked and thereby the process stops - a kind of inevitable logic. Oh dear, oh well. :)

Anyway, the concept is true, true from my heart anyway, and only about creative thinking and writing inspired by the game MineTest, itself. It is a *very* beautiful blocky game and quite possibly the most beautiful! Alternatively, Minecraft has evolved into a wonder-world, living cartoon, whereas MineTest is still like a blocky nature simulation - and speaking as a qualified RGN nurse, a game which offers mental health attributes - out of the box! A game for the confined at home, in hospital and in prison. Superb! As mentioned above, I first developed the idea on Nintendo's, 2DS XL's version of MineCraft - the same deal on that one enclosed system, but I later came to love the incredibly large visual opportunities that our MineTest blessed moders have made available for the very clearly readable word. Top class! This is where MineCraft is behind the curve in 3D writing, and their update of the, 07.06.2023, still doesn't offer the explorer-poet much room to write - except in its books... and in the gamey world, not everyone opens books - much the same as the real world, maybe. I reckon, that the writing has to be in your face as you explore any map. That is what I have found. Additionally, the crazy counter-logical structures that I have built within my map are designed to ask questions of the explorer-writer.

My aims were to keep it simple for the "simple" via .zip - but also, inspired by Open Source Culture, to have it unrestrictedly available to all. Principally, I would love the writing to be achieved within a creative context where the writer is by themselves facing the MineTest environment alone to see what may be inspired. This is another reason why I did not take the easy route and build it within MineCraft and then place the realm on the very easy and superb aternos_org (for example), where I set my son up on for his realming. Also, the older version of MineTest, which is where my project inhabits, can run on ancient computers with the settings on the lowest levels and that appealed to me within the context of the underprivileged gamer.

It has been very nice to get critiqued here by people deeply involved in the MineTest Project and I will consider all the points offered above and what is possible within my own context. I suppose people such as myself may have to wait for technical workarounds for the development of off-the-shelf server possibilities where realms can be held within rented server hosts specifically for MineTest. Having my map as a realmed multiplayer space was not what I had plans for, but I would dearly love to discover poetry written within and, also, about the MineTest Project. From here I will attempt to discover fellow MineTest poets. The whole idea of MineTest poetry is truly lovely and is the kind of confined activity which would keep people on their way to Mars (and maybe back again) from going absolutely crazy. Good luck and best wishes to you and all, herein, above and below. Cheers! Mickey

PS. Should we have a MineTest Poetry Society thread in this family? THX!

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

@WaysOfWord

Perhaps the part we still are unclear about is what do you mean in all of this?

Anyone can write anywhere, and as Sokomine points out, there are already groups that have formed on that server particularly, and elsewhere in general.

What do you mean by 3D creative writing? And please, enough of the elitist high brow commentary. Plain simple english, in plain simple statements. Your writing style continues to resemble chatbot drivel.

There are many here, who've contemplated these types of loftier ideas, but you have to understand that just because we can think it, doesn't mean it translates into actionable tasks.

If you want to write creatively, then write. MT can be an inspiration, but then again, so can spilled milk. This isn't to discourage you, but instead meant to encourage you to put your ideas into thought processes that we can easily understand.

We do not live in Victorian England, Middle Earth, or Game of Thrones. Speak to us like you speak to the guy who pumps your gas, not like the elite professor emeritus who thinks their status sets them apart from the rest of us.

Shad