Minetest wiki needs embeded youtube videos!

Would you like to see embeded youtube videos on the minetest wiki?

i would love it
50%
i would hate it
25%
i dont care
25%

Total votes: 16

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

Minetest wiki needs embeded youtube videos!

by ph8jPf9M » Post

Lets add the ability to embed youtube videos to minetest wiki.
We can do this with MediaWiki extension that allows embedded videos like this one https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo
This would help out the minetest youtubers to get noticed and videos be a good visual representation of mods.

MineYoshi

Re: Minetest wiki needs embeded youtube videos!

by MineYoshi » Post

Actually Minetest wiki isn't about youtubers, is about the game...
Also:
-The ".gif" or animated png files are good to make visual animated representations of mobs and different things.

What happen with the videos is that they take just too many time to load, and some people don't have a good internet connection, the idea of the wiki (I think) it's be lightweight and fast to load.

Is a good idea, but maybe isn't so good to add it!
Have a nice day! :D

ozkur
In-game: ozkur or XoRoUZ

by ozkur » Post

maybe it should be a simple video of like, 11 seconds sampling a block, mod, or showing some lines of code.
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

I am a native English speaker, Ich spreche kein Deuscht, mais je parle un pue français.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

What happen with videos is the fact that they take many time to load!

That's why i choose ".gif" or animated png to shows things that need to have move!
(In speed i choose .gif but in quality animated png, but since aPNG don't have support in Chrome or IE, i think it's better use .gif)

asanetargoss

by asanetargoss » Post

There is nothing wrong with including audiovisual content to enhance the learning experience, as long as there is a text-based version as well.

MineYoshi, animated gifs and pngs consume significantly more bandwidth per frame than video files of the same resolution and quality; they aren't good at compressing in the time domain like video codecs are. Also, YouTube functions well as a video hosting service; you can even set the video to unlisted and disable likes/comments if you're feeling antisocial.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

asanetargoss wrote:There is nothing wrong with including audiovisual content to enhance the learning experience, as long as there is a text-based version as well.

MineYoshi, animated gifs and pngs consume significantly more bandwidth per frame than video files of the same resolution and quality; they aren't good at compressing in the time domain like video codecs are. Also, YouTube functions well as a video hosting service; you can even set the video to unlisted and disable likes/comments if you're feeling antisocial.
Then try the HTML5 video!
Now that i realize you're right, sorry!