"The Minetest Experience" Project

ThatOneChris
IRC: ThatOneChris
In-game: ThatOneChris

"The Minetest Experience" Project

by ThatOneChris » Post

So, I've redone this post, however the original will be in a "spoiler" at the bottom of this new post.

So, I've finally got it. After months of agony with compatibility issues and trouble with editing textures, I've gotten the modpack in a mostly working state. It is in "Public Beta 2.6", however I have not posted it anywhere (but the original post, but not up to date), as I do not have permission from everyone needed.

Sadly, I have lost track of what mods I have used in order to get to this point. I am working on finding them all so they can be properly credited, and hopefully get permission to make this project public.

I started this whole project back in late July, and have finally gotten it mostly working. Might be a few sounds wrong, but for now, I'm taking a break from all of this. Here is a screenshot of the main menu. I'll add more later, as it's very late while I'm writing this, and don't have time for anything else.

Anyways, it's been "fun" working on this, and I hope to be finished with it completely and have credits for all the textures I used.
Spoiler
Didn't really know where to post this (or what to call it), but I feel like it fits best here.

So, I've seen a few "MC Texture/Resource Pack to MT Texture Pack" converters around, and saw that there are none the other way around. Since I have almost no skill in coding whatsoever, I decided to do what I am good at. File management!

Or something like that. Basically I'm just exporting MT textures into a resource pack for MC. Currently only textures, and is not going to be released to the public without permission, obviously. Mostly just a little project of mine.

I'm likely to run into a few problems, like MC having twice as many textures for just the "breaking a block animation" alone, but I'll work around them the best I can. I'm currently only implementing textures from minetest_game, but I might look into implementing other mods and such as well, like mesecons.

I have title screen done, and a majority of the textures. It's still in "beta", but it's generally working right.

It's something I thought some of you might like to see, or at least think about, I don't know.

UPDATE:

I have made a lot of progress, and I am now releasing it as a public beta, but only here, nowhere else. If any of you have Minecraft, you may download it here. It is still not finished, but I have it in a mostly working state. All block and item textures are credit to the original game and/or mod it comes from, other than a few minor edits I made to fill the list of things like dyes. GUI was found on GameBanana (WizzGUI), and has been edited to support the 1.12 update.
minetest-beta-2.1.zip
Again, I take no credit other than the small (and honestly barely noticable) edits I have made. If I could get permission to upload this in places other than this from anyone needed, that would be great.