Welcome to MathWorlds!

crazy_baboon

Welcome to MathWorlds!

by crazy_baboon » Post

Hi,

Just an anouncement: MathWorlds!

I've tweaked the map generator to allow for the construction of mathematical objects given by an implicit equation of the form f(x,y,z)=0.

There are several examples in the mapgen_v5.cpp file such as torus, sphere, parabola, etc... just uncoment those and then compile and run the code.

Here's the git repository for it: https://github.com/crazyBaboon/MathWorlds
Here's a short video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uVUVj-WXTk

In addition, MathWorlds includes the SMT texture pack and Minetest Game by default!

Have fun with MathWorlds!
Last edited by crazy_baboon on Tue Dec 26, 2017 00:32, edited 4 times in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Welcome to MathWorlds!

by Krock » Post

The idea is nice when you want to visualize 3-dimensional formulas in form of terrain. But it can get much more interesting with fractals and pseudo-random generators ;)
You could move these simple equations into a Lua mod, using the VoxelManipulator when fresh terrain is generated. Right now it's necessary to compile the entire C++ source code, which isn't quite handy and may keep a few interested people away from testing it.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

crazy_baboon

Re: Welcome to MathWorlds!

by crazy_baboon » Post

Hi Krock,

I have not done it in Lua as I feel more comfortable in C++.

Remember when you change the equation and compile the code, only the changed source files need to be recompiled, which makes the process faster.

By no means, feel free to port the changes to Lua! The code is free! :)