New Mod/Content Database by May

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by rubenwardy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 23:20

ANAND wrote: one small issue though the buttons block all the descriptions... Some sort of a word-wrap implementation would help fix this.


Fixed https://github.com/minetest/minetest/co ... 4ce5db14e0

Image
 

User avatar
Linuxdirk
Member
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21
Location: Germany
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by Linuxdirk » Thu Apr 26, 2018 09:45

Why not move the "All packages" dropdown on same level as the search bar? This would give more horizontal space to the list.
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by rubenwardy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 09:53

Linuxdirk wrote:Why not move the "All packages" dropdown on same level as the search bar? This would give more horizontal space to the list.


That space is reserved for a tags list
 

User avatar
Fluffgar
Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 19:40
Location: Scotland
GitHub: Fluffgar
In-game: Fluffgar

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by Fluffgar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 19:00

Sounds like this could be a really useful utility.
Following with interest.
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: :noitacoL
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by Sires » Tue May 08, 2018 22:14

Some stuff you may already know but.. just saying:
https://imgur.com/a/uwoIo4x

I'm starting to think that a huge problem will be the formspec system, since there is no way of predicting sizes of the letters and/or adapting it
I don't have anything important to say.
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by texmex » Wed May 09, 2018 09:17

Sires wrote:Some stuff you may already know but.. just saying:
https://imgur.com/a/uwoIo4x

I'm starting to think that a huge problem will be the formspec system, since there is no way of predicting sizes of the letters and/or adapting it


I think rubenwardy does the best possible with the formspec tools available. Bring more thumbs-up to #6527!
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: :noitacoL
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by Sires » Wed May 09, 2018 21:05

#Sires gave his love, weird party air stuff and up thumbs to this

Also yeah, that's a problem, if ruben is already doing his/her(I'm bad with names) best with formspecs and that's what happens then we really need a new formspec system
I don't have anything important to say.
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by ANAND » Thu May 10, 2018 02:58

Sires wrote:#Sires gave his love, weird party air stuff and up thumbs to this

Also yeah, that's a problem, if ruben is already doing his/her(I'm bad with names) best with formspecs and that's what happens then we really need a new formspec system


It's 'his'; and I'm afraid there's a long way to go before we're blessed with a new formspecs engine - 0.5.0 is going to be released with the same old formspecs format... :/
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by v-rob » Thu May 10, 2018 22:53

ANAND wrote:
Sires wrote:#Sires gave his love, weird party air stuff and up thumbs to this

Also yeah, that's a problem, if ruben is already doing his/her(I'm bad with names) best with formspecs and that's what happens then we really need a new formspec system


It's 'his'; and I'm afraid there's a long way to go before we're blessed with a new formspecs engine - 0.5.0 is going to be released with the same old formspecs format... :/


Well, it's still in feature requests for 0.5.0 on the GitHub page, so there's still hope.

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pr ... rd-8422170
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by v-rob » Fri May 11, 2018 03:58

rubenwardy wrote:It's not happening for 0.5.0, sorry


:(

If only I knew C++...
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by ANAND » Fri May 11, 2018 05:28

v-rob wrote::(

If only I knew C++...


:(

If only I had the time...
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by rubenwardy » Fri May 11, 2018 18:01

Image

Added importing metadata and creating releases from a Github repo today.
As the majority of mods are on Github, this will make adding packages a lot easier.
 

User avatar
Linuxdirk
Member
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21
Location: Germany
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by Linuxdirk » Fri May 11, 2018 18:08

Do mod authors have to use releases or will it be possible to define master as the most recent version?
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: New Mod/Content Database by May

by rubenwardy » Fri May 11, 2018 18:09

Unfortunately you have to use releases (note: this is contentdb releases, not github releases) but I'm considering adding automatic release creation. This was a requirement by celeron55

Releases have to be approved by someone with editor rank if you're member or new member rank
 

Previous

Return to Minetest-related projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests