[Question] Nodebox generation

Wooster
GitHub: WoosterUK

[Question] Nodebox generation

by Wooster » Post

I'm designing an object that has a lot of symmetries, so I used Node Box Editor to build one corner (that is, an eighth part) of it and thought to myself, "It must be fairly easy to find a way to compute all the rotations so that I can generate the rest of the of the object from one corner. It only needs six operations: a quarter-turn in y, add to stack, a half-turn in y, add to stack, and a half turn in either x or z, add to stack."

Well, I'm fine with the underlying mathematics, no worries there, but the code side of it is foxing me. Has anyone solved this problem already? I suppose the ideal would be a bit of software that can take an array of nodeboxes and spit out rotations and reflections as requested, so that I can just copy-paste them into my nodebox definition (rather than generating the required rotations within the mod's code).

[EDIT: I should add that I did try this in Node Box Editor, but you can only rotate nodeboxes one at a time, rather than groups of nodeboxes. With something like nineteen nodeboxes to rotate, this will be very difficult to keep track.]

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

Re: [Question] Nodebox generation

by TalkLounge » Post

Maybe the xdecor nodebox maths will help you
Example
Math Function
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

Wooster
GitHub: WoosterUK

Re: [Question] Nodebox generation

by Wooster » Post

Thanks, that definitely does give me the starting point I need!