MapEdit is an external command-line tool for relatively fast manipulation of Minetest worlds (map files). It is not intended to be a replacement for WorldEdit, but is more reliable and much faster for large operations where WorldEdit would usually fail.
The tool is currently in the beta stage; it is not complete and may have bugs.
MapEdit is aimed at server owners, although it can be used for single-player worlds as well. It features a number of commands designed for large-scale map manipulation. Things you can do with it include:
- Cloning, deleting, and filling of areas.
- Overlaying parts of one map file onto another.
- Bulk replacement of nodes.
- Bulk replacement of items in inventories.
- Metadata, node timer, and entity deletion.
- Basic metadata and param2 editing.
Most commands can be restricted to inside or outside of one area, and there is also a progress bar so you know how long things will take.
As usual, full documentation of the commands and other notes can be found at the GitHub repository.
Dependencies: Python 3 and NumPy.
Download: https://github.com/random-geek/MapEdit/ ... master.zip
License: LGPL v3