[Tool] Minetest Workshop (New Version)

LC Creations
GitHub: LandonAConway

[Tool] Minetest Workshop (New Version)

by LC Creations » Post

Hello everyone,

Minetest Workshop 0.91 is available

Minetest Workshop is a free software. It's open source project is not available yet. It is built in C# and WPF and is designed to create and build Minetest mods.

Here are it's main features:

-Creates a project that can be saved into and opened as a file format called Minetest Workshop Project (*.mwp).

-Currently supports creation of nodes and crafts.

-Builds your project into a Minetest mod. This includes all files, and etc... that are needed for a mod to work, located in a folder that is placed where the user wants.

Download Information

You can download Minetest Workshop by visiting it's website (click here)

Here is a presentation on youtube. Although, this video is outdated. A new video about it's new features will be posted soon.

Minetest Workshop version 0.91 is currently available. It's open source project is no longer going to proceed. If you want more information or want to stay updated please check out my new YouYube channel called LC's Creations.
Last edited by LC Creations on Sat Sep 07, 2019 23:04, edited 6 times in total.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

LC Creations

Re: Minetest Workshop

by LC Creations » Post

Minetest Workshop version 0.9, is now available.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

I can see this as being useful for new people just getting into Minetest modding with MTG. Outside of that, writing the code manually is probably easier for more advanced projects. However, if this had things like an object browser for keeping track of dependencies, nodes, entities, etc I can see it being useful as an IDE for larger projects as well.

LC Creations

by LC Creations » Post

benrob0329 wrote:I can see this as being useful for new people just getting into Minetest modding with MTG. Outside of that, writing the code manually is probably easier for more advanced projects. However, if this had things like an object browser for keeping track of dependencies, nodes, entities, etc I can see it being useful as an IDE for larger projects as well.
Minetest Workshop is already designed to handle dependencies. My goal is to get to a point where you can do more advanced things.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

LC Creations

by LC Creations » Post

Minetest Workshop 0.91 is currently being developed. It's going to have much more.

Here are some changes.

-There will now be a tree view (will act as an object browser) on the left side of the main window showing. Currently it contains items such as your nodes, and craft items which are new.

-There is now an option to view and customize the code for any type of item. If you change the code, MW will not generate code any more for that item (and what you input is what will be built) until you change the setting back to auto mode.

-There is now a build tab which has a setting which allows you to separate all of your different types of items into different lua files instead of all items being in init.lua.

This is all there is for now. I'm working on creating different settings for making stairs and slabs. My goal is to add them as items and when you want to create stairs and slabs for a specific node it will add them to that or those lists. There is way more than this to be in update 0.91. I'm hoping to get this out in the next month. Minetest Workshop will be growing in future updates. I want it to be usable for more advanced programmers in minetest mods.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

LC Creations

Re: [Tool] Minetest Workshop

by LC Creations » Post

Hello everyone, the release of Minetest Workshop is happening this week. There have been many new features added to this software. These features are the final additions to the software. They have been already added and only need bug fixes and minor touch ups.

Code: Select all

-A new panel on the left. This is your object browser. It will show different types of inventory items that can be managed for your mod.
     a. Craft Items (New), allows you to manage
          craft items.
     b. Nodes, allows you to manage nodes.
     c. Stairs and Slabs (New), allows you to
          manage the stairs and slabs that are 
          associated with the nodes that have their
          "Create Stairs and Slab" property checked.
     d. Custom Items (New), allows you to
          manage custom items. If you don't see an
          an option to create the type of inventory
          item you need, and you have the code,
          you can manage it in a custom item.

-Object Browser (More Features)
     a. For each item (except for Custom Items),
          there is a "See Code" option in the
          context menu. It allows you to see the
          code that is associated with this item
          that will be generated by Minetest
          Workshop. If you don't like what you see,
          you can change it but Minetest Workshop
          will no longer auto generate it's code. Your
          item will simply just manage the code.

-Crafts
     a. Option to make it a bake.

-Settings
     a. Build Page
          1. An option to create different lua file for
               each type of item.
There are a few thing I need to fix up before releasing the update. Cant wait to see people download it.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

LC Creations

Re: [Tool] Minetest Workshop

by LC Creations » Post

Minetest Workshop v0.91 is now available. Please see top post for details.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb