How can I make my own custom menu ?

RedStarUTV
GitHub: RedStarUTV
In-game: RedStarUTV

How can I make my own custom menu ?

by RedStarUTV » Post

Hi Everyone I'm RedStar and I need to know how can I make my own custom menu in minetest , I know that I need to modify the script but I don't know which one and how can I do it :( so If you can guys show me how pls . thx

goats

Re: How can I make my own custom menu ?

by goats » Post

A menu for what? A mod / modpack / game? Or you want to change the engine menu? You will definitely want to look in the /doc directory (lua_api.txt, menu_lua_api.txt), and the /builtin/mainmenu directory if you want to customize the... main menu.

Oil_boi
GitHub: oilboi
IRC: oilboi
In-game: oilboi

Re: How can I make my own custom menu ?

by Oil_boi » Post

RedStarUTV wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 17:20
Hi Everyone I'm RedStar and I need to know how can I make my own custom menu in minetest , I know that I need to modify the script but I don't know which one and how can I do it :( so If you can guys show me how pls . thx
I would suggest creating a basic formspec mod that the player get's shown when they join the world, ie you. You can do this with a basic:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_on_joinplayer(function(player)
    minetest.show_formspec(player:get_player_name(), "formname", "formspec")
end)
The formname can be whatever you want, but the formspec holds the string data which is what the data of the gui actually is. See: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L2035 for extreme basics
I like to make mods :D
I also made a patreon!