Nodecast Episode 2 - It's a Big World Out There

Just_Visiting
GitHub: ExeVirus
In-game: Just_Visiting ExeVirus

Nodecast Episode 2 - It's a Big World Out There

by Just_Visiting » Post

NodeCast, an unofficial Minetest Podcast, is releasing it's second episode!
(only like 2 weeks late... thanks Game Jam)

Check it out either on youtube (and subscribe): or through my personal cloud host (please don't overwhelm the bandwidth, haha): The show notes will be placed here in a few days: Thanks for checking it out!
9lXCftzoaojO8VNNRYxYtg1sqCEdv3dH

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

Re: Nodecast Episode 2 - It's a Big World Out There

by Eris » Post

Congrats on 3rd place in the Game Jam! New episode in a few days, nice.
Jump in the caac

runs

by runs » Post

I liked the first one, but this one, meh. A lot of truisms, it seemed like the wiki narrated. I found it tiring, even though it was only 20 minutes. Who cares about the story of all the Minetest sites? The new Minetesters don't. And those of us who have been here for years, even less.

Juanchi-advice: The podcasts should be of advanced topics, indicated for the people of the community who have been there longer. The banal topics are secondary.

Listen to a successful podcast to get an idea. And do it with more people, more points of view, unless it's a programming podcastsat exclusively. Tell anecdotes and funny stuff to get people hooked, etc. etc. etc.

More sauce and less academism.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

It may be true that this episode was not as interesting as the first, but I would have found it useful if I were new to Minetest. I didn't realize there was anything besides the forum and wiki for years--not GitHub, IRC, the other communities, or even lua_api.txt (it was pretty bad using the Dev Wiki for API information).

By the way, am I correct in assuming the code in the image is inventory.lua from Minetest Game's creative mod?
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Just some minor corrections from Ep2: I think you said Tenplus1 runs NotABug.org.. not really, he's just the most well-known Minetest modder that uses that website, it's a general-purpose free software site. Other popular sites outside of the major git hosters are repo.or.cz (I pronounce it "repo orcs" :)) and git.minetest.land, which is the only Minetest-specific hoster I know.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Just_Visiting
GitHub: ExeVirus
In-game: Just_Visiting ExeVirus

by Just_Visiting » Post

v-rob wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 01:08
It may be true that this episode was not as interesting as the first, but I would have found it useful if I were new to Minetest. I didn't realize there was anything besides the forum and wiki for years--not GitHub, IRC, the other communities, or even lua_api.txt (it was pretty bad using the Dev Wiki for API information).

By the way, am I correct in assuming the code in the image is inventory.lua from Minetest Game's creative mod?
No idea on the actual blurred text. I have Benrob to thank for the album artwork. Ask him if you want to find out ;)
9lXCftzoaojO8VNNRYxYtg1sqCEdv3dH