Minecraft Pi Edition to Minetest conversion

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

Minecraft Pi Edition to Minetest conversion

by zargulthewizard » Post

Translate Minecraft Pi Edition blocks with data into Minetest blocks with param2

I have written a lookup table for converting Minecraft Pi Edition blocks to Minetest blocks. This table assumes Minetest Game mods, Moreblocks, Moreores, and Mesecons. The table includes all blocks in mcpi.block plus all blocks in the Minecraft Pi Edition v0.1.1-6 Creative inventory.

https://github.com/thelabcat/Minecraft- ... o-Minetest

Some blocks did not have direct Minetest equivalents, so I chose Minetest blocks with similar function or appearance that conversely did not directly have Minecraft Pi Edition inventory+mcpi.block equivalents. Some such blocks may actually have direct equivalents in Minecraft Pi edition only accessible through the API, though.

TRANSLATE is a dictionairy from all-caps block names (based on mcpi.block variables in most cases), each having one or more Minetest block names, porentially with param2 values to be set. Each dictionary value is either a string (the block name), a list of strings (block names to be indexed by the Minecraft block data), or a list of tuples, each tuple containing a string (the block name) and an integer (the param2 value the Minetest block should have).

ID_TO_NAME looks up all-caps names from numeric block ID.

Enjoy!

S.D.G.
May God be with you, always.

aliefrizkymellyanda

Re: Minecraft Pi Edition to Minetest conversion

by aliefrizkymellyanda » Post

zargulthewizard wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 14:53
Translate Minecraft Pi Edition blocks with data into Minetest blocks with param2

I have written a lookup table for converting Minecraft Pi Edition blocks to Minetest blocks. This table assumes Minetest Game mods, Moreblocks, Moreores, and Mesecons. The table includes all blocks in mcpi.block plus all blocks in the Minecraft Pi Edition v0.1.1-6 Creative inventory.

https://github.com/thelabcat/Minecraft- ... o-Minetest

Some blocks did not have direct Minetest equivalents, so I chose Minetest blocks with similar function or appearance that conversely did not directly have Minecraft Pi Edition inventory+mcpi.block equivalents. Some such blocks may actually have direct equivalents in Minecraft Pi edition only accessible through the API, though.

TRANSLATE is a dictionairy from all-caps block names (based on mcpi.block variables in most cases), each having one or more Minetest block names, porentially with param2 values to be set. Each dictionary value is either a string (the block name), a list of strings (block names to be indexed by the Minecraft block data), or a list of tuples, each tuple containing a string (the block name) and an integer (the param2 value the Minetest block should have).

ID_TO_NAME looks up all-caps names from numeric block ID.

Enjoy!

S.D.G.
Can you show the demo please, I'm need to know

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

This got me thinking:

Could we make it so we can control minetest using like python or sonic pi, just like at Minecraft Pi...
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 14:52
This got me thinking:

Could we make it so we can control minetest using like python or sonic pi, just like at Minecraft Pi...

its already done i think there is a mod to do it
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

zargulthewizard

c56 wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 00:17
Miniontoby wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 14:52
This got me thinking:

its already done i think there is a mod to do it
It was, and it wasn't. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27580 but I've never gotten either this or the original to work.
May God be with you, always.

zargulthewizard

aliefrizkymellyanda wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 13:56
zargulthewizard wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 14:53
stuff
Can you show the demo please, I'm need to know
What demo?