open MT-Skin Database

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: open MT-Skin Database

by Hybrid Dog » Post

prof-turbo wrote:This database is really cool, but the problem is it contains too much garbarge. It's a problem since mods like u_skins don't check what skins it contains and just use them all (well ok that's more like u_skins problem)
sorry for the nude Sam skin

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

It's more a problem with monochromatic skins...

I find your sam really sexy

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

I successfully installed the script and SQL database.

Now, only question is.. How I have no skins? Since there already skins on it.. Really looks like as if the url jut iframe the original site.. So Is there config or something?
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

did you change 'var serverAddress = "http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net";' of main.js line 1 to your server address?

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

Nope. but will fix that now thanks.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

SporeTheSaiyan

by SporeTheSaiyan » Post

I uploaded a skin, but it does not appear on the in-game skins list. Is this some kind of delay?

addi

by addi » Post

Sorry for late answer, I'm on holiday. You may have to ask the server owner to sync the skins.

AndroBuilder
In-game: AndroBuilder

by AndroBuilder » Post

db-page is not available anymore. where do i need to go?

addi

by addi » Post

Thanks for reporting. It should be available again in the next 30 minutes.

AndroBuilder

by AndroBuilder » Post

is there a "tutorial" how to make player skins? where to put what? because i would maybe design new Skins with my students :)

addi

by addi » Post

AFAIK there is no tutorial. But you can start with a empty 64x32 image, and use the following image as help whrere to put something. Or you just use the default skin and edit that.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

AndroBuilder wrote:Thanks :)

is there a "tutorial" how to make player skins? where to put what? because i would maybe design new Skins with my students :)
I have made a skin at the Skindex site and then converted it to Minetest format with a tool on The Pixel Shadow page. They were simple to use, I don't recall a tutorial for them being available. Give it a try and see if it will work for you and your students.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

AndroBuilder

by AndroBuilder » Post

thanks dawgdoc

can i download the skins and use them "offline" ? i so far didn't get them to work :(
put the png-file in the texture folder ... anything else i need to do?

AndroBuilder

by AndroBuilder » Post

http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/editor.html#!1

will this Editor be usable with colors to choose, it seems like it almost is a perfect online-MT skin Editor ... the only problem is, you can draw with red only ^^

Maybe Link it in your DB Page?

dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

AndroBuilder wrote:thanks dawgdoc

can i download the skins and use them "offline" ? i so far didn't get them to work :(
put the png-file in the texture folder ... anything else i need to do?
After creating and then converting the skin I downloaded with the intention of using it on a server.
I also tested it in a singleplayer world. To use it singleplayer/offline I renamed the file to character.png and placed it in this directory:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/default/models
I am using linux, your path to place the file would be different if you are using windows or mac.
Don't delete the old character, instead rename it so you can easily revert if you don't decide to keep your creation.

AndroBuilder

by AndroBuilder » Post

I want to use it on a Server but as a "db" offline so the players can choose their skin.

The Server is only in a local network so no inet connection therefore i need to download some skins and put it where? Di I have to register them somewhere?
I put them all in the texture folder but they are not shown as option to choose of ingame

dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

AndroBuilder wrote:I want to use it on a Server but as a "db" offline so the players can choose their skin.

The Server is only in a local network so no inet connection therefore i need to download some skins and put it where? Di I have to register them somewhere?
I put them all in the texture folder but they are not shown as option to choose of ingame
That would be different than for a single player world. What you may be looking for is one of the available Skins mods.
Also, there is one called Wardrobe which works slightly different. Either approach may serve for your server, give them a try and choose what suits you best.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

The link in helpfiles/about.html is broken:
https://project.king-arthur.eu/projects ... st-skin-db should be
http://project.king-arthur.eu/projects/minetest-skin-db, else firefox tells it's not secure.

You could automatically detect duplicates:
When a skin was uploaded, use pngtopnm to get a pnm image file, then use md5sum on the file to get a hash value. You can then compare the hash value with the values of the existing skins.
Converting the image from png to pnm is needed to detect duplicates which have a different compression ratio.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

addi

by addi » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:The link in helpfiles/about.html is broken:
https://project.king-arthur.eu/projects ... st-skin-db should be
http://project.king-arthur.eu/projects/minetest-skin-db, else firefox tells it's not secure.

You could automatically detect duplicates:
When a skin was uploaded, use pngtopnm to get a pnm image file, then use md5sum on the file to get a hash value. You can then compare the hash value with the values of the existing skins.
Converting the image from png to pnm is needed to detect duplicates which have a different compression ratio.
Thanks for the report and suggestions.

I reported the expired certificate, it will be fixed (some day).
bPlaced.net is a free php webhoster, that does not allow to install additional software. I played around with https://github.com/travail/php-Image-PerceptualHash but the result is *meh* :
http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/finddupes.php
Some are actually duplicates (from human view and from algorithms view) e.g. http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/#id=297,165
Some have just a different eye color, but they look the same for the algorithm e.g. http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/#id=631,85
but sadly there are a lot of false positives e.g. http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/#id=1309,1307

The best would probably be a AI that sees the difference of the eyecolor, but does not see the fragments caused by compression. The big companies may have one or working on one, but they probably wont share it for free. :-/

as a mid term solution I think ill implement a questionbox to ask the uploader if he really want to upload a potential duplicate.

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

I got a suggestion: Make there be a button for no license when uploading a skin.
This is a cool signature. :)

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

I'm finding way to generate preview of some of my skins, which I don't want to upload for public because they're not finalized...

I've been trying to running local instance of your website using the bitbucket source, but then I realized the php files there are for v5 or something but I had php7 so it don't worked...

anyone here know how to generate preview image (like this) from the Minetest skin image (like this)?

not necessary php, I think it could be done in imagemagick as well but I'm not that good with command...

EDIT:
for now I just put up by cut & paste the texture into new file based on the references mentioned on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15672
but it would be nice to see some kind of automated preview generator

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

There's a program for previews generated by blender: https://github.com/Zeg9/minetest-skins/ ... reviews.sh

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

CBugDCoder
GitHub: CBugDCoder
IRC: CBugDCoder
In-game: CalebDavis

by CBugDCoder » Post

I accidentally made my skin backward and didn't notice it till I uploaded it so I fixed the skin and re-uploaded it so now there are 2 skins when there should only be one is it possible to remove the backward first one?
My Mods: Mob AI Glider

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

I think a changed eye color is too less of a reason to upload a new skin for it. The results are pretty good already - consider calculating the average color of the skin (ignore transparent pixels) to reduce false-positives. If the RGB difference is less than (say) 9, then the skins can be assumed to be identical.
Such a detection would be great to reduce administrative work and notify players who thought that the skin didn't exist in the database yet.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Maybe consider adding a "Create BBCode Option" if smb wants to promote his/her skin on MT Forum ?
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website