[Game] Adventuretest

timsoft

Re: [Game] Adventuretest

by timsoft » Tue Apr 10, 2018 19:03

is there an easy way to turn off the "blood effects" when being injured? thanks.

timsoft

by timsoft » Sat Apr 14, 2018 08:56

another question. One of the tasks is to get a bowl and flour (for a friendly npc woman villager). I have collected the two items. how am I supposed to give them to her?
I have tried discarding them (press "Q") but apart from loosing the items it doesn't appear to work and the task remains the same and there is no reward.
I have googled but nothing came up. thanks.

timsoft

Re: [Game] Adventuretest - patch

by timsoft » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:50

to answer my own question, for the benefit of others. To turn off blood effects, coment out the blood_particles line in player.lua and also the first occurence of it in api.lua for mobs, Alternatively, edit the /mods/mobs./textures/mobs_blood.png and make it blue instead of red, then the damage is crying instead of blood splatters.

Also for the bowl and flour quest/task, there is a bug in chest.lua which did not detect my flour. the fix is replace lines 6 and 7 of mods/quests/chest.lua with below.
Code: Select all
if (inv:contains_item("main","farming_plus:flour") or inv:contains_item("main","food:flour")) and inv:contains_item("main","food:bowl") then
    if inv:contains_item("main","farming_plus:flour") then
      inv:remove_item("main","farming_plus:flour")
    else 
      inv:remove_item("main","food:flour")
    end

this allows for the flour that I had as well as the other flour.

timsoft

Re: [Game] Adventuretest another patch

by timsoft » Sun Apr 15, 2018 17:34

you get crashes if mobs are directly below,( or above) you. the following patch seems to fix it (it removes a division by zero issue which returns nan for yaw.)
in mods/mobs/api.lua (1 place) and mods/mobs/step.lua (3 places) the line
local yaw=math.atan(vec.z/vec.x)+math.pi/2

needs to be replaced with the following lines
local yaw = 0
   if vec.x ~= 0 then
     yaw=math.atan(vec.z/vec.x)+math.pi/2
   else
     if vec.z>0 then
       yaw=math.pi
     end   
   end

this makes sure division by zero does not happen.

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Apr 16, 2018 03:29

I'm glad you're enjoying this game and providing fixes for its bugs. IMHO AdventureTest is a very nice game and could entertain a lot of players. It's one of the most entertaining subgames. I wish BrandonReese would have the time to continue working on it.

The TerraQuest server has reappeared on the server list. Anyone who wants to try out this adventure game can try online again :-) But beware: Survival is difficult. And I'm not sure in how far the quests can be completed. I gave up after beeing given the task of walking a too long distance to the next mount meru. At least my houses for tired travellers are still standing.
A list of my mods can be found here.

timsoft

by timsoft » Mon Apr 16, 2018 08:59

yes, hopefully brandon still checks this forum and will add the patches. adventuretest is a bit of fun and the villages look great. it would be nice to have different tasks for the female npc, that would need extra data saved (items to collect), like for the chests quests.
brendan may have already implemented all this on the terraquest server, i don't know, but unfortunately I have limited internet over satellite so I can't play on-line versions, I just play singleplayer or on my lan., so I can only play and do patches from downloadable versions of the game, preferably zip versions, as although I dual boot win/linux, zip is easier for windows.

Previous

Return to Game Releases