AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

here is a quick review how the technology works https://youtu.be/wXvbmBWeZwM

goats

by goats » Post

Haha, yes those are exactly the sorts of simple machines i have used occasionally. Keep furnaces fed with fuel and materials. (Er, can you input both in XaE? Have to check.) The automated recycler would certainly save time.

Oh, furnaces: Yeah, your furnaces are already pretty awesome. All those slots...

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i have been testing alot by making ingame controlled mobs, you can also make ai
https://youtu.be/wfiQUcxAKxA

goats

by goats » Post

OK, wow.

lectrode

by lectrode » Post

I recently started using minetest and found this mod collection. It looks very cool so far and is something I could see myself and friends enjoying.

There's been one particularly annoying issue I've been battling. I can't seem to figure out how to refill my thirst. I've done just about everything I can think of in and around various bodies of water, including:
* swimming
* going underwater and staying still
* punching a water source block (from any angle, including while swimming underwater)

I also can't refill a "liquid storable metal bottle", nor a "liquid storable bottle".

This is on a fresh install of Minetest 5.3.0 with a fresh ".minetest" folder. No other mods are installed.

Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:
Please disregard. I was attempting to drink ocean water...which is probably salty. Rainwater works well in the barrel you mentioned.

MHL
GitHub: NOT APPLICABLE
IRC: NOT APPLICABLE
In-game: singleplayer

by MHL » Post

lectrode wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 07:17
I recently started using minetest and found this mod collection. It looks very cool so far and is something I could see myself and friends enjoying.

There's been one particularly annoying issue I've been battling. I can't seem to figure out how to refill my thirst. I've done just about everything I can think of in and around various bodies of water, including:
* swimming
* going underwater and staying still
* punching a water source block (from any angle, including while swimming underwater)

I also can't refill a "liquid storable metal bottle", nor a "liquid storable bottle".

This is on a fresh install of Minetest 5.3.0 with a fresh ".minetest" folder. No other mods are installed.

Am I missing something obvious?
Hello,
welcome to MineTest. MineTest is an free (open source) voxel game engine somewhat inspired by the MineCraft and Infiniminer engines, written in C++, it uses Irrlicht for its rendering library and is licensed under LGPL v2.1. Many people like MineTest. MineTest has many contributors. I found out about Minetest for the first time in late 2013.

This game (XaEnvironment) is very good, I played it for the first time when it was at version 1. I had the same problem. You have to drink either water from a rain barrel or from a freshwater aquifer such as a lake, under any condition shall you not attempt to drink ocean water! It is salty and you cannot drink it!

I recommend finding a lake or pond with freshwater in it.

Sincerely,
MHL
COME SEE MY MINETEST MAP!!!

COME SEE MY MINETEST MAP!!!

lectrode

by lectrode » Post

MHL wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 15:29
Hello,
welcome to MineTest.
Thank you. The fact that it's open-source is one of the things that has drawn me to it over the last few weeks. Thank you for the advice.

Another minor question: the package page still exists, but it no longer appears in content db when searching for it. Was it intentionally unlisted? Or is that an automatic process if something changes in minetest to make it incompatible?

goats

by goats » Post

lectrode :
You can always go to the first post in the topic for the links and try any latest release or development version of XaE from https://github.com/AiTechEye/xaenvironment and manually install regardless.

No clue why there is no package in CDB or why the last release is listed as v7. Could be a CDB issue.
Just FYI, if you search CDB via the game engine, it does do version checking, though, and won't offer incompatible content if you are using an older engine version, or possibly development versions.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

package page still exists, but it no longer appears in content db
it has been same for for months, and when i checked it today the labels "Warning: Forum topic is in WIP section, make sure package meets playability standards" and "Please wait for the package to be approved" show up.

it happening since rubenwardy commented about Broken mod.conf.. was a missing ","

by the way, i working on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8yven1HXs
and trying to make it stable, not as easy as it looks like. then i want to use this on mobs & players too

goats

by goats » Post

Wow that's better than ever before. Oddly, i was just trying again recently to use water flow, which is just generally awful. I can imagine how not-easy it is to get this to happen when the engine itself really doesn't want to let it work. :D :D

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.2 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

This is the second time i was trying, and it was hard :)
The secret is, look for a lower water flow if it exists (y -1) if not, folowing the nearest lower param (current -1), when there comes any other number just keep same velocity

https://github.com/AiTechEye/xaenvironm ... #L124-L157

items/mobs & players can folow water flows now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uCQEYNOJU

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.2 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Miceclone 2 really needs this. :D