Version 3.0.0 released! The Big Biome Update!
Time for a BIG update! Today, I am proud to release version 3.0.0 of Repixture. This version is nicknamed “The Big Biome Update” because it is a major rework of all the biomes
. This achieves a goal that I wanted to reach a long time ago.
The relatively rare birch and especially oak wood is more common now since they got their own forests.
The swamp biome got a MASSIVE update, with 5 variants, including a less common "highland" version, which are mostly identical to the normal swamps, but they reach higher.
There are a few shrubbery biomes, existing trees have been tweaked slightly.
There are also a few variants of that one biome with the dry dirt, as well as a couple of surprise biomes.
The Desert biome was removed
because it is just too strong a contrast to every other biome. Repixture is focused on a temperate climate zone, rather than all climate zones of the world. This means, no longer free cactus, but if you're very
lucky, a villager might trade you one. :-)
Because I like the swamp, the Reed Block has been added. This is crafted from 9 papyrus + 3 swamp grass which means swamp grass finally has its first unique use (something which KaadmY wanted to do). You can "cook" it in the furnace to get dry reed, which is great to build a nice reed roof, which fits nicely in the swampland.
A little warning: Although it is tempting, please do NOT fly mindlessly through the world after you just updated. You don't want to ruin the excitement of discovering a new biome "legitimately". :-)
Important compatibility note
However, there's a catch: If you load this version in an existing world, you might notice biome discontinuities when you explore new areas. This looks weird but otherwise won't break the game. There will be NO discontinuity in the terrain shape itself, however.
If you want to prevent this, check out the README file before loading Repixture. However, if you do this, you will also play with OLD biomes. You can always start a new world, however.
Getting the biomes (more or less) right was a lot of work, so I hope I never need to touch the biome points again.
- Complete reorganization of biomes
- Many new biomes: More swamp variants, swamp highlands, birch forests, wooded dryland, rocky dryland, shrubbery, poplar plains, and more
- Desert biome removed (it just doesn't fit well with the other biomes)
- Change oak tree shape in the wilderness biome
- Much more vegetation in the swamp
- Add riverbeds to all biomes (for 'valleys' mapgen)
- Alternate between dry and normal bushes in some biomes
- Some apple trees might bear less than 4 apples
- Add papyrus to Marsh biome
- Add large apple tree to Orchard
- Marsh biome now can generate 1 node higher
- Some biomes might now have natural wheat and cotton plants
Mapgen changes (other):
- Sand and gravel might now generate in stone
- Dirt, swamp dirt and dry dirt might now generate in stone (biome-dependent)
- Villages now only have the normal dirt path, not the glowing one
- Improve and add some slight randomization to a few trees
- Thistle slowly grows
- Fern and flower spread (very slowly)
- Fertilizer now has an effect on: Thistle, papyrus, fern, flower, cactus (increased growth/spread)
- Fertilizer now has an effect on: Sapling (faster growth)
- Thistle, papyrus and cactus grow to different maximum heights depending on the dirt type and fertilization
- Saplings now grow to different trees differently depending on the dirt
- Add many new possible villager trades
- Add many more villager reaction texts for items
- The blacksmith now might tell you about fuel times and cookable items
- Fix mineturtle disappearing when trying to explode if TNT was disabled
- Remove broken 'Master Jeweler' achievement
- Saturation (i.e. how much player is sated) was not reset when player died
- Fix bad/inconsistent skin update when selecting random skin
- Fix flower texture being flipped when viewed from below
- Add missing torch placement sound
- Fix bucket always turning into (normal) water bucket when stacked
- Fix weak wall torch becoming into a broken torch when burning out
- Fix players not respawning to bed if server was restarted before
- Fix various other bed-related bugs (bed bugs. heh)
- Add reed block (crafted with papyrus and swamp grass) (+slab, +stair)
- Add dried reed block (when cooking reed block in furnace) (+slab, +stair)
- Add and replace main menu backgrounds (now 11 backgrounds total)
- Growth tool is now non-stackable
- Color of flowing water and water source now properly match (all water types)
- Improve rightclick/placement handler of many nodes to be more intuitive/consistent
- Players slowly regenerate health "for free" if hunger is disabled
- Set fall damage modifier for "Swamp Dirt with Swamp Grass" to -10% (consistent with Swamp Dirt)
- Clams have a chance to drop pearls again (but not after you placed them)
- Improve torch placement (less annoying when placing on plants)
- Increase sign text length limit from 64 to 500 characters
- Set focus of sign to text field