GitHub: lazerbeak12345
In-game: lazerbeak12345

Re: [Game] Wynot Subgame [whynot]

by lazerbeak12345 » Post

Hey there!

I've made a formal request for each of these mods in the GitHub project:
magnusviri wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 13:22
I've been experimenting with different Minetest games and after trying whynot I'm hooked. I don't know what this game has in it, but the experience is so much deeper than any of the other games I've tried. I like being in the mountains and spent many hours on mountain peaks and this somehow recreates that experience. I'm still trying to figure everything out.

I'd really like to make a game with whynot as the base. I don't have a lot of free time and so I don't know if anything will come of my desire.

One thing I'd love to see in whynot is ShadMOrdre's lib_materials, lib_ecology, and lib_mg_continental mods. I barely know how this stuff works still so I have no idea if this is possible.

One thing I'd like to change is to use hearts instead of the health bar. Is this an easy change? My son wants hearts...

One thing about animals and spawn rates. I think it's fine to have a lot of small animals. But as the animal gets bigger, the rarer it gets. I think this is how nature is. Also, in Yellowstone National Park, there are huge herds of animals. I've also heard that before Europeans came to America, there were so many animals you couldn't get away from them. Flocks of birds would darken the sky completely in the middle of the day. Things like that. Humans really have driven large animals away. I believe 500+ year old stories about scary forests were real because back then there were a lot of scary animals in forests.
Chocolate armor is tasty :)

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

I've been locked out of my github account due to unforeseen circumstances, and so have not seen any of the requests there. Working on getting this resolved.

I just happened to come across this.

lib_ecology and lib_materials has been refactored into a new mod called gal, available on github.

I'll take a peek at this game, and see what can be done to add support for it.

Shad

Duvalon

by Duvalon » Post

Thanks Shad!

For posterity, here's the repository link: https://github.com/ShadMOrdre/gal

lazerbeak12345
GitHub: lazerbeak12345
In-game: lazerbeak12345

by lazerbeak12345 » Post

magnusviri wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 13:22
One thing I'd love to see in whynot is ShadMOrdre's ...lib_mg_continental [mod].
Just an update, but we've decided in this issue that the lib_mg_continental mod is not a good fit to be bundled with WhyNot.

If you'd like to include that mod manually as you've been doing, that should still work.

The other mods you requested are still being processed. Thanks for your patience!
Chocolate armor is tasty :)