[Game] CaptureTheFlag [capturetheflag]

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

Re: [Game] CaptureTheFlag [capturetheflag]

by ANAND » Post

Thanks, I'll look into the error.

The env_meta not saving has nothing to do with capturetheflag itself, to the best of my knowledge.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

I have tested ctf on an other pc and it works but the mapmake doesn't work
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Just to confirm, I hope you're not trying to open map maker on CTF (sub-)game. That mod has to be run from Minetest Game. So you'd have to copy ctf_map mod from <minetest>/games/capturetheflag/mods, and paste it in <minetest>/mods.

If you're lazy like me, you can get a standalone copy of the mod from CDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/r ... dy/ctf_map. You can also install the mod from within the application, by going to "Content" tab --> "Browse online repository", and installing ctf_map from there.
My Mods

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Just to confirm, I hope you're not trying to open map maker on CTF (sub-)game. That mod has to be run from Minetest Game. So you'd have to copy ctf_map mod from <minetest>/games/capturetheflag/mods, and paste it in <minetest>/mods.

If you're lazy like me, you can get a standalone copy of the mod from CDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/r ... dy/ctf_map. You can also install the mod from within the Minetest, by going to "Content" tab --> "Browse online repository", and installing ctf_map from there.
My Mods

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

On my mobile it does work and on my laptop doesn't it works. I had already tested the options and that didn't work

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Miniontoby wrote:

Code: Select all

2019-05-03 11:10:23: ACTION[Server]: [CaptureTheFlag] (flag) Miniontoby picked up blue's flag
2019-05-03 11:10:23: ERROR[Main]: Access denied. Reason: The server has crashed and the problem is resolved as quickly as possible.
019-05-03 11:10:24: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'ctf_flag' in callback node_on_punch(): ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: attempt to index local 'tplayer' (a nil value)
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: in function 'get_color'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:4: in function <...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:3>
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:45: in function 'do_capture'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:164: in function 'on_punch'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:96: in function <...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine
Miniontoby, it seems like you weren't in a team while picking up the flag.
My Mods

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

ANAND wrote:
Miniontoby wrote:

2019-05-03 11:10:23: ACTION[Server]: [CaptureTheFlag] (flag) Miniontoby picked up blue's flag
2019-05-03 11:10:23: ERROR[Main]: Access denied. Reason: The server has crashed and the problem is resolved as quickly as possible.
019-05-03 11:10:24: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'ctf_flag' in callback node_on_punch(): ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: attempt to index local 'tplayer' (a nil value)
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: in function 'get_color'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:4: in function <...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:3>
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:45: in function 'do_capture'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:164: in function 'on_punch'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:96: in function <...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine
Miniontoby, it seems like you weren't in a team while picking up the flag.
That does work now because I had tested on an other pc and I had copied that to my laptop

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Updates

The latest release at the time of writing this post is v1.24.0, but there's also an impending v2.0.0 release, which should hopefully be tagged before the end of November. I'll only list the changes from v1.20.0 to v1.24.0 now:
  • Marker visibility time has been increased to 30 seconds.
  • Yearned to know the score you get for killing a certain player? The score awarded for a kill is now displayed on screen for a couple of seconds after each kill! The score awarded when picking up / capturing a flag is also displayed in a similar manner.
  • /summary now shows the stats of the current match as well. Players can switch between the current match and the previous match using a button in the formspec.
  • Reinforced cobble now also requires one steel ingot and four cobbles to craft.
  • The server status message (/status) now also includes the name of the current map.
  • Wooden tools have been completely removed, in favour of stone tools. The rationale behind this decision is that wooden tools only serve as an intermediary step in survival environments, where the player has to start with wooden tools and work their way up.
  • Indestructible snow and ice not being slippery has been fixed.
  • Damage curve, blast radius, initial velocity, and collision-checking of grenades have been improved, for added realism.
  • All unused MTG features like sapling growth and leaf decay have been removed.
  • Each map's starter items is now excluded from being registered as treasures in that map. No more cobbles in chests when you already spawn with 50 of them, for example.
  • The feedback message shown when using /report has been made clearer. Let's be real - no one's going to get back to you ever... :P
  • There's now a "Maps Catalog" (accessible by doing /maps), which allows players to browse through all the existing maps, read their licenses, view their screenshots, etc.
  • Maps Catalog support has been extended to IRC. IRC users can browse through a textual version of the maps catalog, provided they're logged in.
  • Team-chest capacity has been greatly increased, and both sections now contain 28 slots each.
  • Respawn immunity won't end when hitting team-mates.
  • The bug of grenade kills not being detected properly has been fixed.
  • Players who are healed by bandages are notified using a coloured chat message.
  • Players are now spawned randomly within the 3x3 area centred around the flag, instead of spawning at the flag every single time.
I'll post the changelog for v1.24.0 --> v2.0.0 once v2.0.0 has been released.
My Mods

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

ANAND wrote:
  • Indestructible snow and ice not being slippery has been fixed.
I don't think snow should be slippery.
ANAND wrote:
  • Respawn immunity won't end when hitting team-mates.
I think it would be best if respawn immunity lasts no more than 5 seconds at the most.
ANAND wrote:
  • Players who are healed by bandages are notified using a coloured chat message.
A better notification would be if your screen flashes blue when someone hits you with a bandage; just like when your screen flashes red when you are being attacked.

Anyway, thanks for this post. It's nice to know what's been changed.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Waterbug wrote: I don't think snow should be slippery.
See https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag/pull/484
My Mods

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Waterbug wrote:
I don't think snow should be slippery.
I agree. I used to like the ice age map, but no more.
What is SCP-055?

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Med-kits would be better if your health does not get restored to what is was before you used the med-kit when your healing is interrupted. Instead, it would be better if when your healing is interrupted (whatever the reason), you just lose the med-kit and your health stops regenerating.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

rubenwardy's server is currently at about 20+ maps (or will be very shortly).
I have an idea for a good map cycling system to make things neater.

Make it so that there are only 10 maps in the cycle at once and every time the cycle loops have one map get dropped from the end of the cycle and have another map get added to the front of the cycle.

Example: on the first loop, maps 1 through 10 would be in the cycle, on the second loop, maps 2 through 11 would be in the cycle, on the third loop, maps 3 through 12. And eventually the loop would work its way all the way through every map and repeat. But the important part is that there will be no more than 10 different maps in the rotation at once.

Agbaragba
In-game: Agbaragba

by Agbaragba » Post

Waterbug wrote:I think it would be best if respawn immunity lasts no more than 5 seconds at the most.
But i think lower respawn immunity would increase spawn killing.

And how can i set ctf up locally, just like i host a local server?

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Snow has been made non-slippery again.
it would be better if when your healing is interrupted (whatever the reason), you just lose the med-kit and your health stops regenerating.
That's more realistic, but if someone even accidentally moves a little, they'd lose the medkit. Imagine losing the medkit when having healed only 1 or 2 HP. This isn't the best thing to happen when resources are scarce.
Make it so that there are only 10 maps in the cycle at once and every time the cycle loops have one map get dropped from the end of the cycle and have another map get added to the front of the cycle.
What are the benefits of this specific idea?

Also, related: https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag/pull/498
And how can i set ctf up locally, just like i host a local server?
- *Recursively* clone CTF's repository (https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag)
- Run update.sh
- Create a new world if required, and launch CTF like you would any other (sub-)game.
My Mods

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

We had released a minor bugfix release v1.24.1 on 2019/11/13. I know I'm late, but here's the changelog (see original changelog here):
  • Map maker: Barrier rotation and outer barrier placement issues have been fixed.
  • Crash caused by /maps_reload has been fixed.
  • Snow has been made non-slippery again.
  • Other small things in map maker has been fixed.
  • Knockback has been disabled completely, for reasons given here.
v1.24.1 contains a lot of fixes to the map maker mod, and map makers are advised to update to the latest version.

v2.0.0 is fast approaching, and the changelog is already pretty big. All aboard the hype train!
My Mods

Luna-HD(real_ingame)
GitHub: Luna-HD
IRC: Luna-HD
In-game: Luna-HD

by Luna-HD(real_ingame) » Post

snow effect renders guns (shotguns) nearly useless.. snow blocks shots..

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

ANAND wrote:
it would be better if when your healing is interrupted (whatever the reason), you just lose the med-kit and your health stops regenerating.
That's more realistic, but if someone even accidentally moves a little, they'd lose the medkit. Imagine losing the medkit when having healed only 1 or 2 HP. This isn't the best thing to happen when resources are scarce.
On the contrary, this is exactly what you want to happen. How many times have you started to heal, but while you are healing, an enemy is running toward you and you realize you're healing will not complete before they reach you? By the way, it's easy enough to not move when you don't mean to.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Okay guys, I've thought of a replacement for those good old apples that many players thought were too overpowered (and I admit, they were kind of overpowered).

We could have shields, which players could use to block damage during fights; and they could spawn in chests at the beginning of the match (instead of grow on trees and give you stomachaches when you use them). I don't mean that the damage blocking should work the same way normal armor does, or I would just suggest adding armor to the game.The reason why just adding armor would be no good is that all you would have to do is put it on and you would be harder to kill (no skill involved).

There may be several ways to implement such an idea so that it would not be as overpowered as apples were.

Oops... actually DragonsVolcanoDance thought of this idea!

If this sounds like a good idea I would like to here some ideas for how it might work if anyone thinks of one.

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

I get this error EVERY time that there is a win.

2021-01-13 01:43:48: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: on_emerge_area_completion: Runtime error from mod 'ctf_flag' in callback on_emerge_area_completion()
: std::bad_alloc
2021-01-13 01:43:48: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-01-13 01:43:48: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'place_schematic'
2021-01-13 01:43:48: ERROR[Main]:       ...lag_MineWars/mods/ctf/ctf_map/ctf_map_core/schem_map.lua:335: in function 'callback'
2021-01-13 01:43:48: ERROR[Main]:       ...heflag_MineWars/mods/ctf/ctf_map/ctf_map_core/emerge.lua:16: in function <...heflag_MineWars/mods/ctf/ctf_map/ctf_
map_core/emerge.lua:2>
2021-01-13 01:43:48: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
Plz help me, becuase i dont want to LOSE any players

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

I was playing your CTF earlier ... I use the sniper rifle. It makes me feel like chris kyle. Sometimes I like to pretend; I made a custom texture pack to make all of the textures look like sand. I replaced the ice with oil slick!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Oh dang I didn't realize this existed
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

DiSliKra

by DiSliKra » Post

I We love this game (multiplayer, local network, Mac computers, minetest 5.3 server)

We want to lock the four players to the same team.
Player1 -> blue
Player2 -> blue
Player3-> red
Player4 -> red

I test the commands :

/ctf_lock_to_team Player1 blue
/ctf_lock_to_team Player2 blue
/ctf_lock_to_team Player3 red
/ctf_lock_to_team Player4 red
But it does not seem to lock the players (not in the actual round, and not in the next round).

When I do the command :

This result is displayed :

Locked Player1 to blue
And this is recording in the ctf_alloc file :

{"locktoteam":"{\"Player1\":\"blue\"}"}
But no effect in the game.

What is wrong in my attempt ?

Thank you for your help !!

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

I have now also managed to create my own maps. One question: could it be made MCL2 compatible?
Or would that be too much work?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

DiSliKra wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 15:21
I We love this game (multiplayer, local network, Mac computers, minetest 5.3 server)

We want to lock the four players to the same team.
Player1 -> blue
Player2 -> blue
Player3-> red
Player4 -> red

I test the commands :

/ctf_lock_to_team Player2 blue
/ctf_lock_to_team Player3 red
/ctf_lock_to_team Player4 red
But it does not seem to lock the players (not in the actual round, and not in the next round).

When I do the command :

This result is displayed :

Locked Player1 to blue
And this is recording in the ctf_alloc file :

{"locktoteam":"{\"Player1\":\"blue\"}"}
But no effect in the game.

What is wrong in my attempt ?

Thank you for your help !!
Something was probably broken somewhere along the line. Not sure when it'll be fixed but I'm hoping it'll be soon
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)