[Game] Hungry Games Plus

GunshipPenguin
GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

[Game] Hungry Games Plus

by GunshipPenguin » Post

This is a fork of Splizard's Hungry Games with many bugfixes, improvements and new features. This was originally created as a small fork by me to only run on my hunger games server, but I decided to create a topic for the subgame itself as there has been quite a bit of interest in it.

Players joining a server will spawn in a lobby area, they can then use the /vote command to vote for the next game to start. Once enough players have voted, the players will be spawned in an arena fenced off by an unbreakable wall. There will be a grace period (By default 90 seconds) where PVP is disabled. Players can get food and equipment out of chests which are scattered around the map and that can be configured to refill at regular intervals. When the grace period is over, PVP is enabled. Players who die will have their nametag turned red and spawn back in the lobby. The last player alive wins the game.

There have been too many changes to Splizard's hungry_games to list here, so I'll go over the major ones
Changes:
  • -Code textures and sound from minetest_game, which this subgame is based on, have all been updated to 0.4.13
    -Wuzzy's Hudbars mod has been included and a votes hudbar has been added
    -The chest system has been cleaned up, and chests can now be set to refill at regular intervals
    -Hunger and Thirst are much more difficult to deal with
    -Completely reworked inventory
    -New sounds
    -Snow mod has been removed as snow biomes are generated by default in 0.4.13
    -Cleaned up voting system
    -Simplified configuration
    -Countless bugfixes
Licenses (Code / Textures / Sounds):
  • hungry_games related mods: GPL v2 or v3 / varies (see Readme) / varies (see Readme)
    3d_armor: LGPL / varies (see Readme) / ~
    boats: WTFPL / WTFPL / ~
    bucket: GPLv2 or v3 / CC BY-SA 3.0 / ~
    builtin_item: WTFPL / ~ / WTFPL
    creative: WTFPL / ~ / ~
    default: GPLv2 or v3 / CC BY-SA 3.0 / CC BY-SA 3.0
    doors: WTFPL / varies (see Readme) / CC BY 3.0
    dye: WTFPL / WTFPL / ~
    farming: WTFPL / varies (see Readme) / ~
    fire: WTFPL / CC BY-SA 3.0 / CC BY
    flowers: WTFPL / WTFPL / ~
    food: CC BY-SA 3.0 / CC BY-SA 3.0 / ~
    hudbars: WTFPL / varies (see Readme) / ~
    inventory_plus: GPLv3 / ~ / ~
    item_drop: WTFPL / ~ / WTFPL
    stairs: LGPLv2 or v3 / CC BY-SA 3.0 / ~
    survival_modpack: BSD / varies (see Readme) / ~
    throwing: WTFPL / WTFPL / ~
    vessels: GPLv2 or v3 / WTFPL / ~
    wool: WTFPL / CC BY-SA 3.0 / ~
    xpanes: WTFPL / WTFPL / ~
Contributors: Configuration:
  • Please edit the init.lua file within the hungry_games mod for configuration.
Github Link:

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Game] Hungry Games Plus

by rubenwardy » Post

Looks good!

You should consider using the Vote mod (it's WTFPL btw), see how CaptureTheFlag does /vote_next: https://github.com/rubenwardy/captureth ... lua#L6-L26
You can use the "vote.kick_vote = false" setting to disable kick voting. (It's just an example, really).
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hi, just a quick note: When I joined your Hungry Games server recently, my console was spammed with errors about minimap images missing. Indeed, the minimap is broken in Hungry Games Plus, probably because of missing images. Remember, Minetest 0.4.13 added the minimap into the engine.
Probably it would be enough to copy the images from Minetest Game (for a start). Themed images can always be added later, I guess. :)

If you think the minimap does not belong into Hungry Games Plus for gameplay reasons (it would be a reasonable decision IMO), you are able to disable it. (Use the player HUD flags.)

EDIT: Sorry, it was just me. I messed up my Minetest installation. There is no bug, forget what I have said about bugs.

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Hello, I like this game, but juices do not refill the thirsty bar.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

AMMOnym wrote:Hello, I like this game, but juices do not refill the thirsty bar.
Fixed on our version : https://github.com/MinetestForFun/serve ... ngry_games

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Hi, just a quick note: When I joined your Hungry Games server recently, my console was spammed with errors about minimap images missing.
Console?
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

he is meaning the chat i think
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

Yeah, I would assume so, but still...
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

jairodrake

by jairodrake » Post

The game is round-based. Once you have died, won, or you just entered the server, you have to wait until the next round starts. When you play a map with this game a glass wall is created which is (by default) 400×400 blocks around the center of the map, it is an indestructable wall and players will always spawn inside the arena. There are also chests scattered randomly around the arena which contain useful weapons and items. When you die you drop all your items and start spectating or get teleported to a lobby where combat is disabled. You will become hungry and thirsty over time. When your hunger or thirst bar reaches 100%, you have to find food or a drink quickly, otherwise you will die from starvation or dehydration.