[GAME] Extreme Survival Minetest -redo

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [GAME] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by maikerumine » Post

dawgdoc wrote:I know you are no longer working on this, so I am not asking for updates, simply guidance on how I can fix the following error on my singleplayer worlds. And maybe it is of use to you since you are bringing the server back.

I don't actually recall what my activity was at the time the error occurred. But I think I was in my home transferring items from inventory to chests. In world it was either spring or summer, the trees were green with apples on them and crops were growing. I was playing on an existing world, the subgame and been last updated to the github version early on 10 Dec. Anyhow, running MT 0.4.16 on LinuxMint 18.2 (based on Ubuntu 16.04). This is on a Dell laptop: AMD A10 cpu (quad core 1.8gHz), 12GB ram, R6 graphics. The subgame shutdown and a dialog appeared referring to this error found in debug.txt.

Code: Select all

-------------
  Separator
-------------

2017-12-12 03:57:16: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mymonths' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...xtreme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/mymonths/flowers.lua:86: bad argument #2 to 'random' (number expected, got nil)
2017-12-12 03:57:16: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-12-12 03:57:16: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'random'
2017-12-12 03:57:16: ERROR[Main]: 	...xtreme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/mymonths/flowers.lua:86: in function <...xtreme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/mymonths/flowers.lua:64>
Lines 85 to 89 of /mymonths/flowers.lua read

if minetest.get_node(pos).name == 'air' then
        local key = math.random(1, mymonths.flower_number)
        local placed_flower = mymonths.flowers[key]
        minetest.set_node(pos, {name = placed_flower})
      end
Fixed! And I am still working on this game. The bug was one line of code was missing in the flowers Lia, one of those files. All should be good now.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Thank you, I opened that world up again and had the error occur again. I was about to create a new world to see if the error occurred there.
Instead I will pull your changes.

EDIT: Pulled the changes and ran the game with no errors. Wow, what a boatload of changes. Later, gotta go mining to make some of the new things now possible.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

RastaManGames
In-game: RMG

by RastaManGames » Post

Oh... Im sorry... This subgame is crashing for me for some reason after few seconds...
It says something about high LUA memory usage (~179 MB). It's strange, because i have strong PC.
There is also error about village mod...
Where i can read error log?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

RastaManGames wrote:Oh... Im sorry... This subgame is crashing for me for some reason after few seconds...
It says something about high LUA memory usage (~179 MB). It's strange, because i have strong PC.
There is also error about village mod...
Where i can read error log?
Totally normal, and quite unacceptable :) I get this too and the only way around this is to create a server and log in on 127.0.0.1 and port 30000.

To make a simple server just make a shortcut in your mt directory then right click the shortcut.

Click properties.
in the top line add:
< --server worldname <thenameof your world>>
Do not use the <>, this is only shown for refrence.

E.G. it should look something like this, with two spaces in front of the new added string:
--server --worldname ESM

I hope that helps, this is a very heavy subgame that LUA does not like to run, but when ran as a server, you shall overcome the OOM errors and retain victory!

RastaManGames

by RastaManGames » Post

maikerumine wrote:Click properties.
in the top line add:
Um... This line created server with usally MineTest game.
How can i create server with ESM4?

Update: Nevermind. I just copied world, created for ESM4 subgame into "bin" folder and created server again. By the way, how can i expand LUA limits? I can spend about 4 GB RAM for game, if this needed.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

RastaManGames wrote:
maikerumine wrote:Click properties.
in the top line add:
Um... This line created server with usally MineTest game.
How can i create server with ESM4?

Update: Nevermind. I just copied world, created for ESM4 subgame into "bin" folder and created server again. By the way, how can i expand LUA limits? I can spend about 4 GB RAM for game, if this needed.

LUA limits... Beats me. If you figure it out, please share.

RastaManGames

by RastaManGames » Post

By the way i think i can play normally for a while.
Um... I need create server every time, when i want to play in big subgames? :C

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

RastaManGames wrote:By the way i think i can play normally for a while.
Um... I need create server every time, when i want to play in big subgames? :C
It works for me, I wish it wasn't so, but you may need to do this to get away from the lua oom crash.

dawgdoc

looking for guidance to end 8 pm shutdown

by dawgdoc » Post

Maike,

What line/s can I change or comment out in es/shutdown.lua so that my single player world does not shutdown each evening at 2000 hours? Or would I simply delete the entire file?

And - two possible bugs:

1. I frequently get this during gameplay, but I think it may be engine related because I seem to recall seeing it in the default game and / or other subgames.

2018-01-06 17:22:27: ERROR[Server]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=7709 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-10,-6,-46)
2018-01-06 17:54:50: ERROR[Server]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=8506 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-48,4,-19)
2. The other night a bug occurred with the death messages mod. A npc killed me and when I clicked on the respawn button the screen went grey and stayed like that for several minutes. Minetest never returned me to the game or to the MT menu. I had to click on the close button at the top right. When I reopened Minetest and your subgame the respawn screen came up and when I clicked respawn button the above process repeated.

-------------
  Separator
-------------

2018-01-07 01:17:24: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'death_messages' in callback environment_Step(): ...eme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/death_messages/init.lua:300: attempt to index a nil value
2018-01-07 01:17:24: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-01-07 01:17:24: ERROR[Main]: 	...eme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/death_messages/init.lua:300: in function 'func'
2018-01-07 01:17:24: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2018-01-07 01:17:24: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2018-01-07 01:17:24: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:

-------------
  Separator
-------------

2018-01-07 01:20:01: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'death_messages' in callback environment_Step(): ...eme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/death_messages/init.lua:300: attempt to index a nil value
2018-01-07 01:20:01: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-01-07 01:20:01: ERROR[Main]: 	...eme-Survival-Minetest-04.16/mods/death_messages/init.lua:300: in function 'func'
2018-01-07 01:20:01: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2018-01-07 01:20:01: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2018-01-07 01:20:01: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:

dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Maike,

A crafting conflict I noticed three or two weeks ago, but haven't reported yet. It involves using four wrought iron ingots to craft steel boots yet getting steel (soft?) grates.

Crafting Guide Recipe

Result of using the recipe.

I felt like I was Dutch for using wooden boots (clogs) until I was wealthy enough to afford bronze boots. :-}
Attachments
steelBootsResult.png
steelBootsResult.png (266.16 KiB) Viewed 808 times
steelBootsREcipe.png
steelBootsREcipe.png (263.08 KiB) Viewed 808 times

dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

@maikerumine
I saw this discussion in the mobs-redo thread:
Hamlet wrote:Is there a way to avoid mobs/npcs entering the "attack" state if the target isn't in their line of sight?
I'm testing some npcs/mobs and I've noticed that they look even for mobs that they couldn't normally see, for example a monster in a cave under them or a mob in a tunnel separated by a stone wall.

It's weird to see them get stuck in front of a wall, or running in circles because of an underground mob.
TenPlus1 wrote:Hamlet - Mobs Redo API has been updated and this issue has been fixed :)
I guessing this fix would apply to both this game and it's newer version.