That's OK but add doom dragons or something like that

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Game] Voxellar release [2.0]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

dragons... yeah sure!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Moleman
In-game: Moleboi

by Moleman » Post

From the doom mobs mod that would be amazing

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

sure, i will add them back in the next update!

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

The subgae is good, but it's way to heavy... TNT doesn't fuse and gets tsuck there forever, npcs bug from on eplace to another. Also what is the story, idea, key of the game? Maybe add the frames mod?
This is a cool signature. :)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Sorry for the heavy game, i can't do another way...

I will look at this wierd TNT bug...

NPCs... will get updated, just wait for the 2.1

As I wrote earlier
It's an open world game about exploring and collecting the maximum of ressources. Or about farming. Or about defending a village. Or about mining in the deepest layers of Earth. Or about getting the best weapon set. Or about building castles. About everything.
I will add a basic frame mod, 'k?

Deadlock
In-game: Jimmey

by Deadlock » Post

I get some fatal errors when trying to start a new voxellar-world.

Win7 - MT 0.4.16 - Mapgen: valleys

on startup i get:

Code: Select all

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenRuntime error from mod 'villagers' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): ...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:251: attempt to get length of local 'textures' (a nil value)
 ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:251: in function 'getVillagerAppearance'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:2172: in function 'spawnVillager'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:2621: in function 'spawnOnNonResidential'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:2743: in function 'part_of_village_spawned'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MAPGEN\mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1249: in function 'place_villages_via_voxelmanip'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MAPGEN\mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1345: in function <...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MAPGEN\mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1302>
 ERROR[Main]: 	C:\games\Minetest\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:412: in function <C:\games\Minetest\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:392>
then i added one of the suggested texture-packs: horrorpack
and i get:

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'advanced_npc' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/actions/places.lua:261: attempt to index local 'all_data' (a nil value)
 ERROR[Main]: 	...games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/actions/places.lua:261: in function 'get_mg_villages_building_data'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/spawner.lua:683: in function 'adapt_mg_villages_plotmarker'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/spawner.lua:857: in function <...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/spawner.lua:841>
not shure what i do wrong.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This game is unplayable, it doesn't appear to have a crafting guide.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Deadlock wrote:I get some fatal errors when trying to start a new voxellar-world.

Win7 - MT 0.4.16 - Mapgen: valleys

on startup i get:

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenRuntime error from mod 'villagers' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): ...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:251: attempt to get length of local 'textures' (a nil value)
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:251: in function 'getVillagerAppearance'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:2172: in function 'spawnVillager'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:2621: in function 'spawnOnNonResidential'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...etest\bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\villagers\init.lua:2743: in function 'part_of_village_spawned'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MAPGEN\mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1249: in function 'place_villages_via_voxelmanip'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MAPGEN\mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1345: in function <...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MAPGEN\mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1302>
 ERROR[Main]: 	C:\games\Minetest\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:412: in function <C:\games\Minetest\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:392>
then i added one of the suggested texture-packs: horrorpack
and i get:

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'advanced_npc' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/actions/places.lua:261: attempt to index local 'all_data' (a nil value)
 ERROR[Main]: 	...games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/actions/places.lua:261: in function 'get_mg_villages_building_data'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/spawner.lua:683: in function 'adapt_mg_villages_plotmarker'
 ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/spawner.lua:857: in function <...bin\..\games\Voxellar\mods\MOBS\advanced_npc/spawner.lua:841>
not shure what i do wrong.
That very problematic.... I thought it was fixed. I need to update villages and NPCs... however, the texturepack is not involved in errors.
Wuzzy wrote:This game is unplayable, it doesn't appear to have a crafting guide.
Thank you for this constructive answer :D I said i will add one!

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Sorry for the heavy game, i can't do another way...

I will look at this wierd TNT bug...

NPCs... will get updated, just wait for the 2.1

As I wrote earlier
It's an open world game about exploring and collecting the maximum of ressources. Or about farming. Or about defending a village. Or about mining in the deepest layers of Earth. Or about getting the best weapon set. Or about building castles. About everything.
I will add a basic frame mod, 'k?
Actually what MT version is this game for? I have experienced teh tnt bug before on a normal version of MT. Probabaly my game wasn't updatted enough for the TNT mod. And I mean this mod with frames: https://github.com/minetest-mods/frame
This is a cool signature. :)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

this game is for 0.4.16-stable. Thanks for the reminder on tnt. Seems like i fixed the villages bug. will add the frames in the next update! Thank you all for your support!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This subgame is unbelievably broken, it almost always crashes instantly when I join a new singleplayer world, on subsequent joins I can't play for 5 minutes without crashing. :-(

I'm using version 2.0.

Why did you claim this subgame has the help modpack in it? This is simply not true. Typing in “/mods” does not show the “doc” mod. This mod also does not appear anywhere in your repository.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

it isn't used anymore as you said you wouldn't maintained it. I used past :(

I'm sorry for the crash, it isn't unbelievably broken, it's just that it needs a stronk computer and a Lua online build. No luajit because of the limit...

Sorry.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

???
I never said I wouldn't maintain it. :O
Are there any bugs in the Help modpack which prevent adoption? I'm not aware of any. Or are you missing a particular must-have feature?
It's true that it didn't get new features recently but this doesn't mean it's suddenly unusable. Note the Help modpack has been out of WIP since a long time now and I think it's very stable. I've using Help successfully in MineClone 2 for months without any problems.
I'm sorry for the crash, it isn't unbelievably broken, it's just that it needs a stronk computer and a Lua online build. No luajit because of the limit...
It's not an OOM crash and I don't use LuaJIT.
Just try to play Voxellar 2.0 for 15 minutes straight in a new world and see for yourselves.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I believe you, but mine doesn't crash, it's just laggy, and I don't like the combination of mods Azekill chose for it.
What is SCP-055?

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Wuzzy wrote:???
I never said I wouldn't maintain it. :O
Are there any bugs in the Help modpack which prevent adoption? I'm not aware of any. Or are you missing a particular must-have feature?
Many people complained it was more disturbing than anything so I removed it. I forgot to re-add it to be honest.
It's true that it didn't get new features recently but this doesn't mean it's suddenly unusable. Note the Help modpack has been out of WIP since a long time now and I think it's very stable. I've using Help successfully in MineClone 2 for months without any problems.
Sure.
Just try to play Voxellar 2.0 for 15 minutes straight in a new world and see for yourselves.
Well, I did, it works fine ;)

will give it a new try to be sure!

Chem871 wrote:I don't like the combination of mods Azekill chose for it.
Can you tell me what can I improve?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Many people complained it was more disturbing than anything so I removed it. I forgot to re-add it to be honest.
I don't know what you mean by “disturbing” but I take a guess: A long, long time ago, there was a sound effect whenever you punched/collected/whatever something new. I eventually realized it is confusing and can get annoying quite fast. So I removed it. But this was a long, long time ago.
Well, I did, it works fine ;)
Are you sure you played exact version 2.0 and not some development version?

This happens almost instantly after I start a new world (the world doesn't even visibly generate before it crashes):
2018-01-13 14:29:47: ACTION[Server]: Giving initial stuff to player singleplayer
2018-01-13 14:29:47: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game.
2018-01-13 14:29:47: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2018-01-13 14:29:47: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer activates default:pick_steel
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenRuntime error from mod 'villagers' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): .../.minetest/games/ Voxellar/mods/MOBS/villagers/init.lua:251: attempt to get length of local 'textures' (a nil value)
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: .../.minetest/games/Voxellar/mods/MOBS/villagers/init.lua:251: in function 'getVillagerAppearance'
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: .../.minetest/games/Voxellar/mods/MOBS/villagers/init.lua:2172: in function 'spawnVillager'
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: .../.minetest/games/Voxellar/mods/MOBS/villagers/init.lua:2621: in function 'spawnOnNonResidential'
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: .../.minetest/games/Voxellar/mods/MOBS/villagers/init.lua:2743: in function 'part_of_village_spawned'
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: ...netest/games/Voxellar/mods/MAPGEN/mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1249: in function 'place_villages_via_voxelmanip'
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: ...netest/games/Voxellar/mods/MAPGEN/mg_villages/mapgen.lua:1345: in function <...netest/games/Voxellar/mods/MAPGEN/mg_villages /mapgen.lua:1302>
2018-01-13 14:29:48: ERROR[Main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2018-01-13 14:29:49: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
Voxellar: 2.0
Minetest: 0.4.16
Mapgen type: v7
Damage: on
Creative Mode: off

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I don't know what you mean by “disturbing” but I take a guess: A long, long time ago, there was a sound effect whenever you punched/collected/whatever something new. I eventually realized it is confusing and can get annoying quite fast. So I removed it. But this was a long, long time ago.
No people just didn't liked that window popping, even if it was removable.
Wuzzy wrote: Are you sure you played exact version 2.0 and not some development version?
umm. Let me see... no it's the dev version that I was testing, will release it soon, it doesn't crash on start at all. But the villagers mod are still very WIP.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No people just didn't liked that window popping, even if it was removable.
What do you mean exactly? The sound effect? As I said, this is gone lone time ago.

If you mean the window pops up for no reason, that's a bug. Note this never happened to me, I just try to guess what you mean. :-/ Please explain what you mean with “that window popping”.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that anyone finds my modpack disturbing, at least in the latest stable version.
will release it soon
Do you always put gazillions of files in a single commit? xD Frankly, that's not how Git is supposed to be used.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Wuzzy wrote: What do you mean exactly? The sound effect? As I said, this is gone lone time ago.

If you mean the window pops up for no reason, that's a bug. Note this never happened to me, I just try to guess what you mean. :-/ Please explain what you mean with “that window popping”.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that anyone finds my modpack disturbing, at least in the latest stable version.
Some people said me that it was useless, and to be honest, i think I lost the copy of the modified version I made. And anyway, I don't think it really helped player to do anything.

Do you always put gazillions of files in a single commit? xD Frankly, that's not how Git is supposed to be used.
I know but I like to overload their servers xP

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Number one, every stair node, and all the nodes from xdecor's workbench stair/fancy node maker are in creative inventory, and number two, you have moretrees and caverealms, which are slightly laggy by themselves.
What is SCP-055?

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Chem871 wrote:Number one, every stair node, and all the nodes from xdecor's workbench stair/fancy node maker are in creative inventory,
i'm just thinking that xdecor crafting table is a bit useless.
and number two, you have moretrees and caverealms, which are slightly laggy by themselves.
But they are the soul of the game.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hmm, yeah. The help modpack alone is actually just a framework. Ideally, all the items need short help texts as well. Proper explanations to understand all those items. I have added these hand-written texts for all items in MCL2, and it was received well.

A proper integration of Help also needs work from your side (it's impossible for the modpack to automatically explain all the items YOU invented).
Note: Minetest Game help texts can be found in doc_minetest_game, so this might be useful for a start. Also, request modders of your favorite mods to write help texts for their items. The more modders do this, the better the overall help becomes.

If you still don't want add in the help system, that's fine (but sad), and I won't bother you with this again.
But if you do want to add it, I'm ready to assist and answer questions.
i'm just thinking that xdecor crafting table is a bit useless.
I fully agree. It's pretty weird.
and number two, you have moretrees and caverealms, which are slightly laggy by themselves.
But they are the soul of the game.
Well said. The trees are actually a good thing in this subgame. No need to dumb them down.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

All fine then. i'll try to fight my lazyness and to add help modpack, but only when i'm sure I won't modifiy everything again. To avoid useless work. Thanks for the feedback.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Does someone has an link to a 0.4.16/17 minetest game build? I can't even start the game right now.