[Game] Voxellar release [2.0]

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Mar 03, 2017 17:51

ok, i will see for the item drop,
but what do you call a moss?
the digging animation is viewable, but lags and mapgen make it hard to see sry.
DOORS ERROR?
idk from where it comes, probably and outdated part of code, will see.

Thank you for testing!
 

User avatar
D00Med
Member
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
Location: Australia...somewhere
GitHub: D00Med

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by D00Med » Fri Mar 03, 2017 20:12

There's a plant growing on trees, the description is 'moss'.
You're welcome
 

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by toby109tt » Sun Mar 05, 2017 00:21

This subgame is Pretty nice but the textures are a bit all over the place (It's Not consistent)
Try to improve the textures and this is a solid 10 out of 10!
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:36

ok! have you tried doomed HORROR pack? it's made for this game and support a great part of the mods... sorry for the textures, i didn't changed them at all so they don't always looks great. i'll make the game looks darker!
 

User avatar
D00Med
Member
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
Location: Australia...somewhere
GitHub: D00Med

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by D00Med » Mon Mar 06, 2017 07:26

speaking of which I've been intending to finish support for this game.
I noticed that there's no icon for the trash, that would be helpful
edit: also are items supposed to be kept after dying?
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
RealGoldenHart
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 23:27
Location: My office.
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by RealGoldenHart » Mon Mar 06, 2017 23:25

Hey there, long time Mt player, short time forum user. I have the issue with the doors as well, will this be updated soon? Imy just deleting door for now, but I don't think the villagers like I took all the doors down. I love the subgame so far, just excited to see what's next.

Some things I would consider adding, maybe give each NPC a separate role, rather than just give them each different skins. For example, maybe set up one as a blacksmith, one as a trader (as already done), one as a baker, and maybe split up the traders into separate categories. Not sure if all this is possible, just spouting ideas. Please keep up the good work, don't abandon this. :)

Also, I killed trader Kirby retro by accident lol, I hit him when trying to view what he had to offer. :p


Edit: after leaving the village, some areas are in desperate need of mapfix command or something. Not sure how to fix this, just making a note.

Edit2: these hostile mobs are somewhat difficult to beat, I love it, however can you make it so them drop something for my effort? Otherwise I'm just avoiding them
K. I'm bored with signatures.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Mar 08, 2017 13:15

First, welcome to forum RealGoldenHart ! Then happy to see you like the game!

About the doors: i've never seen this bug, could you show me your debug txt? Then for npc roles (headache) it is extremely hard to make them spwn properly, without adding or a special spawner node or modifying the already slow mapgen of villages. Maybe i will change things after all. Then stop killing the traders with the name of my friend, villagers life matter.

"some areas are in desperate need of mapfix"
damn are you talking of that ******* light bug?!!! i deleted it five times and it comes back everytime!! Holy cow. don't care i'll add a sort of mapfix that execute every mintues or something like that... thanks for reporting.

Then for the mobs: the philosophy of the game is to do extremely hard to beat mobs, because the idea is that you are trapped in your own nightmares. But the mobs are not so hard to beat, i beat them with no armor and an iron sword ;) (i coded a part of them so i know to dodge most attack, also try to use their big size to stuck them...)

Thank you for helping, i have plenty things to improve in the 1.8 version :) continue playing!

then just a little question not only to you: has the person who voted 1/5 (absolutly bad) has even tested the game? does he know this is WorkInProgress Game?? Could he post what makes the game so bad?
 

User avatar
RealGoldenHart
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 23:27
Location: My office.
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by RealGoldenHart » Wed Mar 08, 2017 14:39

azekill_DIABLO wrote:First, welcome to forum RealGoldenHart ! Then happy to see you like the game!

About the doors: i've never seen this bug, could you show me your debug txt? Then for npc roles (headache) it is extremely hard to make them spwn properly, without adding or a special spawner node or modifying the already slow mapgen of villages. Maybe i will change things after all. Then stop killing the traders with the name of my friend, villagers life matter.

"some areas are in desperate need of mapfix"
damn are you talking of that ******* light bug?!!! i deleted it five times and it comes back everytime!! Holy cow. don't care i'll add a sort of mapfix that execute every mintues or something like that... thanks for reporting.

Then for the mobs: the philosophy of the game is to do extremely hard to beat mobs, because the idea is that you are trapped in your own nightmares. But the mobs are not so hard to beat, i beat them with no armor and an iron sword ;) (i coded a part of them so i know to dodge most attack, also try to use their big size to stuck them...)

Thank you for helping, i have plenty things to improve in the 1.8 version :) continue playing!

then just a little question not only to you: has the person who voted 1/5 (absolutly bad) has even tested the game? does he know this is WorkInProgress Game?? Could he post what makes the game so bad?



Alright for the village door issue, I thought doomed has submitted the debug txt. I will get back into MT later and pm it to you, so as not to spam the forums.

As for the mobs, my brother and I played this on a private server, and with a iron sword no armor we get run over almost every time. Maybe we just have to learn how to dodge the attacks.

And yeah if you could do that idea with the mapfix it would be great, some areas are just impossible to see.

Good luck with continuing the game, and I will pm you with the debug txt once I am able.
K. I'm bored with signatures.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
1248
Member
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 11:47
Location: Germany
GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu Mar 09, 2017 17:00

OMG! you are doing a very good serie of my game, you done about 30 vids on it, and you won't tell me? IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:24

sorry to say you this guys. i don't know if i must continue this game :/ i have made a poll you can vote.
 

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by toby109tt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:14

azekill_DIABLO wrote:sorry to say you this guys. i don't know if i must continue this game :/ i have made a poll you can vote.

What will you do if you don't?

Will you make a new game?
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 15:33

i have already done a new game... no sorry... two! wait, three, if we count VoxBox, a block has born (POC - test) and Bountiful Blossoms the very recent one. The problem is that the game voxellar is bugged and i have no idea where the bug comes from. Id'like the debugger to be more precise in which mod is involved in which error. But now, i miss time i'm just, and only just thinking to freeze the dev of it, or only focus on debugging.
 

User avatar
MineYoshi
Member
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 13:20

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by MineYoshi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 21:53

azekill_DIABLO wrote:i have already done a new game... no sorry... two! wait, three, if we count VoxBox, a block has born (POC - test) and Bountiful Blossoms the very recent one. The problem is that the game voxellar is bugged and i have no idea where the bug comes from. Id'like the debugger to be more precise in which mod is involved in which error. But now, i miss time i'm just, and only just thinking to freeze the dev of it, or only focus on debugging.

May God bless us with high quality debbugging software
Image
nire patata zurea da, kide :-)
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Sat May 06, 2017 10:42

I just deleted and re added a newer version of mg_villages. 3 times faster mapgen. about 50 fps. demn. and no more bugs. lel. voxellar will return
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
MineYoshi
Member
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 13:20

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by MineYoshi » Fri May 12, 2017 22:10

azekill_DIABLO wrote:1.8 is coming guys!

Great. +1
nire patata zurea da, kide :-)
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar:Anvil of Death...[1.7 Debugged]

by azekill_DIABLO » Sat Jun 24, 2017 14:46

I will probably rebase the game totally. i did add too many mods and there are errors that i can't even spot becasue they are hidden in lines and lines of outdated code. As i will took me many time to ''clean'' the game, i prefer to remake it from minimum. Sorry for this guys.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [game]Voxellar (TOTAL REBASE) [1.9]

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 17:34

Alleluia! Finally! The most awaited update ever!

Voxellar 1.9 has been released!


as the title suggest it, it's a total rebase, and it should be FAR less buggy than the 1.7 (or the 1.8, it was so buggy that I didn't even tried to release it.)
 

User avatar
D00Med
Member
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
Location: Australia...somewhere
GitHub: D00Med
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

PreviousNext

Return to Game Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests