no
3%

Total votes: 72

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.2.5]

by davidthecreator » Post

Kilarin wrote:This looks interesting, but I have to admit I'm getting a bit discouraged.
I don't mind a challenge, I LIKE a difficult to play game. But I spawned in the middle of a huge sand desert. have to run immediately to water so that most of the mobs die before they get to me. searching and searching for some WOOD so I can craft armor or tools. After about 5 deaths, I finally find some dirt with grass, but there are no trees, and now green monsters kill me. After another 5 or so deaths, I FINALLY find a tree... It's a rubber tree and apparently can't be used to make wood and wooden tools?

I like difficult games, I really do, but I am struggling to figure out how to make forward progress in this one.
LOL... but after you get atleast 1 piece of armor, you are invincible to mobs....

should be more balanced...

Would suggest 1248 to add "hard_mobs" mod to this game... and maybe reduce spawnrates a bit...

GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.2.10]

by 1248 » Post

I will try to fix this.

totya

by totya » Post

Hi!

I tried this mod today (3.2.10) with latest Minetest version (0.4.17.1). The first look, this mod is unplayable, because there are very much mob everywhere. Can I set the mod difficulty / mob count? Second, what is the advanced menu key, because I saw a picture in the first message, name is Regnum 2.png. Thanks.

by 1248 » Post

I think I realy have to changes the mob spawn rate. You can not changes the difficulty.
The picture you saw is the main logo of the subsequent game: Regnum 2. It is useless in the Regnum game so I will remove it.

By the way, I think I will not make any update in the next 2 month of my games. I have a lot other projects and I don't have mutch time for Minetest.

totya

by totya » Post

1248 wrote:I think I realy have to changes the mob spawn rate. You can not changes the difficulty.
The picture you saw is the main logo of the subsequent game: Regnum 2. It is useless in the Regnum game so I will remove it.

By the way, I think I will not make any update in the next 2 month of my games. I have a lot other projects and I don't have mutch time for Minetest.
Hi! Anyway, thanks for the quick answer! :)

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.3.0]

by 1248 » Post

Another little update is released (Regnum 3.3.0).
I reduce spawnrates a bit and I changed something about the armor.

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.3.4]

by 1248 » Post

Three years Regnum!!
If you update Regnum to 3.3.4 you will get a "three years Regnum"-trophy, but Regnum 3.2.5 will be released on 01-06-2019 and then you will not get a trophy anymore.
I know I'm a bit late (19 days) but I hope to find more time to work on my minetest projekts in the future.

Nota

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.3.4]-Three years Regnum!!

by Nota » Post

Hi, I'm playing your game now with my family. How do you dig the colors? I can't figure it out. Red, blue, black, white? The battleaxe does not work, I tried diamond pick and cloud remover too!

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Post

Nota wrote:Hi, I'm playing your game now with my family. How do you dig the colors? I can't figure it out. Red, blue, black, white? The battleaxe does not work, I tried diamond pick and cloud remover too!
Needs some really really strong battleaxe...

But If I recall correctly, TNT also works.

by 1248 » Post

Nice to hear that someone plays my game.
It is right, you need a really strong battleaxe to remove some of the ores. (1. Press Craft Guide & 2. Press Regnum & select a level to see how to craft.)
You can also use the node breaker from the pipeworks mod to dig ever node.

Nota

by Nota » Post

Thanks! Is it possible to build a really strong battleaxe without the colors?

Also, is the monster type above ground the only type in the game?

by 1248 » Post

You only need the colors to upgrade your battleaxe and if you upgrade your battleaxe you can dig the "colors". Until level 45 you don't need any ore you can't dig.

Yes they are the only monster type in this game. (until now)

goats

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.3.7]

by goats » Post

fatal error upon opening wool gift 2:

Code: Select all

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'tutorial' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): "tutorial:brown_wool_titan50" is not a registered node!
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'add_node'
ERROR[Main]: 	...goats/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/tutorial/basic/abm.lua:205: in function <...goats/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/tutorial/basic/abm.lua:204>
ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
unfortunately this crashes the game upon every restart. i cannot find node references or textures for color_wool_titan.

others:

Code: Select all

WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "offset2" inside a function at /home/goats/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/hudbars/init.lua:223.

WARNING[Main]: Field "height_min": Deprecated: new name is "y_min".
WARNING[Main]: Field "height_max": Deprecated: new name is "y_max".
WARNING[Main]: Field "tile_images": Deprecated; new name is "tiles".
WARNING[Main]: Field "noise_threshhold": Deprecated: new name is "noise_threshold".

WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "technic" accessed at ...test/games/regnum/mods/technic/technic_worldgen/init.lua:1

WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: technic:hv_nuclear_reactor_core_active
WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: technic:forcefield
and of course, the obligatory litany of Irrlicht errors. :D

Very interesting game. I am going to make a new world and avoid opening one of these gifts in the future. :)

by 1248 » Post

ok, I will try fix these bugs.

EnthLojeek

by EnthLojeek » Post

i was wondering how can one set up the regnum inventory interface where it look exactly or possibly close to like the minetest main inventory UI..... i cant seem to arrange enabled folders correctly to achieve that so far. in other words... what mod folders need to be enabled in order for my being able to sethome, change skins, switch large bags to check for/store available items or adjust anything within the worldedit UI, etc.......

goats

by goats » Post

Oh hi! Thanks ... although i don't think any seriously affect gameplay excepting the color wool gift lv 2 as long as one knows not to open it,

I was wondering also if there is some further guidance somewhere for what the tools do - upgrading is a long path, and there seems to be little effect along the way. Also i do not seem to find the grey coins or anything else from "running around", so i cannot craft upgrade keys, etc. Is there some other requirement for finding these?

Cool game so far. One of the few full games out there, it must have been a lot of work!

goats

by goats » Post

@ EnthLojeek -

For changing the inventory UI, you would need to re-write the inventory mod. As far as i can see, it is the same, but with the additions necessary for this game. For having more than 4 bags and sethome, etc., you need to complete the goals which enable these or possibly grant yourself the privs in the chat/CLI. Given you can make travelnet, sethome is sort of redundant and limited. Worldedit, i'm not sure, i think it is modified for specific things in the game, not the normal worldedit package.

Or are you just not seeing the bags (and everything else)? Have you clicked the giant Regnum icon in inventory/crafting?

Amoeba
GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Post

This game was ... interesting. Died a few times at first, then got armors, then collected tons of gifts. After playing for two days, I'm pretty down – this game seems really grindy. The wall I came against was that the next level of the Mega Battle axe apparently requires diamondblocks, and I didn't seem to find any way to get those from the monsters.
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that all 120 battleaxes are gained in a linear fashion, each based on the previous. That seems like it would be appealing only to a very small set of people.
Also, there apparently is an experience system, but when do you get access to it? I sort of figured it has to do with all the colored boxes that I can't mine...?

On the whole, it seems like there's been a lot of effort put into this game, but it needs a lot of reworking if you want to appeal to larger groups of players.

Oh, and you need a "craft 99" button or key – even clicking 10 at a time with the middle mouse button feels like I'm causing myself tendonitis.

goats

by goats » Post

Yeah, it is super-grindy. :D Diamonds you just need to find at depth. There is an ore/block depth chart in the Regnum help. Everything seems to increase in quantity the deeper you go. But indeed, i have no idea how far one needs to upgrade the battleaxe before one can mine the colorblocks or gems. (Or what the cloud remover does.) Eventually there are several equipment "trees" - regnum, admin, and the "core" upgrade path. Still have no idea how to get grey coins (or tears) to drop so the other crafting options, etc., can be opened. I am beginning to wonder if some of these things might be broken. Also wondering if, for example, the full armor upgrades are necessary to make advancement work properly incrementally, or can one wait for milestones and catch the armor up then.

Yes, experience is from colorblocks and such. You can sort of see how in the Regnum guide and the relevant crafting grids, some of which you can look at before they are unlocked.

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Post

Yeah, well, with a quick calculation of each of the next four battleaxes requiring 5 lvl 2 diamondblocks... 4 x 5 x 2 x 9 = 360 diamonds. Unless those appear at a much greater density than in normal minetest games, forget about it. At least obsidian can be created from stone and dark matter came from the presents. Even the megablocks can come from leaves, which are much easier to farm.

by 1248 » Post

You can cook coal to get diamonds.
The bug (and many other) with the wool gift will be fixed in Regnum 3.4.0.
You will get Green,Red,Blue,Gray,Yellow.... coins as a reward for reaching a new level.
You have to dig uranium (the green ore) to get green xp and green coins. After this you have the chance to dig the red and blue ore to get red and blue xp and coins. After that there is a way to get grey coins and so on....

It is a realy hard game and I also played it for many many hours but I have never completed it.
The game is complete but I will still fix bugs

goats

by goats » Post

Ahhhhhh. OK. So i will just continue the battleaxe upgrade path until i can mine the green color block type of uranium. I am just never sure if i am upgrading the right tool. I don't expect this type of game to be easily finished. Thanks for all your effort!

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Post

1248 wrote:You can cook coal to get diamonds.
Yeah, I noticed this myself. So, probably the biggest speedbumps are the 45 gold needed for lvl 13 Battleaxe, and then later the 480 (3x32 + 3x64 + 3x64) white and black blocks for levels 47-49.
I also did a bunch of needless digging by not noticing that you can convert the default ingots (and mese and diamonds) to Super Items via "geld" (the green-cyan star thingy, doesn't always show a name), and tried to just use dirt, stone and sand.
1248 wrote:It is a realy hard game and I also played it for many many hours but I have never completed it.
I wouldn't say it's hard. It's slow or long, maybe tedious, but not particularly hard. The hardest part is persisting to get a sufficient battleaxe so you can start collecting exp.
1248 wrote:The game is complete but I will still fix bugs
Trying to craft something that would result in a stack of more than 100 (mese or diamonds to geld, 9x lvl 4 megablocks to cloud) doesn't work; I think you'll need to lower the recipe outputs to 99 or less.
As a note more than a bug, the mods default and moreores both have tin. This is a bit confusing.

Also, I know this is a more of a request than a bug, but really, a "craft all" button (instead of 1 on mouse left-click or 10 on middle button) would make things so much easier...

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Post

Ok, got to Battleaxe lvl 74, and the next one requires the purple Admin blocks. I'm not 100% sure, but if I read the code right, I guessing I need the Lila battleaxe to dig for those, and I only get that at green exp level 100. I'm at 44 right now, so if that's the case, I'm probably leaving this game alone – I really don't feel like grinding through 50 more green exp levels to improve...

Also, how and when do the fox, dragon and turtle generate items? It says "with time", but how long a time?

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Post

Ok, looks like it's possible to mine admin when you need it, so onto the extreeeeemly long cooking series. If I calculated correctly, the total time is 75k seconds, or close to 21h. ([1..25]*200 + 10000)
My current battleaxe level: 97. Current guess for maximum until I give up: around 110. I currently have a bit over 20 titanium, and since 106-115 each require 8, I'm unlikely to get even close to the full 80 before I've cooked it the required amount. Doesn't matter much anyway, since 116 requires a bigger workbench, and I'm at green exp lvl 60, so unlikely to get to that either. (My secondary battleaxe is at lvl 68.)

I did get the mining laser and drill though, but do not understand how to use them. Too bad, was hoping they might've helped in collecting all the stuff...