3%

Total votes: 72

GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.5.7]

by 1248 » Post

robins80 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 00:08
I just downloaded this game and when I try to play, I get kicked out with a connection timed out message. I'm not sure what's happening.
Thanks for downloading my game.
I'm not sure what you mean by "timed out message". I only know timed out messages from joining a server. Do you get any error message or something like "AsyncErr: Failed to bind socket (port already in use?)" ?
If it is a bug, than please post the complete error message.

robins80

by robins80 » Post

1248 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 14:55
robins80 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 00:08
I just downloaded this game and when I try to play, I get kicked out with a connection timed out message. I'm not sure what's happening.
Thanks for downloading my game.
I'm not sure what you mean by "timed out message". I only know timed out messages from joining a server. Do you get any error message or something like "AsyncErr: Failed to bind socket (port already in use?)" ?
If it is a bug, than please post the complete error message.
I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling and everything's working now.

by 1248 » Post

I am happy to announce that Regnum 3.6.0 is almost finished and will be released on time for the 5th anniversary. Originally I had planned to update a lot of mods. But since not much has changed in most of them even after 5 years, I only updated the awards mod and the mobs api.

In addition, you can meet new monsters in the world and get six new awards. So for everyone who has already played the game through: there are six new "small" tasks to do.

Like all new Regnum updates, this one mainly focuses on bugs and small improvements. For example, the /kill command should work as usual again. I also deleted a lot of unnecessary textures. The Nether mod has also left Regnum.

The biggest improvement is that many bugs caused by mobs have been fixed. I've changed a lot about the monsters and animals. That's why I want to set up a temporary server with a beta version of Regnum 3.6.0 today at around 10 a.m. (German time) to test the stability. So please come and feel free to try the new version and help me develop it.

Name of the Server: 1248's Server

The final release will be 6th May 2021.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

this is a spicy Game, set in the world of MINETEST, and has beautiful World Changes, cannot wait to see some outrageous improvement to the Tech Tree Path

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.6.0]

by 1248 » Post

Five years Regnum!!
Regnum 3.6.0 is released. A small note on my last post: I only added two new awards.
You will receive a "Five Years of Regnum" trophy when you join the game, but the next version will be released on 13-06-2019 and then you will not get a trophy anymore.
I will also make a to-do list for future updates.

Attachments
screenshot_20210506_232206.png
screenshot_20210506_232206.png (76.78 KiB) Viewed 3951 times

PEAK
In-game: PEAK

by PEAK » Post

Sometimes the game shuts down with an error:

Code: Select all

...: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'experience' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
...: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
...: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_node'
...: ERROR[Main]: 	...ert/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/experience/Xp1_gruen.lua:306: in function <...ert/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/experience/Xp1_gruen.lua:300>
My MT version: 5.4.1
Regnum:
For Minetest: 5.4.x
Game Version: 3.6.0
(from Content DB)
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).

by 1248 » Post

PEAK wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 17:28
Sometimes the game shuts down with an error:

Code: Select all

...: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'experience' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
...: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
...: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_node'
...: ERROR[Main]: 	...ert/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/experience/Xp1_gruen.lua:306: in function <...ert/.minetest/games/regnum/mods/experience/Xp1_gruen.lua:300>
My MT version: 5.4.1
Regnum:
For Minetest: 5.4.x
Game Version: 3.6.0
(from Content DB)
I hope I fixed it in Regnum 3.6.1

Tim790
GitHub: Tim79000
In-game: Tim7

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.6.1]

by Tim790 » Post

Wanna rewrite regnum?
Yeet.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

there is no reason to re-write It, It already takes place in a beautiful SEED, with forests, and oceans, all It needs now, is technology

Tim790

by Tim790 » Post

But like, a lot of things about Regnum are short of flawed.
Yeet.

Tim790

by Tim790 » Post

Armor is too OP, combat is the focus but it's lack luster, lots of grinding.
Yeet.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Fixing what's broken is almost always a better idea than rewriting. Nerfing armor a bit and tweaking xp/etc gain to reduce the grind should be doable even by a newbie coder. All it would take is someone motivated enough to sit down and do it.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.6.2]

by 1248 » Post

Six years Regnum!!
If you update to 3.6.2 you will recieve a "Six Years of Regnum" trophy.
The next version will be released in a few weeks and will remove this function.
With this version only Minetest 5.5.0 is supported from now on.
Mantar wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 19:35
Fixing what's broken is almost always a better idea than rewriting. Nerfing armor a bit and tweaking xp/etc gain to reduce the grind should be doable even by a newbie coder. All it would take is someone motivated enough to sit down and do it.
You are right. I will not rewrite this Game, but I will try to fix bugs and problems. Nerfing the armor is not that easy, but it is on my to-do list.
Attachments
screenshot_20220506_114138.png
screenshot_20220506_114138.png (40.26 KiB) Viewed 3423 times

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.6.3]

by 1248 » Post

Seven years Regnum!!
If you update to 3.6.3 you will recieve a "Seven Years of Regnum" trophy.
I also had to remove some skins because they didn't have a free license.

Midnight
GitHub: MidnightPhantom
IRC: Dragon
In-game: Dragon_Abysss

by Midnight » Post

man how do you break the blocks from tutorial, cuz they are coming in the way of my mines?

by 1248 » Post

You have to build a battleaxe and upgrade it to dig more ores. You can also dig some of them with a mining drill or a laser gun. You should also read the "Regnum Guide" in your inventory to get some more informations about digging ores and all the tools in my game.

Verlo
In-game: [ThatOneYeet][VerloreneSeele][Verlo][CC]

Re: [Game] Regnum [3.6.5]

by Verlo » Post

Hello! I have a few questions about some of the gameplay aspects of the Regnum Subgame.

First one is gameplay related, it concerns the red/blue ores. According to the guide you require a puprlebattleaxe or a battleaxe lv122 to harvest it. But to get the lv122 battleaxe you need the purplebattaxe lvMAX, but the purplebattleaxe lvMAX requires the lava and water battleaxes, the lava and water battleaxes requires the red and blue ores. This means that is is impossible to actually mine the red and blue ores since you need them for the tools that are used to mine the ores. There is no other stated method that i could find within the Regnum Guide, so if there is infact another method to mine them (or obtain them) I would love to know. (Perhaps it is indicated but i am blind :/ )

My second question is also gameplay related and it concerns the mining drill/laser, i can't seem to find the crafting recipe for them and im not sure how to use the "mining craft" section located within the "crafting" menu located within the regular menu. This also leads me to wonder what the green drill/laser coins do.

My last major question is related to the naming of the keys, i found out by going to creative that the foxkey actually unlocks the "cooking craft" menu, this makes me wonder what the cooking key is for, i did not yet test the dragon key and the tortoise key to find out what they do. I was thinking if you were ever going to change the names. For example if you would change the fox key to "scorching key" or something related to cooking so that it is less confusing.

I do really enjoy the Subgame for the most part and I am very hopeful/exited for future updates.

Edit: Replaced words Modpack with "Subgame" since this is apparently a "Subgame" not a modpack, was unaware of that t'ill now.
You'll Never Take Me Alive!

by 1248 » Post

You can get a purplebattleaxe if you have mined enough uranium to reach green level 100.
On page II. 3. "Xp & Levels" in the Regnum Guide it says that you get a "lila" battleaxe. This is an old name for the purple battleaxe. Since I initially created the game in german, I tried to change all the names at one point in development and I must have missed it.

Are you using version 3.6.3 or 3.6.5? I think I haven't added the latest one to the minetest contentDB yet. I'll do it right away. Two months ago I noticed that you couldn't craft drill lv.1 at all. This should be fixed with 3.6.5. In the craft guide they are called “Special Mining Laser lv.1” and “Special Mining drill lv.1”. Maybe I should choose the names a little more consistent with the Regnum Guide. If you then use your drill or laser gun and 8 green coins in the mining craft, you can improve your drill or laser gun to the next level.

I think I should revise some names in general. I've been planning a major update with many improvements for a long time. Unfortunately I haven't had much time for Minetest lately and when I do I work on my other games.

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

This finally gave me a kick to finish a pull request that I have been working on. It fixes a lot (but not all) of the errors that completely spammed the console. It shouldn't have any effect on the gameplay. Please check it out.
1248 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 03:40
major update with many improvements
One thing I have been thinking about is that it would be nice if some of the functionality in the inventory menu could be split into separate nodes instead of being hidden behind three layers of inventory formspecs. Particularly the custom crafting types, but also maybe to guides.

Another nice thing would be a way to destroy all the high level ores, even if you don't get the drops, just so you can build underground, without them being in the way.

Verlo
In-game: [ThatOneYeet][VerloreneSeele][Verlo][CC]

by Verlo » Post

Thanks
You'll Never Take Me Alive!