[Game] Minesim [2017.05]

Echoes91
In-game: Echoes

[Game] Minesim [2017.05]

by Echoes91 » Post

Minesim
By Echoes

Minesim is a subgame that mainly consist into a slightly tweaked Minetest game plus an addition if slightly tweaked mods. It has a relaxed, realistic oriented approach but there's no aim for hardcore simulation or any other big changes to the standard gameplay. The best way to describe it by now is a reflection of my personal taste.
Spoiler
Spoiler
  • Added my spears
  • Made no_sneak_glitch configurable: set the variable to false in minetest.conf to have your beloved glitch back ;)
  • Updated some other mods
  • Update to the new state of the art: mods that were merged into minetest_game are now at their "merged" version, while all the others have been upgraded to their latest version. The only gameplay change should be the lack of wieldlight from torches, which makes bewaring the dark a little more challenging.
  • Added Ben's Beware the Dark, which is easily managed by walking with a torch in hand but must be minded for other tasks. This is by far the less "realistic" threat, but I felt a lack of challenge.
  • Added tin from Calinou's Moreores with relative recipe for bronze = 2 copper + tin. Removed the default recipe for bronze (copper + steel) that hurts anybody with some background in metallurgy :D
  • Added Jeija's Mesecons!
  • Thirsty is now limited to tier 2 (direct drinking and canteens), no fountain to simplify your life.
  • Added stu's wield3d to show your awesome tool or offer a romantic pixely rose.
For the first release, all of the mods from Minetest game are included with the following tweaks and configurations:
Spoiler
  • Give initial stuff enabled and nerfed down to stone tools plus 10 torches
  • All trees need an axe to be chopped, any material will suit
  • New recipe for mese lamp: mese crystal surrounded by 4 glass (invert material and add glass to the bottom centre)
  • Added reverse recipe from 9 mese fragments to mese cristal
  • TNT enabled also for multiplayer
  • time_speed set to 24, day-night cycle will last 1 hour
For the first release, the following mods not included already in Minetest game are added with respective tweaks:
Spoiler
All code is released under the LGPLv2.1+ licence and all media content under CC BY-SA, unless otherwise specified inside the single mod.
All the credits go to the respective code writers and artwork creators, and a big thank to all of them!

Download ZIP archive
Browse the code
Attachments
screenshot_20160524_184846.png
screenshot_20160524_184846.png (749.57 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
screenshot_20160524_185638.png
screenshot_20160524_185638.png (716.26 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Last edited by Echoes91 on Mon May 22, 2017 20:31, edited 5 times in total.

Echoes91

Re: [Game] Minesim [2016.06]

by Echoes91 » Post

Updated to 2016.06

Now the combination of freedom with bits of realism and challenge should make the game interesting enough to be played.

The next release is likely to include an acceptable logo, an adaptation of my spears and I'm also evaluating some kind of decay for torches.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

why no one answered this?!This is great! you've done a great job here :) I will download!

an idea: add some plant fibre, craftable with grass and leaves or maybe other plants, which could be usezd to craft tools! it would be harder that just putting 2 ingots and 2 stick to get a hoe :)
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I've used this subgame on a small server for some months now. We're very happy with it! I forked it to get rid of bewarethedark and mesecons. I feel they over-complicate the game a bit. For light machinery I'm trying out the wip automation mod.

One thing I've noticed is that stronger axes doesn't reduce the time to chop wood.

Echoes91

by Echoes91 » Post

I'm glad you like it!
I don't know how to help with the axes unfortunately because I did not touch their properties and "choppy" stats, just removed the "breakable_by_hand" ability from trees.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

You should add an item drop mod. your subgame should be default as it's very lite and complete.

Echoes91

by Echoes91 » Post

Long time has passed, the game has moved on and i barely found the time to notice it... time to repair.
By now, the first release of this year will be just an adaptation to the features of 0.4.15, which merged into upstream a lot of nice things and mods, while also upgrading everything else to the latest release.

Life is changing quickly as I'm starting my first real job, but I still hope to come up with some nice new feature someday!

ClaudiusMinimus
GitHub: ClaudiusMinimus
IRC: ClaudiusMinimus
In-game: ClaudiusMinimus

Re: [Game] Minesim [2017.01]

by ClaudiusMinimus » Post

Could make the no_sneak_glitch configurable in the minetest.conf file? I love your game, but I really like the sneak glitch and is a major reason I play Minetest and not Minecraft.

Thank you for your consideration.
CM
ClaudiusMinimus

Follow my blog at: ClaudiusMinimus' Universe
Visit me at the incredible Illuna Universe

Echoes91

Re: [Game] Minesim [2017.01]

by Echoes91 » Post

Update 2017.05 released!
It took quite longer than expected but here it is :)
Sneak glitch is now configurable, set no_sneak_glitch = false in minetest.conf to have it back. Also, spears have been added because hunting cows from the distance is much safer. Check their topic for more info.
Have fun!

azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Game] Minesim [2017.05]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

cool!

Echoes91

Re: [Game] Minesim [EOL]

by Echoes91 » Post

So little time to get used to 0.4.15 and our devs already released 0.4.16, which unbelievably brings even more Minesim features to default!
It's kinda amazing, even if I've no clue whether Minesim has been the source of inspiration, but it's nice to believe it :D
Beside the great new release, what we get actually is a subgame which looks obsolete. I think it does not really make any sense to maintain it without meaningful differences from Minetest_game. So, unless some great idea will come out, I will probably keep the remaining as a modpack, to preserve its feeling and make it easier to create new combinations.
I hope you all had fun and will have more!