[Game] Wynot Subgame [whynot]

gulyone

Re: [Game] Wynot Subgame [whynot]

by gulyone » Post

I'm gifted to find bugs XD when I try software.. it's the whole story of my poor life lol! Unfortunately, i am very good at pascal programming, good at C, C++, but novice at lua

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thank you gulyone for the bug report. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce them. Started the game from command line with

Code: Select all

minetest --config ~/.minetest/minetest.conf.debug --server --world .minetest/worlds/Whynot-Testing
(on Linux, I do not have Windows). Started the gui and connected to the server, disconnected again, nothing undesirable happens.

Code: Select all

2019-08-25 20:40:04: ACTION[Main]: World at [.minetest/worlds/Whynot-Testing]
2019-08-25 20:40:04: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="whynot-git" listening on 0.0.0.0:30001.
2019-08-25 20:40:25: ACTION[Server]: Alex [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2019-08-25 20:40:25: ACTION[Server]: Alex joins game. List of players: Alex
2019-08-25 20:40:25: WARNING[Server]: 3d_armor: Detached armor inventory is nil [set_player_armor]
2019-08-25 20:40:25: WARNING[Server]: 3d_armor: Detached armor inventory is nil [set_player_armor]
2019-08-25 20:40:48: ACTION[Server]: [doc] Wrote player data into .minetest/worlds/Whynot-Testing/doc.mt.
2019-08-25 20:40:48: ACTION[Server]: Alex leaves game. List of players: 
Can you please provide the error message written to the debug.txt file in minetest folder? If unsure, you can delete the file before test and then post the full content after the test.

gulyone

by gulyone » Post

ok Sir, I'm going to copy and paste txt from the dos cmdbox win7 64bits tomorrow. You can install Oracle VirtualBox and a windows inside your nix, if your processor is newer than i3 ;-)

gulyone

by gulyone » Post

sorry i uninstalled great wynot because i found out i can get almost same feeling by mixing 2 mods :

minetest life game
dreambuilder_modpack

however, that installation takes about 3Gb ram, your "whynot" eats about one only Gb AND your work supports perplayer_gamemode which enables or disables creative mode ingame.. that is not possible with MTL game

gulyone

by gulyone » Post

there we go! this zip archive contains 2 txt
1) debug log
2) console output

I'm wondering what is "karstis: DREGME:" continuous flow ? I can't imagine 60 users on my fiber router flooding that console flow together hem

thank you by advance

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hQximV ... sp=sharing

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thank you for the debug infos!

Why I do not get forum notifications anymore from this forum?

It was again an race condition in on_joinplayer implementation.

Now I did some rework unifying all skins related on_joinplayer. @gulyone, can you pls replace the mods 3d_armor, character_creator, clothing and player_api by corresponding mods from https://github.com/bell07/minetest-player_api_modpack I updated now? If the fix works for you, I update the whynot game with the fix.

Norore
GitHub: Norore
IRC: Norore

by Norore » Post

Hi bell07!

I just wanted to thank you for this Subgame!
It is really funny to discover mods with your subgame and I am having a lot of fun from weeks on it!

I just wondered if you plan to implement more decorative mods, like moreblock or not.

Thank you very much for your subgame, it is really funny! Even if I hate those monsters in caves…

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thank you Norore for compliments,

I considered the moreblocks mod some times ago, but decided to not use it. The mod registers a lot of nodes and dies have strange dependencies, like the stairsplus registers stairs for nodes from other mods. Maybe I can reconsider if the mod does fulfill the "Whynot rules" in the meantime, but I do not play minetest anymore, so the game as all my mods are in maintanance-only mode.

If you like moreblocks, feel free to install and use it with whynot. It is possible to use mods on top of games.
Even if I hate those monsters in caves…
Just craft an subspacewalker and dodge through the wall ;-)

Norore

by Norore » Post

Thanks for the advice! I will try it one day! :D

I just had a problem with the craftguide: silicon recipe don't appears, even if I have 3 sand and 1 iron ingot. I found this recipe by looking at the mod list source code. I think I was blocked for a lot of recipes!

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thanks for the bug report. I looked into and created an issue for you https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide/issues/91
I do not think it is a lot of recipes, the minetest.register_alias_force is used only for silicon lump and chainlink steel in Whynot game
Last edited by bell07 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Norore

by Norore » Post

Thank you! You are really reactive, awesome! :)
I will try to post bug report in the future, I still have to take this habit in GitHub!

Edit: one more question. Did you remove some mods? Last week I had unlocked 27 pages of recipes, but today I only have 13! Did I missed something or am I doing something wrong?

Norore

by Norore » Post

Hi bell07!

I hope all is fine for you.

I saw that you are still investigating your subgame, if you need more information, don't hesitate to ask me. I will be happy to be of any help.
I don't know if you saw this, but recipes from abriglass seemed to have disappeared too! Not sure if this is related or if it is usefull for debug.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Currently my time is very limited and the minetest does not have prio since I do not play them anymore.

Seems my craftguide_reveal mod in the game causes the issue. Need some time to look into and fix them.

The Whynot needs an upgrade to released Minetest Game 5.1.0 in the next step, that may is more effort as I have time for the project.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Ok, the silicon recipe is visible for now in crafting guide (twice because homedecor and mesecons do not like each other. I was not able to solve it using clear_craft).

I see Abriglass recipes, but not all Abriglass nodes does have recipe. If any one is missed but defined in code, let me know witch item/node. New recipes proposal please directly to the Abriglass mod.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Updated the Minetest Game mods to 5.1.0 and other mods. Created new release in contentdb for 5.1.0.

Unfortunately the craftguide mod still (or again) have the issue with some recipes like silicon lump.

Other issue findings or improvement proposals still welcome.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Finally fixed the silicon lump issue in craftguide. Pushed update to github and ContentDB

diceLibrarian

by diceLibrarian » Post

woah. the framerate is something else, there is no frame lag, despite how many mods there are installed. good work!

there is one small problem
Farming is borked

there I was, getting intlib out of the main folder so that I could install some of the mods I usually use, I got it out, and then I added them and suddenly, everything broke all around the mod "farming"

... I'll talk to the mod author about the mess that is global intlib ...not intlib's author

bell07

by bell07 » Post

@diceLibrarian
What do you mean with "Farming is borked"?
Which mods do you usually use and does not work with Whynot?
Which Minetest version do you use? I test with current stable 5.1.0

intllib is deprecated and will be removed in feature if all mods are moved to the new translation infrastructure.

macabre222
IRC: Macabre222

by macabre222 » Post

Please tell me how to show all craft-able items from the start.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

@macabre222, there is no setting to disable the progressive mode. You need to remove the mod /mods/libs/craftguide_reveal from the game.

FoolishOwl
GitHub: bgvaughan
IRC: FoolishOwl
In-game: FoolishOwl

by FoolishOwl » Post

Hi, thanks for your work in creating this!

I spent a few hours trying this out, and was generally impressed. But I was puzzled that I couldn't find cotton or cotton seeds. It looked like cotton seeds should be coming from TenPlus1's farming mod that's included, and from what I could make out, I should have a random chance to find cotton seeds in grass. However, I was finding only wheat and oat seeds. Was it bad luck with the random number generator, or does it vary by biome, or is there some other trick to finding cotton?

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

You should be able to get the cotton seeds from jungle grass, instead of from the regular grass. (From my experience in other of MT's games. I haven't tried this game.)
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 18:27
Well, why not?

---
someone had to do this, sorry.
XDDDDDDDD

Duvalon

by Duvalon » Post

Hi!

Just dropping by to say Whynot is by far my favourite game. So much that I think it should replace the default minetest game.

I know this game is more or less in maintenance mode now as you don't have much time to spend on it. But thanks for putting it together. It's provided me countless hours of fun!

bell07

by bell07 » Post

@Duvalon, many thanks for the nice words. You are right, the game is in maintenance mode, just because I do not play minetest anymore. That means I do not consider new mods for whynot criteria.
But if you have new mod candidates of other improvements, feel free to propose, in forum, on github or in contentdb.

I wish the game would be further developed by the community. At this time it is still my private mods collection with scant feedback and proposals by players. Of course all the credits belongs the mods developer that made the game possible