[Game] XaEnvironment 11.5 [xaenvironment]

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.01 [xaenvironment] (POLL)

by AiTechEye » Post

If you are waiting for updates, here is one: the Projectile launcher

It is a half advanced tool/weapon where you can put in yet 5 kinds of the ammunition in the item inventory instead of fill you inventory with them, unlike the most other weapons, especially bows that are kinda hard to handle with different arrows.

place/right click a block to open the inventory, or in air to change "index", it detects items by it self, can't be simpler.
  • Shoots bullets or "projectiles"
  • Have a sharp autoaim mode that aren't effected by grass...
  • No wear
  • Goes straight away
  • Inventory in the item
  • No need to move around stuff in your inventory, just right click instead
Attachments
screenshot_20220922_232757.png
screenshot_20220922_232757.png (311.24 KiB) Viewed 2790 times

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.02 [xaenvironment] (POLL)

by AiTechEye » Post

You probability noted the mobs in the other dimensions has been gone for a while, and this was caused by a wrong calculation by the dimension mod itslef, this is fixed now and the dimensions has their right height, but this means if you placed a teleport door since june this year those dinensions will be wrong or stop generating.
nothing to do about.
just to replace the teleports if you want to keep explore the dimensions.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.02 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

Tim790 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 02:47
I have a cool dimension idea, a dimension with a slime ocean and floating slime islands, maybe a flying slime enemy and cool blocks that are very bouncy?
i made the slime world,
the slime dimension exists from now, there is just 3 kinds of slime blocks and an enemy

chargintarge

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.02 [xaenvironment]

by chargintarge » Post

Upon loading the slime dimension, it seems to be highly laggy. It only happens when I'm close to the "ground" level of the dimension, if I fly above it seems to be okay. This still happens at minimal viewing range.

Any ideas why that is?

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.05 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

it could be that the generator leaves huge holes in the slime, then when those is filled it can be lags like that.
has you experienced others lags exept in the macro dimension, this is cause when the massive trees is ganarating outside a mapchunk, then the log gets spamed with warnings.

I gets randomly really massvie ones that are freezing the screen for 1-2s, i will hunt for that thing soon.

By the way if you like to force mobs to work for you, this is now even easyer.
My intention was to make a "visual pogramming" tool to program the mobs without writing any text, but it didnt work as the planed.
Anyway the programming phone has this feature and let you skip a lot of writing, coping and pasting, it adds the text by it self and other usefull things and also facilitates the bigger project.

The "M" buttons let you move the text line to under another, instead of cut/paste, "-" to remove or "+" to add the text from the manu, position if you pointed a block.
Also the "_" button that fixes indent spaces, so you can make out the code as the screenshot.

in this code i forced a npc to dig grass to me and place in the chest using pathfinding.
Attachments
screenshot_20221019_172937.png
screenshot_20221019_172937.png (521.03 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Wed Oct 19, 2022 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

chargintarge

by chargintarge » Post

Well, the other dimensions load pretty good. If you turn on unlimited view range and look up, you can see the other dimensions floating in the sky if you've been there, and it slows your game down. However, turning off unlimited view range works perfectly fine.

It's only when I get within 100 blocks of the slime dimension floor do I experience lag.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i got a little lag when looking at it as you describe, i have a less then one year old laptop with a somewhat good graphic card, so it is probability a graphic thing,

EDIT: i just fixed all of the 101 warnings on the world startup

chargintarge

by chargintarge » Post

Also, one more thing

When I break the industrial miner with it's arm extended, it causes Minetest to crash.

Is there a way to safely retract the arm so that I can break it?

By the way, great mod, I like the unique feel of it and the physics system.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

chargintarge wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:21
When I break the industrial miner with it's arm extended, it causes Minetest to crash.
it is a bug, I need the error message from the crash to fix it.
cause one more crash with it, copy the last lines of the debug.txt file in the mt folder and post it here.

If i remmeber right you can remove the tubes from it by placing a miner on them and remove again.
I think i borrowed the idea from the factory mod, it is comfortable :)

I was playing with the new bloom shader and the result became water and damage blurr.

To enable it:
You need a mt 5.7.0 dev build or newer.
Enable bloom in the settings.
The singleplayer_bloom in the game settings.
This only works in singleplayer, or all players would see same effect if one was effected.

Note that this is a general shader thing, so it can effect the shader for other games too, but the game should reset it when you shuts down it, if it is still messing start xaenvironment and leave again and it will be reset to default.
Attachments
screenshot_20221020_142815.png
screenshot_20221020_142815.png (802.17 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
screenshot_20221020_142629.png
screenshot_20221020_142629.png (428.59 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Thu Jan 05, 2023 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

by Mr. Rar » Post

I tried out this game. It has a lot of cool stuff but I can't figure out some things so I have a few questions. The game has a help menu but it does not cover very much.

In the inventory, what are backpacks, craftgreed and attributes?

How are the quad, car, air balloon operated? How do you get out of the car without destroying it?

How do you go to other dimensions?

In summary, this game is cool but has a general lack of user friendliness.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

you're right, and the help menu looks terribly now for some reason, cuz im lazy by describing things.

by the way:
1: you can add 4 backpacks on the bk slots, access them directly from the inventory
the greed/bk button let you shift move stuff from/to the bk/craft greed.

2: quads/cars need to be filled / right click with a petrol tank to be drivable
the air baloon need gas from gas tanks.

3: craft portal doors, not that easy to find all the items to craft them

Mr. Rar

by Mr. Rar » Post

Thanks for your answers.

> 1: you can add 4 backpacks on the bk slots, access them directly from the inventory
the greed/bk button let you shift move stuff from/to the bk/craft greed.
So craft greed is actually the craft grid. Why is it named greed?
I guess the backpacks are a way of expanding the inventory. I think it would be nice to allow backpacks to be moved around after items have been added to them. This would be like Shulker boxes in Minecraft I guess.

This still leaves me with one more inventory question: what is the attributes menu?
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i just upgraded the help menu for more answers, just keep asking so i know what to answer in the game :)

yes, you expanding the inventory, before you could only have one backpack, and had to go to a backpack manu, this is way smoother, i could make it move able but there would be high risks that the content could be destroyed by deiferent reasons, not less risk if you die, the stuff in them as they are very safe.

i guess you mean abilities manu, you can buy abillities, like water/lava/damage/darknes/hunger resistens.
you can buy the ? blocks in the store (coin button) and add them in that manu, and pay to fill them

the green one transforms you to a bird when you look up and jump...can also be filled by eating feathers, yumy yumy

Mr. Rar

by Mr. Rar » Post

> i guess you mean abilities manu, you can buy abillities, like water/lava/damage/darknes/hunger resistens.
> you can buy the ? blocks in the store (coin button) and add them in that manu, and pay to fill them
Sorry I miss read it. Having this stuff is very cool but I think they should not be implemented as nodes. Also I think they should be purchased from the Abilities menu directly.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.09 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

I decided to make more furnitures, so since yesterday i made:
18 kinds of armchair and couches (gold, diamond, ruby ...)
a shielf
a fridge (only for food/drinks)
wooden tables parts to be creative with.

Note that the plants/grass will differ from earlier, the weather and the map generation too
Attachments
screenshot_20221111_121322.png
screenshot_20221111_121322.png (426.92 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
screenshot_20221111_114955.png
screenshot_20221111_114955.png (783.71 KiB) Viewed 2339 times

chargintarge

by chargintarge » Post

Hello again,

Quick question about coins as items: how do I use them?

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

eat them...

in the inventory is a coin/skin/red block button you can buy things in there with them.
And in villages & cities usually a shop, in cities, the most common houses is apartments you can rent.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.15 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

There is a new respawn system that will send you anywhere in the world (on ground/earth), so you will simply be lost if you do not has set home or slept in a bed...

If you do not like this, you can disable it in Settings > Content: Games > XaEnvironment > "Respawns anywhere on the world"
Attachments
aaaaa.png
aaaaa.png (12.5 KiB) Viewed 2053 times

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.15 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

what about this?
Attachments
screenshot_20221226_193538.png
screenshot_20221226_193538.png (555.95 KiB) Viewed 2017 times

j0j0n4th4n

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 11.19 [xaenvironment]

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

That are some pretty cool ropes!
Well done =)
cdb_894a100ddd76

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Indeed, well done on the first rope/animal lead implementation I've seen in Minetest. It may not have a cosh curve or look round or any of the special features like I mentioned in feature discussion, but you actually made it work so excellent, well done :) XaEnvironment really seems to use some cutting edge Minetest features.

P.S. I do wish you would learn to write proper commit messages instead of "Add files via upload" :( It's not just for me and others, it's for yourself for later..
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

It isen't hard to make them, the technique was used to the fishing rods 3.5 years ago :)
Idk how i found the math solution cuz i have some trubble with math (short memory) but it works like this below:
As soon this pr is merged it will be even easier and less laggy.
i will try to write messages, no one has asked for it before, and i had no idea there was a need for it :)

Code: Select all

local pos1 = object, pos or something
		local pos2 = object:get_pos()

local vec = {x=pos1.x-pos2.x, y=pos1.y-pos2.y, z=pos1.z-pos2.z}
		local y = math.atan(vec.z/vec.x)
		local z = math.atan(vec.y/math.sqrt(vec.x^2+vec.z^2))
		if pos1.x >= pos2.x then y = y+math.pi end

local distance = vector.distance(pos1,pos2)
		local rope = minetest.add_entity(pos1, "basic_cube")
		rope:set_rotation({x=0,y=y,z=z})
		rope:set_pos({x=pos1.x+(pos2.x-pos1.x)/2,y=pos1.y+(pos2.y-pos1.y)/2,z=pos1.z+(pos2.z-pos1.z)/2})

rope:set_properties({visual_size={x=distance, y=0.03, z=0.03},}) --x = length, y & z = width

if distance  > 10 then -- move object against pos1
			object:set_velocity(vec)
		end

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

I was playing around with the new player lighting effects, how it is looking for you?
You can try it out it with the newest MT 5.7.0 dev builds

Default day
New

Default night
New, now you can even see in night, not dependent of day light to do things

Default from cave
New

Mr. Rar

by Mr. Rar » Post

I am responding to the poll "Do you likes the new lighting?"

I never tested the lightning before so I don't know what's different. I don't like the lightning white hud overlay. For one thing it is not very realistic. The environment should be lit up. You should be able to see more than just white. I don't think that could be done in Minetest but that would be ideal. Also the lightning hud shows up even if you are in a completely enclosed space.

There is also lightning that strikes the ground sometimes. This is pretty good. Only thing I would say is that it might be better to use an upright sprite instead of lightning nodes. The sound effect could be better. I think it should work like the lightning mod: https://content.minetest.net/packages/sofar/lightning/ The lightning mod is also in MCL2.