[Game] XaEnvironment 11.5 [xaenvironment]

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.7 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Yes, i did try that, it just means clicking however many times. I never used the shift-click inventory transfer a lot, but have been doing so recently.

Further on mobs: They stopped generating. I even created a new world and have had no mobs at all running XE 7.6. Is this being developed with 5.3.0-dev / RC?

I also realized that along with pebbles, all the stone spikes disappeared. Not just the ones i mined, but spikes and pebbles in caves i was in partway but hadn't mined yet also disappeared.

Mapgen seems mildly tweaked also?

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.7 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

its no idea to try xe on the dev version yet, cuz those often causing weird bugs that disappear until the release.

i will tell when its ready for it

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.8 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

I made a parkour tutorial need other tutorials?

the buttons in left corner is a mod i made for the tutorial, is toggled off in the mod itself

Edit: fixed no spawning mobs - wrong max height value

goats

by goats » Post

Oh cool, i will definitely check the parkour tut. I had discovered a great way to die is to run too often near stepped nodes or walls. :D

Mob spawns: OK that would explain it. I wondered what was happening, and felt like a cheat while exploring without constant threats. :D

its no idea to try xe on the dev version yet

Fantastic. I tend to lag behind, and have little interest in the bleeding edge unless i was specifically testing a thing.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

new messvie & creepy mobs added: titans

those are extremly dangerours and eats their enimies, even immortal players, the magma and stone version is destroying everything around them.

If you suspect you are near one, just get away from there! those have 2000-3000 HP - nearly impossable to kill without right thngs

dont play with the fire!

Attachments
screenshot_20200628_223530.png
screenshot_20200628_223530.png (458.18 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
screenshot_20200628_223501.png
screenshot_20200628_223501.png (787.97 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
screenshot_20200628_222947.png
screenshot_20200628_222947.png (280.98 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Thanks for the parkour tutorial, the key display is helpful to me for avoiding trouble. :)

The new mob titans look crazy. Also, that was a very quick (and very fine point) update to v8 while i was poking around. (Also makes me regret not capturing 7.7 and 7.8. I don't know why, it's just how i am. :D )

These titans will add yet another layer to the survival-gaming. I have very much enjoyed some of the more... surprising tings to look out for. :D :D (No spoilers from me, though.)

Edit: I still don't know what happened with the disappearing glowing pebbles and stone spikes (from inventory, ones i had placed, and apparently any which existed in caves previously loaded chunks). I had to go to chunks which had not loaded before to find any. I tested importing v7.2 and v7.51 worlds into v7.6 and have not been able to replicate it, which is good!

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.01 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

XaEnvironment 8.01 seems to work with Minetest 5.3.0 release candidate 2the item drops caused lots of crashes, but seems to be fine now, i hope

except this, i was on the beach in yesterday and recorded some sand & gull sounds, and added "heavy" steps sound to the titans: now you can prepare to be terrified.

what would you like to add the game? / things to wish?.

goats

by goats » Post

Here are some dumb things: Glass doors, maybe coloured glass, obsidian glass. Some things to do with the whole dye table system beside dyeing wool nodes. Maybe make it so one can dye "piece of cloth" and make it placeable on floor/wall/ceiling. Alternatively, allow wool to be crafted into a stack of "carpet squares" which would also accept dye as wool or after crafting the "carpet".

I'm not the biggest builder or decorator when it comes to games, but people like these things, they add a bit of colour, and gives the dye table some purpose. (I don't mind wool nodes, but something as thin as the hitbox of jungle grass would be better for a lot of uses.)

Glass doors would be a treat, though. See what's outside before opening a door to death incarnate. :D

Something i haven't seen before: tempered glass. Harder to break, explosion-resistant, whatever.

Also vineyard knives, i never really got the point of these. Now, if they mined snappy but did not mine crumbly, that would make them special. I don't know if that is even a doable thing.

Last thing, i promise. :) The hawks. The hawks act like they are aggro 2 and not aggro 1, attacking anything they see including the player. Wolves like their birds and fish, but even they are not so aggressive. Hawks unrealistically kill you by pecking your armoured ankles 4 times. Really, they are scarier than the new titans. Piranha and pike, sure, i get that, even if they are a bit extreme. (A boat might mitigate them a tiny bit, but i promised i was done with ideas, lol.)

For more creative idea rather than tweaks, i will think about it. Overall the game is a great lot of fun. Nice work on this.

p.s., wow is pyramid stone rough on tools. :D

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

I'm not the biggest builder or decorator when it comes to games
i have same problem, but good that you point it out.
vineyard knives
is made to pick plants and leaves, those can be really fast.

Glass doors - added

hawks reduce 4 damage to 2... and yeah, even all kinds of animals with a beak hurts well the damage was oddly too high.
the hawks like other somewhat aggressive animals that are hungry are attacking everything that could give them food, even players, but still annoying sometimes

just post all your ideas, the most things i added to the game is while testing things or is needed (currently have 22 ideas).
the game becomes better if things are added that people also actually want to be added

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AiTechEye wrote: animals that are hungry are attacking everything that could give them food, even players
Not particulary bright of them...players are not that good as a food source. In contrast to other mobs in the game, they usually come armed. And even if the mob defeats them, they tend to come back! Any truly intelligent mob ought to FLEE from players :-) Only those with some in-built protection (and some rewards the player may be eager to get) might dare to approach :-)

Perhaps a nice hat could help against those overenthusiastic hawks..
A list of my mods can be found here.

goats

by goats » Post

vineyard knives
is made to pick plants and leaves, those can be really fast.
Yes, i use them most for weeding when i think of it. I have always wanted a tool that does not mine soil while mining plants (especially for crops on farming soil, but that is a non-issue in your game).

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 22:24
...players are not that good as a food source.
now they are,.. drops flesh
goats wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 00:51
coloured glass
glass colorable
+ frosted glass
+ obsidian glass

obsidian glass is explosion-resistant

You can now also keep your stuff safe in your inventory without losing them, as long your inventory contains a Insurance.

Attachments
screenshot_20200705_104237.png
screenshot_20200705_104237.png (455.69 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
screenshot_20200705_093616.png
screenshot_20200705_093616.png (374.13 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
screenshot_20200705_090614.png
screenshot_20200705_090614.png (714.97 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.1 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

added "store" - a simpler way to get stuff, if you collecting enough of coins.
you finds the store on the coin button in your inventory, you can get coins from achievements and mobs drops.

the store contains a collection of items that can be messy to make or find, or special items

Attachments
screenshot_20200705_195151.png
screenshot_20200705_195151.png (693.04 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

goats

by goats » Post

Wow, you have added... quite a lot!
Sokomine wrote:
...players are not that good as a food source.
now they are,.. drops flesh
And you know some fish or bird is going to eat it and run away. :D

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

raining and have not much to do :)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

tryout the new plasma cannon
https://youtu.be/LE24k9FWPP4

just hold/use to charge the orb, release to fire it, it can take 1000hp if the orbb is fully charged (a whole battery) and if the mob/player are center of the explosion

Attachments
screenshot_20200709_092714.png
screenshot_20200709_092714.png (698.21 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
screenshot_20200709_092358.png
screenshot_20200709_092358.png (809.48 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
screenshot_20200709_092357.png
screenshot_20200709_092357.png (774.11 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.3 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

finnaly villages!
its more to add, but it works fine
Attachments
sss.png
sss.png (871.39 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.3 [xaenvironment]

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

AiTechEye wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:07
finnaly villages!
really like how they blend into the terrain, like the designs too.
been totally hooked on your game for the past week .
not a clue as to what i am doing but totally absorbed .
this actually feels like a living world, as its well populated from the start,. the survival aspects are spot on . very challanging . i get sucked in and make fatal mistakes and rush to start all over agian, .so have not progressed very far due to having too much fun exploring and figuring stuff out .
only one tiny issue , the iron objects appear almost transparent in chests . really makes it differcult to keep track of them . is it possible to give them a solid black outline to make them show up ?
. apart from that i am utterly hooked and looking forward to exploring it in more depth ,the more i play around the more it grows on me .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.33 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

im glad that you tells with you think, cuz the amount of people that actually are playing it are unknown, i have no idea if there is just 1 person or many that plays it :)

the big different from MTGame as you say is, this game is fully packed with life and things, MTG feels empty, and if you can check how everything works in a guid, and things are easy it becomes borring fast.
iron objects... in chests . really makes it differcult to keep track of them
you're right, i havent thinking about it, but its a cut of the ironblock texture, changed chest background colors instead :)
the more i play around the more it grows
true, its how its made, just look how the achievements (inventory -- > trophy button)
the skilled you becomes, the more fun you can have

a good starter tip is, to make Insurance (carry in inventory to not drop items on death) ... craft a paper with a gold ingot.
and/or a backpack, you wont drop things inside it.

diamonds, uranium and stuff starts from -100, made it harder to go down, instead of digging -1000 as in MTG.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.51 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

like the new mode in the "bows" mod you can place a bow, to toggle and let the bow pick arrows by it self, instead of only the left stack.
this is especially useful in XaE cuz we finds lots of arrows as treasures.

and crabs... be careful.. those pinch in a bunch

Attachments
screenshot_20200821_093230.png
screenshot_20200821_093230.png (564.88 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.52 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Hi there. Long time, no see. :) Just popping in to mention a typo-bug which has existed for some time, possibly since achievements were added, and at least since 8.2. (Although i see you have patched the permafrost_grass entry in mapgen.lua. That one made me a little crazy. :D )

/mods/exaachievements/achievements.lua, line 192
exaachievements.customize(user,"Travler")

This breaks Traveler entirely, so anyone continuing a same game after fixing the typo, and wanting achievements, would need to open players.sqlite and zero any spreading-dirt type achievement, and dig a node of each type again. (Or set Traveler to 1-7 for however many dirt types you have an achievement for, if that's how you roll.)

Still been a pretty awesome game, i highly recommend it. I really need to update to the latest and start a new game.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

Although i see you have patched the permafrost_grass entry in mapgen.lua. That one made me a little crazy. :D
it was working while i added it, but in some way it became changed, just discovered it for some time ago :)
This breaks Traveler entirely, so anyone continuing a same...
/mods/exaachievements/achievements.lua, line 192
exaachievements.customize(user,"Travler")
fixed
wanting achievements, would need to open players.sqlite and zero any spreading-dirt type achievement,
... you can also do /exaach_clear
you can make more money on it too :)

by the way the achievements just gives you coins, nothing else, was meant to happen something special but didn't know what, but there are qblocks, extremly expensive and useless ... yet.

goats

by goats » Post

I just enjoyed the achievements as "concrete goals". Coins... well you can murder 200 bears occupying the same space and make quite a lot very quickly. :D

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

sometimes lots of same mobs spawns at same place, this is a problem, yet, i think i have a solution on it :)

the [!] blocks will be spacial abilities, able in the store / in the inventory, do you have suggestions?
i have 3 ideas, working on 1 of them.

goats

by goats » Post

I thought the blocks looked pretty cool, but honestly, i can't think of any special abilities. Maybe some temporary status effects, like fire resistance, or very long reach for digging/placing.

I have yet to encounter a Titan, so i might have to buy a Core from the shop. But the lava bears are a lot of fun! Those were a surprise. :D

Edit: Maybe a shop special could be an everything-proof chest, in case something spawns in or near enough your home which can burn or explode your stored goods. (Although i would guess steel chests are fireproof.) Or, protector nodes of some limited range which would eliminate griefing.