[Game] XaEnvironment 11.5 [xaenvironment]

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.52 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

i will try to make an everything-proof chest & protected areas, just need to understand how minetests protectsystem works.
but first i need to finish the 2d ability mod, it will be able through the blue [!] block, kinda like https://youtu.be/_G7zimesCXM?t=256

goats

by goats » Post

Well no rush, they were just ideas for special things from a shop.

Protector_redo uses the minetest.is_protected function, if you want to look at that for reference.

OK, is that 2d taken as "second" or "two-dimensional" (or both)? :D :D The blue block is first in the list, so i am thinking that given the video reference, this is strictly indicating "two-dimensional". This would be rather interesting, i expect.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

(Updated screenshot)

You can try the mode now, by granting yourslef the ability2d privilege, hold right mouse button / place on a wall in 1 second to enter the mode.
Right click the wall again to leave or walk to the edge of the wall.

The code is orginaly copied from the mt2d mod, and there is stil much to do, but its enjoyable.

I want to add the [?] block, like the retro mario, and a moving enemy is needed, but what should it be? (done)
Attachments
screenshot_20200920_195042.png
screenshot_20200920_195042.png (314.77 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Wed Sep 23, 2020 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

goats

by goats » Post

All i can say is, "wow". This will be interesting.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.6 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

https://youtu.be/s8Tg_vfBzSg it is working now

2D mode works with the moon dimension, low gravity, skin etc, but for some reason minetest wont refill players breath, this problem is caused by the minetest engine.
Attachments
screenshot_20200923_230203.png
screenshot_20200923_230203.png (417.37 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Sun Sep 27, 2020 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

goats

by goats » Post

This is awesome and hilarious. Is this the main change for the version bump to 8.6x?

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

was meant to be a secret feature, but maybe better to use it as a more general thing, what do you think?
i mean, spending so much time on a thing that barely anyone at all finds?

i'm postpones the "everything-proof chest" & protected areas to the future, its too much math for me right now :)
but if someone need a 100% safe place to store things, its in players backpack, you can put things in portable chests and maxing the storage to 18*32 (576) slots

goats

by goats » Post

Yes, i am sure protection and such are all complex things. An obsidian glass room is always an option as well. They are merely ideas, i didn't have any idea for special abilities as of the type of what you have produced.

Speaking of portable chests, i had noticed how you made them cheaper, given proximity of jungle trees. That one surprised me a while back. :D

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.62 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

Making life easier: craft or buy this block (instead of buying the blue for 10000 coins) and get the ability

https://youtu.be/s8Tg_vfBzSg
Attachments
screenshot_20200927_113633.png
screenshot_20200927_113633.png (471.02 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

goats

by goats » Post

Ah, easier for testing. I was even yet a bit short in my 8.2 game to try it out, and i had forgotten the ability could be granted as a privilege.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

unexpectedly enough, i could setup a working server, i cant keep it on while on night & not home for current security reasons, but just look for XaEnviornment and you will find it sometimes.
Last edited by AiTechEye on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

goats

by goats » Post

That's a cool thing. Personally i have not bothered with servers for a long time since i am limited to a laptop which is even more awful than my desktop. 20 fps is a good showing for me, but servers always drop my framerate. (Which reminds me that i have wondered why the HUD chews up so much framerate, or mods like Unified Inventory. Probably most people never see this, lol.)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i was running a server just to try 2 years ago, but my 50gb internet was too limited, now i usaly have 100, and can add more, i running it on my laptop too, thats the reason i wont run it when i not have control over it.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

So i have been running the server hours every day, and just 1 random person joined and played a few minuts.

there is about 260 more servers that are empty, no reason to keep it up.

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.7 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

I have had no luck with the server, the connection times out before the world finishes loading. That occurred on two or three different days. This was after discovering the hours where it might be operating.

Funny, i had just come to post about it, as i had tried c. 28 hours ago. Don't worry about it, one can always pull the latest code and play if they want to check the development state of the game since the last release.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.75 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

protection mod added, see instructions here or in in game /help

it reminds of areas, but only with 2 commands

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.75 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Wow, that was fast. And a bit of a version increment since last i downloaded a copy. I will have to check this out soon.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.8 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

oceans are now more interesting, and really deep in some places
Attachments
screenshot_20201020_213455.png
screenshot_20201020_213455.png (680.06 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

Just found the error that made items direction goes wrong, so now the items will move as expected, especially with furnaces.

added "out" filter to the filter tubes, just makes tings so much easyer when you can select where the items will go out, instead of just down

Attachments
1.png
1.png (762.19 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

goats

by goats » Post

The ocean additions look really cool. But XaE already pretty much had the most interesting oceans (possibly excluding ocean-based games). :)

Nice work on the fix. I haven't really used any sort of tech in the game yet, so hadn't noticed. That would have been the first sort of tech i would use, though.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.99 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

this oceans can contain atlantis buildings and mini games :)

i using the tech to mine, disassemble items and get lots of resures & coins :)

by the way, the [!] blocks are now finnaly usfull, you can simply buy them for 5000c and put them in this inventory.
pay 100c to add value, the abilities are using the value untill it ends.

UPDATE

the current able abiilites are
no hunger / thirst
immortal
fire/lava resistance
no water drowning
fly as a bird
light in darkness

Attachments
asddsa.png
asddsa.png (520.58 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 8.99 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

There is a lot of tech i just basically do not understand. :) Most often i do not make a lot of effort to understand it as i generally just like exploring to find all the different environments and and things. My "homes" are usually just a hole in the ground or hillside or cliff wall which i expand as needed for storage, working areas, or somewhere to put realm teleports. :D

I still do not imagine any abilities as the game offers quite a lot. But i see you have added some now and edited your post. :)

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

i usually looking for a house that i occupies, and start the life from there :)
ï can make a another video about the tech, how it works.

you can see the special abilities here

goats

by goats » Post

I've just barely used any minetest tech whatsoever - mesecons, technic, pipeworks, digilines - you name it, i've hardly touched it. I simply do not know why i would, for instance, make digtrons and industry to process all of it, or automated farms, autocrafters, nuclear reactors, whatever. What do i do with all of it? In a way, it's like home decor to me, i have no use for it. I might get a bit of joy figuring out some sort of tech at some point, giving myself an arbitrary goal and work at it. But tech isn't the core feature for minetest games that draws me in. It isn't my gig. :D Other people do amazing stuff that they love with it, and that's great. So videos can't hurt, your tech seems to have its own unique spin, any documentation and example will help players. I would watch them for fun, even if i don't end up building much tech ever.

Yeah houses - those villages are great, and i am glad you hadn't gotten rid of the other single houses last i played. Those were cool too. I did actually take a house in a village as a second home, and did a lot of stuff there. Villagers seem to wander off after a bit and never return. :D :D But i am afraid of wooden structures with thin walls. They blow up and burn down. :D I didn't have a problem with the house in the one village, though.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

if you downloaded v9 before this post you should redownload it again, cuz i found and fixed an error in the craftguide, that was hiding buttons, it is fixed and i added the function, "add to craft grid"

it is very usefull if you eg in this case, have lots of things to burn, its burts everything in the chests to you

or here, i found things like petrol tanks, contains lots of iron ingots, so this will disassemble the items, everything that can be disassemble again goes back through the green tube.
it is in this way you gets most resusres.
Attachments
screenshot_20201025_121506.png
screenshot_20201025_121506.png (452.79 KiB) Viewed 2132 times