AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

here is a quick review how the technology works https://youtu.be/wXvbmBWeZwM

goats

by goats » Post

Haha, yes those are exactly the sorts of simple machines i have used occasionally. Keep furnaces fed with fuel and materials. (Er, can you input both in XaE? Have to check.) The automated recycler would certainly save time.

Oh, furnaces: Yeah, your furnaces are already pretty awesome. All those slots...

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i have been testing alot by making ingame controlled mobs, you can also make ai
https://youtu.be/wfiQUcxAKxA

goats

by goats » Post

OK, wow.

lectrode

by lectrode » Post

I recently started using minetest and found this mod collection. It looks very cool so far and is something I could see myself and friends enjoying.

There's been one particularly annoying issue I've been battling. I can't seem to figure out how to refill my thirst. I've done just about everything I can think of in and around various bodies of water, including:
* swimming
* going underwater and staying still
* punching a water source block (from any angle, including while swimming underwater)

I also can't refill a "liquid storable metal bottle", nor a "liquid storable bottle".

This is on a fresh install of Minetest 5.3.0 with a fresh ".minetest" folder. No other mods are installed.

Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:
Please disregard. I was attempting to drink ocean water...which is probably salty. Rainwater works well in the barrel you mentioned.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

lectrode wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 07:17
I recently started using minetest and found this mod collection. It looks very cool so far and is something I could see myself and friends enjoying.

There's been one particularly annoying issue I've been battling. I can't seem to figure out how to refill my thirst. I've done just about everything I can think of in and around various bodies of water, including:
* swimming
* going underwater and staying still
* punching a water source block (from any angle, including while swimming underwater)

I also can't refill a "liquid storable metal bottle", nor a "liquid storable bottle".

This is on a fresh install of Minetest 5.3.0 with a fresh ".minetest" folder. No other mods are installed.

Am I missing something obvious?
Hello,
welcome to MineTest. MineTest is an free (open source) voxel game engine somewhat inspired by the MineCraft and Infiniminer engines, written in C++, it uses Irrlicht for its rendering library and is licensed under LGPL v2.1. Many people like MineTest. MineTest has many contributors. I found out about Minetest for the first time in late 2013.

This game (XaEnvironment) is very good, I played it for the first time when it was at version 3. I had the same problem. You have to drink either water from a rain barrel or from a freshwater aquifer such as a lake, under any condition shall you not attempt to drink ocean water! It is salty and you cannot drink it!

I recommend finding a lake or pond with freshwater in it.

Sincerely,
MHL
Last edited by MCL on Fri Dec 04, 2020 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

lectrode

by lectrode » Post

MHL wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 15:29
Hello,
welcome to MineTest.
Thank you. The fact that it's open-source is one of the things that has drawn me to it over the last few weeks. Thank you for the advice.

Another minor question: the package page still exists, but it no longer appears in content db when searching for it. Was it intentionally unlisted? Or is that an automatic process if something changes in minetest to make it incompatible?

goats

by goats » Post

lectrode :
You can always go to the first post in the topic for the links and try any latest release or development version of XaE from https://github.com/AiTechEye/xaenvironment and manually install regardless.

No clue why there is no package in CDB or why the last release is listed as v7. Could be a CDB issue.
Just FYI, if you search CDB via the game engine, it does do version checking, though, and won't offer incompatible content if you are using an older engine version, or possibly development versions.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

package page still exists, but it no longer appears in content db
it has been same for for months, and when i checked it today the labels "Warning: Forum topic is in WIP section, make sure package meets playability standards" and "Please wait for the package to be approved" show up.

it happening since rubenwardy commented about Broken mod.conf.. was a missing ","

by the way, i working on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8yven1HXs
and trying to make it stable, not as easy as it looks like. then i want to use this on mobs & players too

goats

by goats » Post

Wow that's better than ever before. Oddly, i was just trying again recently to use water flow, which is just generally awful. I can imagine how not-easy it is to get this to happen when the engine itself really doesn't want to let it work. :D :D

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.2 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

This is the second time i was trying, and it was hard :)
The secret is, look for a lower water flow if it exists (y -1) if not, folowing the nearest lower param (current -1), when there comes any other number just keep same velocity

https://github.com/AiTechEye/xaenvironm ... #L124-L157

items/mobs & players can folow water flows now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uCQEYNOJU

goats

by goats » Post

Miceclone 2 really needs this. :D

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

making superfast minecarts https://youtu.be/8psbd3GViPU

now i need you all, your ideas to make this mod more usefull & fun

goats

by goats » Post

I don't really have an idea at the moment, but i did mention your water pressure code in mcl2 thread, and LMD said there was better code for this. viewtopic.php?p=385389#p385389 I don't know if it works for your needs or not but maybe it helps?

I need to play the latest release or master and see if it inspires any thoughts.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i think the current code are fine

i made the super stunt cart more stabile, so now it reached 1200 blocks/s before it tracked out.

there is an anti track out break that slows down its speed when it lags too much, in my case it could reach 680 with this, but even you like speed, this is hurrible, everything is just flashing but meets my requirements for a supercart :D

still no craft recipe cuz its not ready yet, but can be gotten from creative manu
not finished yet

Attachments
screenshot_20201213_212317.png
screenshot_20201213_212317.png (115.16 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

goats

by goats » Post

Haha, i think the quads are scary enough. :D

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.3 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

The mod are almost done, you can throw items into it, carts have a 100 slots inventory, right click it drop those.

if you already used it and noted some mess with the rails i discovered an error that was registering wrong rail name and results in wrong function call.
to fix this after updating, simply replace the colored rails or delete "exacarts" from the world\mod_storage folder

the carts are reading the rails from the memory where rails are added instead of reading from the map, this makes the carts able to move in maximum speed with good precision.

review: https://youtu.be/XRZISdFauhg

Attachments
screenshot_20201219_111524.png
screenshot_20201219_111524.png (67.37 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i just added torpedoes, aim on a mob and use, like a gun. so now we can finally in a effective way kill annoying fishes.

V9.3 and newer works for mt 5.4 and newer, the new player velocity method is the thing that are messing.

would you like a tempoary v9.3 for mt 5.3?
Attachments
screenshot_20201226_154942.png
screenshot_20201226_154942.png (885.6 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

goats

by goats » Post

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm fine with using a dev build 5.4. seems a lot of trouble to backport it

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.35 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

now its too much is done, and there is no reason to backport it.

Note that its a new mobs handler, due the new on_deactivate that let us in a easy way have 100% control of all mobs, noone of them can sneak away from the active list register (wanted this for years).
And this prevent too many mobs spawns at same time, or too many of same types, spawning of same type is limited to 20.

This happend me a frew times, in somehow discovered atleast 200 wolves or bears in a bunch, or like overflowed oceans of fishes.
Attachments
screenshot_20210103_132405.png
screenshot_20210103_132405.png (665.67 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
screenshot_20210103_132606.png
screenshot_20210103_132606.png (223.93 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.31 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Haha! Yes, that is an excellent development. Seems you have an interesting implementation.

And yeah, 200 bears or so occupying same space, and there were yet other clusters. :)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

Good news to everyone that likes to fly as a bird, now you can also eat feathers to refill the ability, but it only works when you own the ability (a green [!] cube in the special storage).

The player will eat the full stack in the hand, instead of 1 by 1.

Another interesting thing is the new unranium armor, approximately strong as the steel armor, but looks different.
But whith its gloves you can do secondary_use / right click with bare hand in the air and a litle unranium impulse will hurt all enimies around you, this feature is unlimeted as long you keep them on.
There is not a good reason to take them off again!

Attachments
1.png
1.png (491.11 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Fri Jan 08, 2021 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

goats

by goats » Post

Hooray for special cubes! :D

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.399 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

the map mod are soon finished, is in the game, but hidden cuz it causing lags in players inventory.

If you want to test it, you can give your self a map:workbench and put paper & dye to make one.

It updates, it can take minutes before you see changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTfY_V8Hvlw

Attachments
screenshot_20210112_153855.png
screenshot_20210112_153855.png (198.02 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 9.4 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

The map mod are now fully working.
To make: make a map workbench, put in paper & dye & press the arrow button.
You can also lock the map - disable updating, usefull to eg making a treasure map or something secret.
This also making you can wear other items in your hand, because the item do not need to save the updates.
The map will also move down/up depend on how you are looking, like the mc version :)

Attachments
d.png
d.png (243.2 KiB) Viewed 2836 times