[Game] Repixture [3.12.1]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 1.5.0 released! Version 1.5.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.5.0 released! Version 1.5.1 released!

Hello, after a long time there's a bigger release this time. I was bored and decided to improve the player skin support. Instead of having only a choice between 2 skins, now you will be able to select your eyes, skin, clothing color, trousers color, hair style and color in any combination in your inventory menu. There are 12960 possible combinations.

New players will start with a completely random skin. Old players will keep their skin until they change it.

Full changelog:
  • Add advanced skin selector (custom skin, eyes, clothing color, trousers color, hair)
  • Remove gender
  • Change NPC skins, add 4 new ones
  • Press the punch key while holding armor to equip it
  • Villagers no longer eat your food, they slowly heal themselves instead
  • Add a few more dialogues when showing items to villagers
  • Add sounds: Parachute, armor
  • Add mob eating sound and effect
  • Prevent weather from changing too rapidly (previously the weather could theoretically change after every globalstep, although unlikely)
  • Fix various deprecation warnings that recent Minetest versions like to complain about
  • Bugfix: Mineturtle was tameable somehow
  • Bugfix: Mob got buried in when it grows into adult
  • Bugfix: Sheep could activate Love Mode just from eating grass
  • Bugfix: West and East was flipped for Compass

Jackknife

Re: [Game] Repixture [1.5.1]

by Jackknife » Post

I downloaded it onto my laptop and for whatever reason it crashed the game and the Minetest engine was exited out of suddenly. What could be the reason for it to do something like that?

Edit:

For some reason it’s working fine at the moment.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [1.5.1]

by Wuzzy » Post

If it happens again, I would like to see your log file (debug.txt in your Minetest data/install directory). Without this file, I can't say what caused the crash, there are a billion possible reasons.

Wuzzy

Version 1.5.2!

by Wuzzy » Post

A new bugfix release is here, version 1.5.2. These are the changes:
  • Fix losing your water when trying to place a water bucket (or similar) somewhere where you can't place water into (e.g. into a fence or stair)
  • Fix ugly black spots on leaves in Simple Leaves mode
  • Crafting now gives you 2 slabs instead of 1*
* = This is done for consistency. Because you can create a full block by placing 2 slabs on top of each other.

Jackknife

Re: [Game] Repixture [1.5.3]

by Jackknife » Post

What's new in the 1.5.3 update?

Wuzzy

Version 1.5.3

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.5.3 is a very small update that adds a few more speeches of villagers (regarding torches). It also no longer enforces the mapgen flags (settings) like caverns, rivers, etc.
That’s it.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

Okay

Wuzzy

BIG NEWS: Major Repixture restructuring upcoming

by Wuzzy » Post

Hi!
I have started to restructure the entire mod structure of this game by renaming almost all of the mods to avoid possible naming collisions. Especially the "default" mod raises complaints.
With a few exceptions, I added a "rp_" prefix to almost all mod names. I believe I tried my best to ensure backwards-compability, so if you load the world again in the new version, it should work smoothly.

But to be sure nothing breaks, I am releasing a TEST VERSION for the upcoming version 2.0.0, which you can download here:

https://repo.or.cz/Pixture/pixture_revi ... 8fda33.zip

Please backup your world before using this, just in case.
Although I think I got the backwards-compability right, I want to be extra sure. I also will do a bit of my own testing, of course.
I want to know if this update works for you, or if you find any bugs.

If this update seems stable for one week or so, I will release version 2.0.0. Note this version sounds more exciting than it actually is, as there are no new features.

COMPABILITY NOTES:
- As far I know, worlds should be backwards-compatible already, so you should not experience ANY changes after the update
- Mod compability WILL break (hence the big version number jump). Mods that depend on Repixture need to adapt to the new mod names (As far I know, there are only a few few Repixture mods so far anyway, so I think this is OK)
- Programmer's note: I only renamed the mods, but I did not rename the tables, so porting your mod should be simple. Please ask me if any questions remain

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Test Version number 2 is out:

https://repo.or.cz/Pixture/pixture_revi ... 8f486b.zip

Please download this version now for testing (backup your world first!). Read the previous post for details.

As per a suggestion of fellow community members, I restructured the rp_default mod to split off some parts into indivudal mods:

Node sounds: rp_sounds
Formspec API: rp_formspec
Player model: rp_player
HUD: rp_hud

Hugues Ross
Developer
GitHub: Df458

by Hugues Ross » Post

Did a quick check, can't speak to how existing worlds will fare but as for my stuff:
  • RPG16 works out of the box, no changes needed (makes sense, since texture names appear to be unchanged)
  • Cartographer needed a couple of tweaks to use rp_ as a prefix, but it was pretty trivial and I've got the mod ready to update when 2.0 is released

Wuzzy

Version 2.0.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Repixture version 2.0.0 has been released!

This is a major technical update. There are no features or bugfixes. It renamed mods, mostly, to avoid naming collisions.

Any mods that depended on this game need to be updated because mods were renamed.

For players, nothing will change (hopefully), except the order of items in the Creative inventory. If something else does change, that’s a bug (please report it)!

The changelog is mostly interesting for developers only:
  • With a few exceptions, all the mods were renamed. These are the NEW mod names by having a “rp_” prefix being added to the old name:
    • rp_achievements
    • rp_ambiance
    • rp_armor
    • rp_bed
    • rp_book
    • rp_builtin_item
    • rp_crafting
    • rp_creative
    • rp_door
    • rp_drop_items_on_die
    • rp_farming
    • rp_formspec
    • rp_give_initial
    • rp_gold
    • rp_goodies
    • rp_headbars
    • rp_hunger
    • rp_item_drop
    • rp_jewels
    • rp_locks
    • rp_lumien
    • rp_music
    • rp_nav
    • rp_partialblocks
    • rp_player_effects
    • rp_player_skins
    • rp_privs
    • rp_testing
    • rp_tnt
    • rp_util
    • rp_vignette
    • rp_village
    • rp_weather
    • rp_wieldhand
    • rp_wielditem
  • The "default" mod was split into:
    • rp_formspec: Formspec API
    • rp_hud: Heads-Up Display
    • rp_sounds: Node sounds
    • rp_player: Player model
    • rp_default: Everything else that was’t split off into the 4 mods above
  • The undocumented "write_name" function that was used by some container nodes has been disabled

Wuzzy

Version 2.1.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 2.1.0 released! This is a content and bugfix release.
  • Changelog:

Additions:
    • Add Oak Sign, Birch Sign
    • Add Oak Door, Birch Door
    • Add Copper Block, Tin Block, Gold Block (+ stair, slab)
    • Add Sandstone Slab/Stair
    • Add Dry Bush Sapling
    • Add Magnocompass. Use a compass on a magnetic block (currently only wrought iron) to get it. It will point to the coordinates of that block (even after it was removed)
    • Use the magnocompass on wool or cotton bale to demagnetize it
    • Add sounds: Mob capturing, new cricket sound, fertilize, ignite torch
    • Add achievements icons
    • Make a couple of settings visible in the Minetest menu
    Changes:
    • Item magnet radius increased
    • Items will now be instantly collected. The frustrating delay is gone. Exception: When a player dropped the item, there’s still a brief delay
    • Placing a sign on the floor or ceiling will now make it face the right way
    • Mineturtle explosion now emits particles
    • Fences now connect with wood and trees
    • Fence selection boxes changed
    • True Navigator achievement condition changed
    • Can craft metal and coal stairs and slabs back to lumps/ingots
    • Make various wooden items and other items usable as furnace fuel
    • Ores can now be smelted in the furnace
    • Improve the annoying rightclick/placement handling for signs, saplings, seeds
    • Sort the crafting guide alphabetically
    • Dry leaves now drop dry bush saplings sometimes
    • Saplings now require a bit of space above them to grow
    • Mapgen: Grass/fern/flower no longer awkwardly replaces bush leaves
    • Mapgen: Some dry bushes became lush bushes
    • Mapgen: In some worlds, villages now use oak or birch doors
    Bugfixes:
    • Fix massive warning spam that sometimes occurred when villages were generated, potentially fixing some deep village bugs
    • Explosions did not harm mobs
    • Nodes did not properly detach after explosion (floating torches, etc.)
    • Fix village orchard sometimes having wrong tree trunks
    • Compass did not point to the North (my previous bugfix was wrong)
    • Re-add the missing jewel trades
    • TNT is no longer a fuel
    • Fix item entities not rotating after players went away and then returned
    • Fix range of hand in Creative mode being too low
    • give_initial_items now ignores unknown items, if they were specified in the setting
    Debugging / development features:
    • Growth tool: Special Tool for Creative Mode only, makes plants (especially saplings) grow instantly
    • For debugging/testing: /villages command: Shows list of generated villages
    • For debugging/testing: /find_village command: Shows nearest generated village

Wuzzy

Version 3.0.0 released! “The Big Biome Update!”

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.0.0 released! The Big Biome Update!

Time for a BIG update! Today, I am proud to release version 3.0.0 of Repixture. This version is nicknamed “The Big Biome Update” because it is a major rework of all the biomes. This achieves a goal that I wanted to reach a long time ago.
The relatively rare birch and especially oak wood is more common now since they got their own forests.
The swamp biome got a MASSIVE update, with 5 variants, including a less common "highland" version, which are mostly identical to the normal swamps, but they reach higher.
There are a few shrubbery biomes, existing trees have been tweaked slightly.
There are also a few variants of that one biome with the dry dirt, as well as a couple of surprise biomes.

The Desert biome was removed because it is just too strong a contrast to every other biome. Repixture is focused on a temperate climate zone, rather than all climate zones of the world. This means, no longer free cactus, but if you're very lucky, a villager might trade you one. :-)

Because I like the swamp, the Reed Block has been added. This is crafted from 9 papyrus + 3 swamp grass which means swamp grass finally has its first unique use (something which KaadmY wanted to do). You can "cook" it in the furnace to get dry reed, which is great to build a nice reed roof, which fits nicely in the swampland.

A little warning: Although it is tempting, please do NOT fly mindlessly through the world after you just updated. You don't want to ruin the excitement of discovering a new biome "legitimately". :-)

Important compatibility note
However, there's a catch: If you load this version in an existing world, you might notice biome discontinuities when you explore new areas. This looks weird but otherwise won't break the game. There will be NO discontinuity in the terrain shape itself, however.
If you want to prevent this, check out the README file before loading Repixture. However, if you do this, you will also play with OLD biomes. You can always start a new world, however.
Getting the biomes (more or less) right was a lot of work, so I hope I never need to touch the biome points again.

Changelog

Biome changes:
  • Complete reorganization of biomes
  • Many new biomes: More swamp variants, swamp highlands, birch forests, wooded dryland, rocky dryland, shrubbery, poplar plains, and more
  • Desert biome removed (it just doesn't fit well with the other biomes)
  • Change oak tree shape in the wilderness biome
  • Much more vegetation in the swamp
  • Add riverbeds to all biomes (for 'valleys' mapgen)
  • Alternate between dry and normal bushes in some biomes
  • Some apple trees might bear less than 4 apples
  • Add papyrus to Marsh biome
  • Add large apple tree to Orchard
  • Marsh biome now can generate 1 node higher
  • Some biomes might now have natural wheat and cotton plants
Mapgen changes (other):
  • Sand and gravel might now generate in stone
  • Dirt, swamp dirt and dry dirt might now generate in stone (biome-dependent)
  • Villages now only have the normal dirt path, not the glowing one
  • Improve and add some slight randomization to a few trees
Biology changes:
  • Thistle slowly grows
  • Fern and flower spread (very slowly)
  • Fertilizer now has an effect on: Thistle, papyrus, fern, flower, cactus (increased growth/spread)
  • Fertilizer now has an effect on: Sapling (faster growth)
  • Thistle, papyrus and cactus grow to different maximum heights depending on the dirt type and fertilization
  • Saplings now grow to different trees differently depending on the dirt
Villager changes:
  • Add many new possible villager trades
  • Add many more villager reaction texts for items
  • The blacksmith now might tell you about fuel times and cookable items
Bugfixes:
  • Fix mineturtle disappearing when trying to explode if TNT was disabled
  • Remove broken 'Master Jeweler' achievement
  • Saturation (i.e. how much player is sated) was not reset when player died
  • Fix bad/inconsistent skin update when selecting random skin
  • Fix flower texture being flipped when viewed from below
  • Add missing torch placement sound
  • Fix bucket always turning into (normal) water bucket when stacked
  • Fix weak wall torch becoming into a broken torch when burning out
  • Fix players not respawning to bed if server was restarted before
  • Fix various other bed-related bugs (bed bugs. heh)

General changes:
  • Add reed block (crafted with papyrus and swamp grass) (+slab, +stair)
  • Add dried reed block (when cooking reed block in furnace) (+slab, +stair)
  • Add and replace main menu backgrounds (now 11 backgrounds total)
  • Growth tool is now non-stackable
  • Color of flowing water and water source now properly match (all water types)
  • Improve rightclick/placement handler of many nodes to be more intuitive/consistent
  • Players slowly regenerate health "for free" if hunger is disabled
  • Set fall damage modifier for "Swamp Dirt with Swamp Grass" to -10% (consistent with Swamp Dirt)
  • Clams have a chance to drop pearls again (but not after you placed them)
  • Improve torch placement (less annoying when placing on plants)
  • Increase sign text length limit from 64 to 500 characters
  • Set focus of sign to text field
Last edited by Wuzzy on Thu May 19, 2022 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.0.0]

by DOOM_possum » Post

hmm interesting take on re-pixture, It was a hot Game back in the day (with many opportunity for good MOD practices)

as of now, It looks like and seems a never-ending World, and with the overhaul MOD, It brings fresh new life

Wuzzy

Version 3.0.1 released! And a new Git hoster

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.0.1 released!
I made a boo-boo! Turns out I made a faulty release with version 3.0.0, so some of the features I announced before were missing. This version fixes my clumsy release. Please update if you downloaded version 3.0.0 already. Thanks. xD

In other news, I'm very happy to announce Repixture has moved to a new Git hoster!

Repixture moves to Codeberg

Effective immediately, Repixture's ONLY official Git repository is on https://codeberg.org/Wuzzy/Repixture

Repixture also finally has an official bug tracker. You can find it here:

https://codeberg.org/Wuzzy/Repixture/issues

If you find a bug, please post it there (this requires you to register an account on www.codeberg.org). For feature requests/discussions, please use the forums, thanks.

(The old hoster was repo.or.cz by the way, which works fine as long you ONLY care about the raw Git hosting, not about a shiny web interface or bugtracking. This has changed now. This game becomes bigger, so bugtracking will be important. Fun fact: The whole migration took me a whopping … less than 10 minutes)
hmm interesting take on re-pixture, It was a hot Game back in the day (with many opportunity for good MOD practices)

as of now, It looks like and seems a never-ending World, and with the overhaul MOD, It brings fresh new life
Hehe, thanks. After I did the massive technical reorganization stuff, I suddenly became interested in actually working on gameplay. For a long time, Repixture was only meant as a literal revival of Pixture to make it work on Minetest 5.0.0, without adding on gameplay. However, now I think this could become something bigger … I still like the simplicity. I think the direction I want to take for the future of Repixture is to not increase the complexity, but expand the depth instead. The new biomes were an obvious first step, but I have other ideas. Ideally, Repixture would be the go-to game for people who are new to Minetest, while still remaining interesting for long-time players. On the other hand, I do not want to go to very high levels of complexity as with MineClone 2.

But this game is not a mod, it's a game. :P

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.0.1]

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm very happy to hear that you made the switch to a more user-friendly git host. I've always wanted to keep track of your projects, but the other platform's Web interface was just too unintuitive. Kudos on the smooth migration!

Wuzzy

Version 3.1.0 released! Version 3.1.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.1.0 released!
Version 3.1.1 released!

Nicknamed: "The Acorn Update". Because it adds the acorn. You can find occasionally in oak forests, grow it from oak saplings and eat it for 1 food point. Oak forests can be quite large, so having a non-meat food available in this place makes sense. :-)

Apart from the acorns, this is mostly a cleanup/bugfix release. I have fixed a lot of bugs, and Repixture is now down to only 3 known bugs. If you can still find any bug in this game, no matter if big or small, please let me know! Official list of bugs: https://codeberg.org/Wuzzy/Repixture/is ... assignee=0

Changelog:

Changes/additions:
  • Added acorn in oak forests
  • Oak sapling can now grow to an oak with acorns
  • Removed apples from oak forests
  • Fall damage on beds is now reduced by 15%
  • Growth Tool also works on dirt and swamp dirt
  • Move items in trading slots back to player inventory when closing the trading menu
  • Beds: If player would respawn in a solid or dangerous block, the player respawns at a default location instead, but they also lose their respawn point
  • Beds: Prevent sleeping underwater or in blocks that hurt you
  • Beds: Force player to wake up when hurt
  • Players who left the server with the parachute will now rejoin with the parachute attached instead of falling to their doom
  • No longer create the rare 'grass with footsteps' block and hide it from Creative
  • Cooking lumien ore gives a lumien block instead of a lumien crystal
  • Villages with 1 well only are gone. They have become villages with 1 house only.
  • Villages can now appear in 2 more biomes
Bugfixes:
  • Remove tabs from various menus like chest, furnace, trading menu, etc. (because they were buggy)
  • Fix crash when creative tool is dropped
  • Remove some broken smelting recipes related to metal blocks
  • Fix item magnet misbehaving when multiple players were close to item
  • Fix players possibly repsawning in solid blocks when their bed repspawn position has been filled with blocks
  • Fix broken physics when punching a sleeping player
  • Fix players sometimes facing the wrong way when lying in bed
  • Fix buggy respawn if player died in their sleep
  • Fix poor/laggy behavior of the UI when quickly moving through the crafting guide entries
  • Fix villages generating too close to each other or overlapping
For developers:
  • Add/improve documentation for Repixture in general
  • Add documentation for groups
  • Add documentation for rp_achievements, rp_crafting, rp_player_effects, rp_door

Wuzzy

Version 3.2.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.2.0 released!

Version 3.2.1 released! "The Underwater Update"

Version 3.2.1 is nicknamed "The Underwater Update" because it adds some nice underwater decorations like seagrass and algae. Additional, villagers now offer multiple trades at once. Also there are more player skin options. There are now 64,064,520 possible combinations (previously: 12,960).

Seagrass comes in 2 heights (tall or normal) and is a common plant you will find in large numbers underwater. It counts as a "green grass" and can therefore be crafted to fiber.
Algae are vertical plants. You can stack them on top of each other to create larger plants, but the height is limited depending on the surface block. You can craft algae blocks from them. Algae blocks are a bit slippery. Algae also grow on algae blocks.

Aquatic plants only survive in water. They will eventually decay when not in water.
Currently, aquatic plants to not spread and don't grow naturally, so you have to find everything in the world naturally.

Changelog:
  • Added seagrass, tall seagrass and algae that grow in the water
  • Added slippery algae blocks
  • Decorated the underwater area with seagrass, algae, rocks and sand and gravel blobs
  • If you place a path slab on top of another path slab, you get a full path slab
  • Items in Creative Inventory are re-ordered in a more logical way
  • If you put an acorn or apple on the floor, it actually will be in the floor instead of floating
  • Player skins: Headband, wristbands and shoes are now individually selectable
  • Player skins: Hair, headband and wristbands can now be empty
  • Villagers now offer 4 trades at once instead of 1
  • Trading: Cheaper beds, nerfed gold-for-jewel trade of farmer
  • Particles appear when leaves or algae decay
  • Fix item drop position being slightly off
Technical changes:
  • Renamed "Ocean" biomes to "Underwater" biomes
  • Document mods: rp_bed, rp_hunger
  • Remove creative.is_enabled_for (use minetest.is_creative_enabled instead)

Jackknife

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.2.1]

by Jackknife » Post

I've tried adding the anvil mod into the game, but I've run into a minor problem.
Since the last couple updates, the default folder was changed to rp_default and I thought
I could just adjust the code, but it still doesn't work.
It's no big deal, I probably can figure it out, it's just a matter of time.
Also, why does burning tree logs only give you coal instead of charcoal, the coal gotten
from the logs doesn't let you stack it onto the same slot as the regular coal?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Huh, that's strange, coal should always be stackable. I don't have this bug on my side.

Can you provide me a list of steps you did before the bug happened? If yes, please tell me! That would be helpful.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 00:35
Huh, that's strange, coal should always be stackable. I don't have this bug on my side.

Can you provide me a list of steps you did before the bug happened? If yes, please tell me! That would be helpful.
Never mind, the world I was playing on was made with an older version of Repixture.
It works fine when I tried it in a new world.

Wuzzy

Version 3.3.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.3.0 is released today! Nicknamed “The Miner’s update”. There are a lot of different things here, but the most important change is that pickaxes have been massively buffed. The digging speed is significantly increased. This (hopefully) addresses a long-standing complaint about this game.

Another noteworthy change are hanging vines which are climbable plants which can be found in most (but not all) biomes hanging from dirt or stone. These are a great alternative to ropes, but unlike ropes, they must always be suspended.

Changelog:

Mining gameplay:
  • Increase dig speed of pickaxes by 100% or more
  • Oak tree can be dug faster
  • Slightly decrease steel shears dig speed
Other gameplay:
  • Add hanging vines
  • New achievements: Gourmet, Explorer
  • Achievements removed: Drain the Swamp, Gardener, Dry Lands
  • Safer spawning; chance to spawn into a dangerous place (mid-air, thistle) is now much, much lower (initial spawn only)
  • Sea grass and normal grass can grow when fertilized
  • Fully-grown cotton plant is now considered unmagnetic (for compass)
  • Removed "Dirt with Grass and Footsteps"
  • Cactus grows on dry dirt as well
Dropped items:
  • Slide on slippery blocks
  • Get pushed out of solid blocks
  • Multiple item stacks of the same type on the ground now merge to become one
Mapgen:
  • Hanging sand and gravel becomes sandstone and stone, respectively
  • Vines added
Misc. features:
  • Burning TNT emits smoke
  • Achievement message is shown to achiever only
  • Setting added to show achievement message to everyone again

Bugfixes:
  • Fix crash if mob dies to node damage
  • Removed particles when apple or acorn "decays"
  • Fix mapgen sometimes generating floating grass
  • Fix random naked dirt patches appearing randomly on surface sometimes
  • Seagrass could sometimes not be fertilized properly
  • Fix swamp dirt never regrowing grass cover
  • Fix incorrect farming plant stage in farming plant item tooltip
  • Fix infotext of locked chest sometimes being untranslated
  • Fix dig time of jeweled tools sometimes going below 0
  • Fix alga block not being slippery if an alga grows on it
Technical notes:
  • Achievements now support sub-conditions
  • Village Spawner was changed from a node to a tool
  • Village Spawner shows icon at placement location
  • Village Entity Spawner can reveal locations of this node
  • Document mods: rp_drop_items_on_die, rp_farming
  • Add inventory images for wieldhand items
  • Burning TNT description added
  • Adding multiple crafting recipes with the same output is now possible

luk3yx
GitHub: luk3yx
IRC: luk3yx
In-game: luk3yx

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.3.0]

by luk3yx » Post

Hi,

vector.zero() (introduced in MT 5.5) is used in rp_village/generate.lua but the ContentDB entry says the game supports MT 5.4.0+.
git_undo() { [ -e .git ] || return 1; local r=$(git remote get-url origin); cd ..; rm -rf "$OLDPWD"; git clone "$r" "$OLDPWD"; cd "$OLDPWD"; }

Wuzzy

Version 3.4.0 released! Version 3.4.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.4.0
Version 3.4.0 is released! Nicknamed “The Farmer’s Update”! This adds 3 new farming plants: Potato, asparagus and carrot. This was long overdue, as having only wheat and cotton was too boring. :P

Each of the farming plants grows on different dirt. Also, wheat and cotton no longer grow on swamp dirt. Here's an overview of the new requirements for the farming plants:
  • Wheat: Dirt only
  • Carrot: Dry Dirt only
  • Asparagus: Swamp Dirt only
  • Cotton: Dirt, Dry Dirt and Sand
  • Potato: Dirt and Swamp dirt
Spikes are nasty metal blocks that you can put on the floor or the side and it hurts everything that touches it. There are 5 types of spikes made of different metals, each dealing more damage than the last one. It's useful to build a nasty trap. You need ingots and thistles to craft these, so finally the thistle has an use now. :-)

Next on the list are item frames and showcases. These are just purely decorative but you can place an item inside to show it off. This is nice if you're an item collector.

Changelog:

Blocks and items:
  • Wheat and cotton no longer grow on swamp dirt
  • Add potato, asparagus, carrot: They can be found occasionally in the world, in village chests and by trading
  • Add baked potato, cooked asparagus, asparagus seed
  • Item frames and item showcase added: Show off your item
  • Add spikes: Copper Spikes, Wrought Iron Spikes, Steel Spikes, Carbon Steel Spikes, Bronze Spikes
  • Thistle no longer destroys items
  • Compass can now be placed (it will point to the target)
  • Change cotton seed texture
  • Balance food points, growth times, growth requirements for various farming plants
  • Boar now eats acorn instead of apple
Achievements:
  • Add achievement “Forester”: Plant one of each sapling
  • Add achievement “True Mighty Weapon”: Create the strongest sword with jewels
  • Change achievement “Off to Battle”: Accepts any weapon
  • Change achievement “Fertile”: Requires to use fertilizer now
  • Remove the wheat/cotton harvesting achievements
  • Rename the “Wannabe Farmer” achievement to “Farmer”
  • When you join the game when one of your completed achievements has become incomplete again due to new goals, you will get a message once
Other features:
  • Add “/hunger” command to change hunger level
  • Village generation is a bit more efficient
  • Skins: Hair and beard can be selected separately
  • Skins: Random skin selection is more balanced (e.g. chance for getting a headband is now 50% instead of ca. 92%)
Bugfixes:
  • Fix starvation message appearing multiple times when dead
  • Show correct light sources for lumien crystal in tooltip
  • Fix floor apple dropping acorn
  • Village/mob spawning items now interact properly with other nodes on placement
  • Coal block is no longer breakable by hand
Technical:
  • Required Minetest version is now 5.5.0
  • If you find a half bed somewhere, it can be fixed manually now if you place a normal bed item in front of it

EDIT:
Version 3.4.1 released! Changlog: 3 NPC skins slightly changed, added German translation for spikes.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.4.1]

by DOOM_possum » Post

repixture is a tough Game, with a happy coating

lots of INFINITE Fun Here, guys, and will work well in any outstanding world, if You are looking for a change from your Base Of Operation