In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.4.1]

by Wuzzy » Post

:-)

Plasticweasel
In-game: Plasticweasel

by Plasticweasel » Post

how on earth are you meant to get food at the start? I found 1 sheep but apart from that there were about 4 acorns, and getting fertilizer for the trees to grow faster requires sulfur which I don't even know how to look for

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yeah, in some areas, food is more scarce, which is a challenge. This is kinda intended because if you can find food everywhere equally, the point of hunger kinda goes out of the window.

If you're in an area with little food, your only hope is to explore the world more to find apple trees in forests or orchards or clams at the beach. Maybe I should increase the number of acorns a little, tho.
In some areas, you can find potatoes, asparagus, wheat and rarely carrots. You can place those (or their seeds) on the ground (no hoe required) and farm them.
The best way to find food is to search for villages, which often have a farm or seeds and you can trade there.

Animals can be bred by feeding a pair of them. This game mechanic probably needs to be made more explicit. Note that mobs are still very, very basic in this game and need a full rework.

I still want to slowly add more foods to the game and spread them more throughout the world to prevent too large "food deserts". A berry bush is on my list of ideas.

Wuzzy

Repixture 3.5.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Repixture 3.5.0 is released!
Nickname: “Exploding Parachutes”.

This update is all over the place, but most noteworthy it includes a major parachute overhaul and much needed physics improvements.
Another big change is a technical one. I have completed the API documentation for all the mods that need it, so modding Repixture should be easier than ever (the focus of Repixture is still to be a good game in its own right).

IMPORTANT: Repixture now requires Minetest 5.6.0 to run!

Gameplay:
  • Complete overhaul of parachute
    • Speed limit enforced in all directions
    • Collision detection greatly improved
    • Parachute no longer collides with grass and similar plants
    • No longer weird player teleportation when opening parachute
    • Checks for free space improved plus improved messaging
    • Parachute uses the player gravity as gravity
  • Weak torches are now guaranteed to last at least 4 minutes (previously, they could have died after only 1 second, although this was rare)
  • Crafting: Recipe added: 2 slabs → 1 full block
  • Crafting: Recipe added: 2 stairs → 3 slabs
  • Crafting: You now need 3 cotton to make 1 cotton bale (was: 2 cotton for 2 cotton bales)
World:
  • Village: Potato farm added
  • Village: More farm variants added
  • Village: Forge interior ceiling is now 1 block higher (no more head-bashing)
Graphics and sounds:
  • Improved explosion particle effects
  • Particles added for: Music box, weak torch dies, fertilizing, lock breaks, jewelling tool
  • Fade-out/shrink animation added to bubble/eating particles
  • Slab and stair textures for various stairs/slabs like cobblestone now align with the full blocks
  • Sounds added for: Add chest lock, weak torch dies
  • Slightly different sound when igniting a weak torch
Bugfixes:
  • Fix player sometimes spawning with a parachute on rejoining
  • Fix player sometimes getting stuck in the ground when the parachute lands
  • Fix bed being erased when placing a bed near another bed
  • Fix bed allowing player to sleep if there is another bed directly above
  • Sky Diver achievement now also works if your descent was interrupted by leaving the server
  • Fix TNT sometimes being unable to blow up vine completely
  • Fix book not accepting your input when you press Enter when no element has the focus
  • Note: The official number of known Repixture bugs is now at only 2!
For developers/modders:
  • The documentation of all APIs is now complete! Repixture is now officially mod-friendly. Read the “DEVELOPERS.md” text file to get started.
  • Added API documentation for rp_partialblocks, rp_formspec, rp_goodies, rp_locks, rp_jewels, rp_item_drop, rp_player, rp_sounds, rp_tnt
  • Major refactoring for: rp_partialblocks, rp_formspec
  • The rp_formspec mod now allows you to add your own inventory pages
Last edited by Wuzzy on Wed Oct 19, 2022 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Repixture 3.5.0 relesed!

by rubenwardy » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 16:13
IMPORTANT: Repixture now requires Minetest 5.6.0 to run!
I recommend adding min_minetest_version = 5.6 to your game.conf, it's used by ContentDB and will prevent you from forgetting
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.5.0]

by Wuzzy » Post

Quick update:

I'm currently working on improving the villages a little because I think they need some love.
Probably the biggest issue is that they're always flat.
The "grid" pattern of all villages is also a bit simplistic but I think this one is going to stay. One idea is that I add a different village type in which the houses are placed more "freely" (but without the dirt path), while also keeping the classic grid style. The idea for the new village is to have forest huts without completely destroying the forest, but this is a long-term goal and will probably not reach the next update. So instead I focus on making the "grid" villages better at first.

One thing I made so far are abandoned villages which which are basically normal villages, but there are no villagers, everything is falling and withering apart. It's a rare sight, and mostly done to add more uniqueness to the game.

Another thing is the addition of new houses, especially with more random interiors. This is long overdue, but it's also a lot of work.

Grass clumps will finally grow in villages again.

I think it will give the game a bit more uniqueness to have rare events that don't have a huge gameplay impact, I should add more stuff like this in the long run to increase replay value.

In general, a long-term goal is to build many more structures around the world so it's more than villages and nature. I plan to add lonely huts, and various random above and below-ground structures with possible loot, so that exploration is more rewarded.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Here is an idea to perhaps solve both placement issues with the villages:

You could use or implement a lua voronoi library.
Then, The houses get placed at the center of each voronoi cell as overlaid on the map; you also then have an easy way to make paths through the village.
The terrain gets adjusted with each voronoi cell having a slight height offest, randomized a bit with noise. The total height offset from natural terrain increases towards the center of the village.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

MisterE wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 00:34
Here is an idea to perhaps solve both placement issues with the villages:

You could use or implement a lua voronoi library.
Then, The houses get placed at the center of each voronoi cell as overlaid on the map; you also then have an easy way to make paths through the village.
The terrain gets adjusted with each voronoi cell having a slight height offest, randomized a bit with noise. The total height offset from natural terrain increases towards the center of the village.
You seem to misunderstand what a Voronoi diagram of biomes represents. It has temperature on one axis and humidity on another. Inside are a series of points, those are your biome registrations. Each biome is assigned a colour for ease of viewing, and then for each pixel in the entire diagram the closest point out of the biome set is calculated and that pixel is drawn in the biome's colour. By looking at the diagram, we can see what biomes occur more frequently, with an exponential factor that makes biomes further away from the centre rarer as well.

The actual heat and humidity for each coordinate in Minetest are assigned by the map generator: v7, flat, voxel and so on. This is approximately two 3D perlin noise maps overlaid onto the base terrain. Minetest uses the biome definitions to choose what biome to place in a coordinate based on what heat and humidity are closest i.e. to the same effect as visualised by the Voronoi diagram.

Unlike the Voronoi diagram, what we see as the output of mapgen is not a series of crystalline-looking biomes revolving around chosen centre-points but the output of a heap of combined Perlin noise functions - the base terrain, the biome heat and humidity and others that are mapgen-specific like where to place tall mountains and rivers. Importantly, each point is decided individually and not in reference to a cell centre.

Therefore it is quite hard to establish the centre of a biome in practice without having first generated that entire biome, which basically requires you to generate huge swaths of land, or else have algorithms like Amidstest does that can work it out for itself. Having done so, you would then have to totally override the base terrain generation with a callback function that works out how to smooth the terrain this way. Done poorly that would look much worse but would also have a certain interesting style.

A Voronoi-based mapgen could be interesting: Assign control points at random heights and smooth the terrain between them - or don't smooth it, and make the cliffs a built-in challenge. You could also iterate smoothness by placing interpolated control points maybe? Anyway I don't think Villages and Voronois help each other that much :)

I can bring another proposal: Minetest world generation is done in chunks of 48x48x48. Write a generation callback that first checks the coordinates to make sure we're not up in the sky or underground but at a suitable altitude. Then proceed downwards to establish the height of the terrain at each point - if there are overhangs, oh well, they must not be suitable anyway, unless they're quite tall I suppose :) With the heightmap data, derivate a flatness metric based on the gradient from +x to -x and +z to -z. Villages can then be placed in only suitably flat areas. Yes, this is expensive to calculate; maybe rather than the iterating-most-voxels method you could work out how to access the base heightmap data directly and save time somehow? This approach is also still kind of gridded to the natural chunk grid.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 01:16

You seem to misunderstand what a Voronoi diagram of biomes represents.
I did not say anything about biomes. I suggested using or making a lua voronoi library. That would implement Voronoi which, in its basic form, is a 2d (can be 3d, but that is beyond the scope here) plane divided into irregular polygons that are roughly the same size and never repeat. It can be made by taking a regular grid of points (called centroids), and then applying random offests, with a greater range for more variation, and a lower range for more gridlike cells. Then lines are calculated between the points such that a line marks the boundary of equal distance from the closest two points. This forms polygons that mark the area around a point that is closest to that point. Such a library provides the boundary lines and the centroids within an area. One library is available for love2d, it can generate thousands of cells in real tim, and animate the centroids. So, its fast.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

MisterE wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 02:47
Blockhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 01:16

You seem to misunderstand what a Voronoi diagram of biomes represents.
I did not say anything about biomes. I suggested using or making a lua voronoi library. That would implement Voronoi which, in its basic form, is a 2d (can be 3d, but that is beyond the scope here) plane divided into irregular polygons that are roughly the same size and never repeat. It can be made by taking a regular grid of points (called centroids), and then applying random offests, with a greater range for more variation, and a lower range for more gridlike cells. Then lines are calculated between the points such that a line marks the boundary of equal distance from the closest two points. This forms polygons that mark the area around a point that is closest to that point. Such a library provides the boundary lines and the centroids within an area. One library is available for love2d, it can generate thousands of cells in real tim, and animate the centroids. So, its fast.
Ah thanks for elaborating what you mean by a Voronoi library. Yes, the points themselves are quite easy to generate. I think the grid nature works well enough though. I would probably suggest height transition squares that go up or down a few nodes as a simple solution to adding height differences to the village, rather than replacing the grid with a voronoi cell structure and freeform (or right-angle) paths. I think it just works better in a block game.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Wuzzy

Version 3.6.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Repixture version 3.6.0 is released!
Repixture version 3.6.1 is released!
Nickname: “Abandoned Swamp Villages”.

This release is all about villages. There are now savanna villages, swamp villages, abandoned villages (rare), more buildings, more random interiors of buildings, reed roofs, and other improvements. This is not the final say on villages yet, as I have still some plans with them.

There is a lot of other small updates: Unwritten books change color when they're written and you can now read them directly from a bookshelf. Finally bookshelves are more than just a worse chest. ;)

I added decorative blocks. Straw and hay are nice for barns and also greatly reduce fall damage. Compressed sandstone and lumien blocks can be reinforced now. The reinforced lumien block works great as a lantern. Sand grass was added to make beaches look a little bit more interesting. It can be crafted to fiber.

Changelog:

Mapgen:
  • The wood type of village houses is now per-village instead of per-world (exception: swamp villages)
  • Abandoned villages appear with a chance of 1:25 per village. The buildings are old and rotten and no villagers can be found here. Apart from that, they aren't very special
  • Villages may now also appear in the savanna or swamps
  • Unique new village buildings with reed roofs for swamp villages
  • New village buildings: Reading club, library, townhall, bakery, workshop
  • Grass clumps now grow in villages
  • Sand grass can be found at some beaches
New items:
  • New stackable book item added for empty books, to distinguish it between a written book
  • Note: The written book is green and cannot be stacked; the empty book is brown and can be stacked
  • Note: You can turn any written book to an empty stackable one by clearing the title and text
  • New craftable blocks: Hay (+slab, +stair), Straw (+slab, +stair), Reinforced Compressed Sandstone (+slab, +stair), Reinforced Lumien Block.
  • New plant: Sand grass (grows on sand)
Changes:
  • Bookshelves now allow you to read written books direclty from its inventory
  • Containers with items can now be dug; they'll drop their items
  • Crafting output slot is gone; crafted items now directly into your inventory
  • Different particle and sound when you eaten item made you full
  • Texture of trading book changed
  • Weather does change slightly less rapidly
  • Slightly improved weather randomness
  • Add 3D stems to flowers
Bugfixes:
  • The decimal separator is now a comma in German and French (rp_localize mod)
  • Crafting multiple non-stackable items at once (like tools) now works
  • Fix misleading tooltips of jeweled tools
  • Fix crash with hunger if damage was disabled

Wuzzy

Version 3.6.2 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.6.2 released! A small bugfix release. Changelog:
  • Villages: Fix swamp villages sometimes generating with "naked" swamp dirt
  • Fix TNT sometimes not detaching vines
  • Fix half-doors misbehaving
  • Add inventory images for door segment nodes

estor

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.6.2]

by estor » Post

Are you going to add music to the game? Or at least add an api for music

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.6.2]

by Wuzzy » Post

It is not planned, but some ambience is planned. Not in the near future, however.

EDIT: OK, technically, there is music in the game with the music box item, but it's only 2 very simple chiptune tracks. I don't think that counts. ;-)
Last edited by Wuzzy on Mon Jan 30, 2023 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy

Version 3.6.3 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

The update to version 3.6.3 is here!

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.6.3]

by wsor4035 » Post

fyi for anyone who cares, basic materials now has first class support for repixture https://github.com/mt-mods/basic_materi ... 4e39aaf03c

...no promises, but potentially first class support for repixture could be coming to some mods that depend on basic materials :)
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.6.3]

by Wuzzy » Post

Nice! I've seen a couple of mods with official Repixture support lately, which is really cool. For example, the Subtitles mod (although I wish there was native support from Minetest for this, at least partially, to avoid competing and conflicting implementations). Anyway, seems like all the boring work documenting all the APIs has paid off. :D

Wuzzy

Version 3.7.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.7.0 released! Nicknamed “A Bucket of Wooly Grass on Fire”

Features:
  • New achievements: Getting a Cut, Gonna Feed ’em All, Metal Age, A Complete Collection, Overgrowth
  • Books can be placed now. Also, you can rightclick a placed written book to read it.
  • Buckets can be placed now. Use for decoration or collecting rain water.
  • More items can be placed now: Ingots, jewels
  • Reworked sheep wool regrowth
  • Sheep can now eat more types of grass
  • Add bonfire (can be ignited with flint and steel)
  • Add barrel (decorative)
  • Two new hair styles added
Comparison of old grass vs new grass:
Spoiler
Tweaks:
  • Changed controls of buckets: The [Punch] key now collects or pours liquid. The [Place] key places the bucket itself
  • Renamed achievement “Ranger” to “Gotcha!”
  • Achievements are now roughly sorted by difficulty
  • Add icon for achievements in progress
  • New icons for a few achievements
  • Many plants are now transparent to sunlight
  • Add furnace fire animation
  • Catching animals with bare hand is no longer possible
  • Grass texture for Dirt with Grass (etc.) now spans over multiple blocks
  • A few blocks now drop as item when flooded instead of getting destroyed
  • Clams now expect sand/gravel beaches to be larger in order to respawn (previously, 1 water source and 1 sand or gravel was enough)
  • New book and sign interface
  • Underwater bubbles location is now more precise
Bugfixes:
  • Fix crash when player leaves in multiplayer
  • Fix lighting problems with underwater plants
  • Fix sheared sheep dropping wool when killed
  • Fix incorrect warning message appearing when rightclicking or feeding an animal
  • Fix newlines being allowed in book title
  • Fix compass not updating when not in hotbar
For developers:
  • achievements.get_completion_status added (check completion status of achievement)
  • Achievement definitions now support an optional difficulty rating (affects position in list)

Wuzzy

Development Philosophy of Repixture

by Wuzzy » Post

Today I want to write about the rough design philosophy so you have an idea where things are going … roughly. None of this is set in stone, however.

Development Philosophy of Repixture
  • Basic idea: You spawn in a voxel world and explore, survive, mine and build stuff. This is the classic stuff. Repixture is meant to be a classic sandbox game.
  • Easy to learn: The game should be easy to pick up by people completely new to the genre. See it as an introduction to the genre, or Minetest in general
  • Unique design: All the graphics, sounds, UI should be unique. I mostly inherited this from Pixture already, but keeping the style consistent as a non-artist is hard.
  • New code: Like Pixture, this game is meant to write most things from scratch instead of adopting existing mods, with a few exceptions. Repixture is NOT a mod soup.
  • Low-tech: Most of the technology is very primitive, and this is by design. There are definitely no complex machineries, no mesecons, Technic, redstone, and the like. While these things are cool, they are not for THIS game. If there will ever be mechanisms, they will be limited. No mesecons because it's too overpowered and tricky to master
  • Focus on nature: You deal with what nature gives you. This game overall is meant to be very nature-centric
  • Temperate climate (mostly). So no deserts, jungles or arctic biomes either. This means the biomes overall should feel "closer" to each other
  • Reward exploration: I want the biomes to not just be decorative but also to offer them something unique and useful. Later I want to add much more structures you can loot for treasure. Ideally they might also have unique items sometimes and not just stuff you could just craft anyway
  • Expand on content, not complexity: I try to keep the game's basic rules simple, so to keep the game interesting, I try to extend on content instead. I don't want confusing features.
  • Ambience: Pixture had an OK start, but we're not there yet IMHO. Many sounds need work.
  • No obscure mechanics: I wish this game to become the go-to game for complete newcomers in the genre. There should be no game mechanics you need a manual or wiki to figure out (like how to open a portal or spawn an iron golem in Minecraft / MineClone 2)
  • Stability over features: This is what made me frustrated with MineClone 2: The bug count just exploded because I wasn't strict enough on bug squashing. Now I try to fix bugs before I go wild on features again.
  • Don't rush new features: One big mistake I often did in MineClone 2 was to rush new features and then start another feature before the first feature was even finished, bug-free or just of acceptable quality. This made things messy very fast. Instead, my new approach is "do it right the first time". Should save me time. Now I just use Git branches for experimental features. (OK, I also did this with MineClone 2, but not as often)
  • No workarounds or complicated hacks: MineClone 2 suffered from many obscure workarounds and hacks in which I tried to work and hack around Minetest's limitations a lot. The code quality suffered. Now I rather wait for the engine to add a feature properly than to add some bad limited feature in this game.

Wuzzy

Version 3.8.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 3.8.0 released!
Nicknamed: “The Nautical Update”.

It adds rafts and log boats to move on water. The log boat is small, slow but turns quickly. The raft is larger, a bit faster but turns slowly.
Rightclick a boat to enter, rightclick it again or press Sneak to get off. Punch a boat multiple times to get it back.
You can also ride up rivers, however, your boat will sink if you go into the waterfall.

There is a new underwater plant: Airweed. Rightclick to regain a little breath, and it will take a few seconds to recharge.

All plants are now capable of growing and spreading. This completes my effort to make all plants renewable which I started a few versions ago. Seagrass spreads like grass. Algae and vines grow slowly after manual placement to different heights. Airweed only spreads slowly and only when fertilized.

Remember you can show items to villagers and they give you a hint about it.

Changelog:

Features:
  • Add log boats and rafts for every wood type
  • Added airweed (can be found underwater in some biomes)
  • These plants can grow and spread now: Seagrass, algae, vines, airweed. (note: algae and vines need to placed to start growth)
  • Added achievement: Aqualung (don't drown for 2:30 minutes while underwater)
  • Add ch(e)at command: /achievement (view, give, remove achievements)
Changed:
  • Players don't sink as fast in liquids now
  • These block will now be washed away by water: Ladder, thistle, vine, papyrus, rope, sign, door, item frame, lumien crystal
  • All algae can now be built to a height of up to 10
  • Player step height increased; you know can walk onto beds
  • Incrase contrast of tin ore
  • Remove smoke particle if something dies
  • Armor now protects you from node damage as well
  • Breath bar stays visible a few seconds after catching breath
  • Added a couple of hints for villages
Bugfixes:
  • Fix crashes when interacting with unknown node
  • Fix magnocompass having wrong rotation if placed on stair
  • Fix bad rotation of some items in the player wieldhand
  • Fix missing pixels of bottom of birch sapling
  • Fix explosion not blowing up beds properly
  • Fix explosion erasing book text

MisterE

Re: [Game] Repixture [3.8.0]

by MisterE » Post

I suggest a february blog post entry:
github.com/minetest/blog/issues

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Sorry, I don't really have the willpower to also maintain a blog on top of everything else I do. Besides, it would be an obvious conflict-of-interest anyway to report on my own game. :P

Although the blog *did* ignore the game's progress for months now. :-( I guess the game was ignored because it is not good enough yet? I'm working on it ... I have a plan. This year I want to finally learn OpenGL, up my Blender skills and also finally tackle my development end-boss in Minetest: Mobs! :D I have postponed this for so long (including in MCL2), lol. It seems no suitable mob API exists, they all either suck or are poorly documented (or both). Seems like I would have to actually start from 0. Will be a challenge to make it work AND bug-free AND with acceptable performance AND the mobs are smarter than a vacuum cleaning robot.
And I have so many other plans for this year. Maybe too many? Idk.
Maybe I even get the bug count to 0. Right now, only 3 bugs remain, and 2 of them are mob-related. The third bug is water z-fighting, it is inherited from Minetest (which requires OpenGL skills to fix).

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 03:54
Sorry, I don't really have the willpower to also maintain a blog on top of everything else I do. Besides, it would be an obvious conflict-of-interest anyway to report on my own game. :P

Although the blog *did* ignore the game's progress for months now. :-( I guess the game was ignored because it is not good enough yet?
No, you misunderstood how the blog works. The blog primarily consists of people shilling their own stuff (for which they create PRs), and then the editors shilling some stuff that stood out to them.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Wow, I just suddenly started to respect the blog much less now that I know it's just a shilling platform. >_>

Anyway, back to Repixture … I've finally sorted my sound collection today and my next task (probably) is to rework/replace the node sounds because they suck. Let's see if I can find anything useful in there. Because I have been recording all sorts of sounds in the last years and my collection keeps growing. You'll find a few of these sounds in Hades Revisited, by the way. Maybe I'll publish all sounds one day, but that is a different topic. :P

For Repixture, I first I tried to use retro sounds because the game has a retro style but I feel like it doesn't really fit. Currently, the game has a weird mix of "realistic" sounds and retro sounds. And I think I have to stick with ONE theme. Retro sounds worked great in Glitch but in this game ... not so much, I guess. One example is when you make a mineturtle angry, that's a classic retro noise effect, but many other sounds are based on real recordings. Yeah, I guess I'll go with (semi-)realistic sounds.
But either way, the current node sounds *really* have to go.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

LMD wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 08:28
No, you misunderstood how the blog works. The blog primarily consists of people shilling their own stuff (for which they create PRs), and then the editors shilling some stuff that stood out to them.
That's a very cynical view, but it's probably a correct conclusion based on how the information propagation works.
Wuzzy wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 16:55
Wow, I just suddenly started to respect the blog much less now that I know it's just a shilling platform. >_>

Anyway, back to Repixture … I've finally sorted my sound collection today and my next task (probably) is to rework/replace the node sounds because they suck.
For Repixture, I first I tried to use retro sounds because the game has a retro style but I feel like it doesn't really fit. Currently, the game has a weird mix of "realistic" sounds and retro sounds. And I think I have to stick with ONE theme.
Perhaps a cartoon sound design would work for Repixture? That would seem to match with the graphics to me, more than a fully realistic design.