[Game] Repixture [3.12.1]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [0.4.4] (was: Pixture Revival)

by Wuzzy » Post

Thanks for your review! :D
Tavernkeeper offer me to trade Jewel for Gold Ingot. Or it was gold ingot for jewels? I would like to see some labels about what is goods and what is price.
I agree, the current trader HUD is confusing. It doesn't even make a lot of sense.
I sertainly don't need 13 beds.
Hehe, no. But the villagers might? But yeah, the number is excessive, I should reduce it.
Though, those villagers completely ignored the fact that I talked with them with a sword in hand.
Villagers are very chill as long you don't attack them. But yeah, adding more reactions to items you hold in hand could be nice. I could make villagers drop a random hint now and then, when they're happy.
I haven't found boat in the list of crafts. It would be very useful for me because I spawned on small island in the middle of the sea.
Indeed, a boat is lacking. And other mods of transportation. It's unlucky when you spawn on an island but I'm not sure how to prevent that. MTG has a good spawn mod that makes sure the initial spawn is not in a desolate biome with no wood.
Quite unusual for tavernkeeper. Why not food for coins?
I looked at the trades table and I realized that most trandes indeed make no sense for the tavernkeeper. I should rename the profession.
Are those trees intended to be so small?
Yes. These are more like bushes. But the “tree” node is used for simplicity.
Lasso is made from ropes and the ropes are made of desert grass. I have fiber from green grass, why can't I make lasso from fibers?
Excuse reason: Dry grass is more tearproof.
Real reason: Simply to give more reasons to collect other types of grass. Btw: I just realized the lasso textures has the wrong color.
I crafted net and tried to catch some small black beast with white strip. It ignored right-click and started to attack me on left click. I had to kill (...)
Left click is attack. This is the default behaviour of basically everything. Rightclick is an attempt to catch the animal, there's no 100% chance. You might need multiple attempts. Note that net and lasso are equal in function, but the success chances are different for each animal and might even be 0%. Lasso is for catching big animals, net for smaller animals.
(…) fertilizer (…)
Farming plants need to be placed on some soil, like dirt with grass .To grow at all, the farming plants always need water nearby. If you fertilize the ground, you simply speed up the growth.

Wuzzy

Version 0.5.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.5.0 released!

Changelog:
  • Villagers: Add carpenter profession
  • Villagers: Tavernkeeper trades now are mostly food
  • Villagers: Re-balance trades a bit
  • Villagers: Add a number of new messages, commenting on the stuff you carry
  • Villagers now group-attack
  • Tweak stuff in village chests
  • Generate locked chests in villages
  • Limit number of music players per village to 1
  • Fade in/out weather sounds; don't play rain sound underwater
  • Remove unused snowstorm weather
  • Save weather status when quitting game
  • Fix mob punch sound not always played
  • New sounds: Skunk, jewelling, placing/taking water, lockpicking, hungry
  • Improve mob sounds
  • Jewelling: Fix "range" bonus not working
  • Complete overhaul of achievements: Remove all "grindy" achievements, change requirements for existing achievements to be more specific, add new achievements
  • Locked chests: Display "cracked" state in info text
  • Locked chests can now be ownerless
  • Lockpicks no longer try to pick already cracked chests
  • Improve the quality of ambient sounds a bit, add swamp ambience at night
  • Make trader form less confusing
  • Torches and music players drop as items when flooded
  • Make lasso texture look more dry

Xudo
GitHub: akryukov92
In-game: Xudo

Re: [Game] Repixture [0.5.0]

by Xudo » Post

Version 0.5.0, fresh world.

New trade window now has more sense.

I like that there are some ambient sounds. It adds more immersion.
Found that I can get Fiber by chopping Leaves from trees and chopping trunk only after this. It would be great to have some tool to speed it up.
I see a lot of Graphite Sheet near surface, but there only carbon steel recipe to use them.
It is hard to visually distinguish graphite blocks from coal blocks, so I just mine them all.
Ladder feels useless during cave exploration once you get bucket. It is fairly easy to get bucket because it is made from wood. You have to be careful to preserve torches on the walls, but it still OP in my opinion.
When I hit sheep, I see green particles, which look like grass item. It looks strange.
Spoiler
There are a lot of structures like this
Spoiler
They are made by swamp water and always on some slope.
Animals often die by themselves in open water. Probably by drowning.
I also tried to place thistle at the villagers. They ignored damage from this plant.
Spoiler
All villagers require gold to buy something from them. I don't have gold yet. 5 gold for 1 simple chest? No deal.
When I came to village, there was paddoc with sheeps, but they have disappeared after some time.
I don't see reason to farm cotton.
Dry grass can be collected without completing achievement "Dry lands". You need to dig savanna dirt for it.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Xudo wrote:Found that I can get Fiber by chopping Leaves from trees and chopping trunk only after this. It would be great to have some tool to speed it up.
Believe it or not, but spears are the fastest way to dig leaves now. Yes, I know …
There's also shears in the game, but they are not used for digging leaves yet. It's only useful for digging cotton plants and getting wool from sheep atm. I will change this in the next version.
It is hard to visually distinguish graphite blocks from coal blocks, so I just mine them all.
I will tweak the textures.
Ladder feels useless during cave exploration once you get bucket. It is fairly easy to get bucket because it is made from wood. You have to be careful to preserve torches on the walls, but it still OP in my opinion.
This will stay for now. You can't drown in a ladder and also climb faster.
When I hit sheep, I see green particles, which look like grass item. It looks strange.
Haha, right. Grass particle is nonsense indeed. I will replace it.
Animals often die by themselves in open water. Probably by drowning.
Yeah. Animals are a bit stupid.
I also tried to place thistle at the villagers. They ignored damage from this plant.
Oops. Node damage will be activated in next release.
All villagers require gold to buy something from them. I don't have gold yet. 5 gold for 1 simple chest? No deal.
I have reduced the price.
When I came to village, there was paddoc with sheeps, but they have disappeared after some time.
Weird.
I don't see reason to farm cotton.
Cotton crafts cotton bales, which in turn crafts beds an parachutes. Cotton bales are an alternative to wool.
Dry grass can be collected without completing achievement "Dry lands". You need to dig savanna dirt for it.
I am pretty sure the achievement works as intended. The achievement message is delayed and only shown after 7 seconds. Probably it was a coincidence that you collected the dirt exactly in the same moment the message appeared. :D

Wuzzy

Version 0.6.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.6.0 released!

Changelog:
- Most mobs now take damage from blocks
- Change graphite ore texture
- New mob damage particle
- More things get dug instantly in Creative Mode
- Add 3 shears: steel shears, carbon steel shears, bronze shears (+ jeweled variants)
- Shears can now dig leaves and other plant-like blocks
- Trading: Make chest cheaper
- Trimming cotton with shears now adds wear
- Various minor text changes here and there

zing269

by zing269 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Xudo wrote: When I came to village, there was paddoc with sheeps, but they have disappeared after some time.
Weird.
Perhaps line 153 in mobs api.lua:

Code: Select all

lifetimer = def.lifetimer or 180, -- 3 minutes

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Game] Repixture [0.6.0]

by rubenwardy » Post

I've changed my mind, repixture isn't a bad name. Thanks for your continued work in reviving this!
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Xudo

Re: [Game] Repixture [0.6.0]

by Xudo » Post

I think it is too easy to complete the game. By "completion" I assume achieving all achievements. Hardest goal is to craft full set of bronze armor, but it is doable in the first few hours.
Digging around -100 I found a lot of copper, but very few tin. Should I dig deeper to get more tin? I suspect that ore distribution will be the same for any depth after -100, so I decided to ask.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Repixture [1.0.0]

by Wuzzy » Post

@Xudo: Yeah. Repixture just doesn't have a lot of “stuff”. The achievements are mostly milestones. To show how far you've come so far, basically. Previously there were achievements like “craft X a lot of times” or “dig Y a lot of times” but I removed them as repetitive. These achievements would take longer but it's just grindy IMO and would also distract from the open-ended nature of the game. Of course, Repixture has no real end goal, it's open ended like many games of this genre. You can't really “complete” the game.

Ore generation is a bit different. Ores can stop generating BELOW a certain height. Tin peaks at Y=-130 to Y=-140. The deepest ore layer of interest for any ores is between ca. Y=-200 and Y=-230. Below that, ores repeat, but not all of them. You basically have to explore different height levels.

Note that Pixture was always minimalist, and so Repixture will also be minimalist. This is by design. Don't expect a feature-packed game here.

Maybe, just maybe, one day I decide to create a spin-off to add a lot of depth to the game. But not now. Not this year. Maybe not even in the next 2 years. I really don't know. I have too many other game ideas; I need to set priorities. The Repixture project really was just meant as revival of Pixture, nothing more. This project already dragged along waay to long IMO. Therefore, I will release version 1.0.0 today.

Wuzzy

Version 1.0.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.0.0 is out!

Changelog:
  • Fix villages sometimes digging too aggressively into land
  • Change clothing color of villagers to blue
  • "Drain the swamp" achievement now recognizes any swamp dirt
  • Placing villages now requires new "maphack" privilege
  • Add basic protection support
  • Mobs now have breath and drown instead of taking direct water damage
  • Animals that spawn in villages are tamed
  • Mobs don't despawn near players
  • Add sound for placing blocks
Now a few notes about this project: I am currently quite happy about how the project turned out. Remember, Repixture is always meant only as a revival of Pixture. Don't expect a feature-packed game, expect a rather minimalist game that focuses on a nice game atmosphere. When first Pixture came out, I quickly noticed that Pixture does not have a lot of content. It's even less content than in MTG, actually. But strangely, the game still felt more “complete” than MTG. Many years later, I decided to revive it because I think Pixture is a part of Minetest history.

For new players I strongly recommend to stay away from Creative Mode and fly mode as long as possible. Otherwise you might just ruin your game experience. Explore!

Is Repixture 1.0.0 perfect? No. But it's pretty stable now, I believe. And it's a fully playable, self-contained game. That one's important.

Will there be further updates? I don't know. I don't think there will be any serious updates soon, except when there's a critical bug or something. I want to focus on other projects now. I think Repixture already dragged on far too long and it's time to find closure.
But I will try to at least give “basic life support” to Repixture, i.e. bugs that appear due to breakage caused by a new Minetest release. Thankfully, Minetest releases are rare, so I suspect the maintenence will be very low.

With the addition of protection support and requiring the maphack priv for placing villages in v1.0.0, I believe Repixture should now be suitable for server play. In theory. You just need to install some protection mod. It's like what I did in MineClone 2.
Protection will apply to everything except the inventory to normal chests. This will allow for “public” chests in the game. Use locked chests to lock away your stuff. Note the existence of lockpicks in Pixture. A locked chest that is not in a proteced area is not safe from being broken into. But a protected chest is safe.

Wuzzy

Version 1.1.0 released! Version 1.1.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.1.0 released!

Changelog:
  • Shears now trim cotton with "use" key (rightclick) instead of punching
  • Shears can now trim tall grass clumps with "use" key
  • No longer allow invalid items in furnace, armor and jewel bench slots
  • Item entities now disappear after 900 seconds by default (instead of 600)
  • Item entities now use the builtin item_entity_ttl setting for their lifetime instead of a custom setting
  • Items emit a particle when destroyed but no longer make a hissing sound when they fall into a thistle
  • Replaced a couple of icons: Left/right arrows in Creative Inventory, crafting tab, crafting guide, tall grass clump
  • Move crafting guide button to the right side and highlight it when active
  • Put armor items into the correct armor slots after being moved
  • New sound effects for: Jewelling fails, tool breaks, shears cut
  • Several minor message tweaks
  • Various minor code cleanups
Version 1.1.1 released!
Change: Removed a pointless console warning when trying to craft nothing.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Fri Oct 25, 2019 03:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy

Version 1.1.2 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.1.2 released!

Changelog:

- Fix tall grass and mature cotton plant not being buildable to anymore
- Fix incorrect stats in tooltip of jeweled broadswords
- Rename a jeweled broadsword
- Prevent trimming of plants in protected areas

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: [Game] Repixture [1.1.2]

by Kilarin » Post

I've been playing repixture a bit, and having a lot of fun! Thank you to everyone involved in the project.

Some observations:
I found it challenging at the beginning to gather the iron I needed. But that isn't a bad thing, I like a challenge.

For MY preferences, there could be more hostile mobs. But I understand that a hostile environment is not really the goal of repixture. So I'm really not recommending a change on this.

I don't care much for having to craft a trading book before being able to trade with the villagers. Its not a BAD thing, it just didn't much sense in my head.

Having a crafting system that is so drastically different from regular minetest or minecraft was very interesting!

I like all the use of fiber to tie things together. Made the recipes make sense. A stone ax isn't just a stone and a stick, its a stone, and a stick, and the fiber to tie them together!

Turning Iron into steel and carbon steel was interesting! I liked the different metallurgy.

I really think that this could make a great game to be bundled with Minetest. BUT, I have one suggestion that I think would make it a better introduction game. There are quite a few elements in the game that are not immediately simple to figure out. It took me a while to realize that you didn't have to tame sheep before you could shear them, rather shearing them was what tamed them. I still have no idea what a heated dirt path is for unless it would keep off snow? (I haven't run into snow yet, so haven't been able to test it) I thought perhaps flint and steel would allow you to relight dead torches, but it doesn't, so I haven't yet figured out what those are for. And I've collected quite a bit of Lumien, but I don't know what its good for. Now, none of these points are actually a problem. I think it's just fine to have a game where the player has to work hard to figure out how things work. BUT, I don't think repixture is meant to be that kind of game. And I don't think that kind of game is the best introduction to Minetest. SO, I would suggest a guidebook. It would be awesome if the guide could be built in to the ? in the crafting menu. Select an item and not only do you get the recipe, but there could be a second small window with a short description of how the item works or should be used. BUT, just simply giving the player a "guide book" they could read would work just as well.

And last point. If this was going to be a game bundled with minetest, if it was going to be part of the introduction to minetest for new players, I think it probably needs a screwdriver. A LOT of people play voxel games to build. And a way to rotate slabs and stairs is an important part of that.

Again, I'm enjoying the game. Big thanks to kaadmy and Wuzzy for all their work on this. And my vote is that yes, this SHOULD be bundled with Minetest.

Xudo

by Xudo » Post

Lumien is a infinite torch, which light up when player approaches. I realised that after I tried to use/place it.
Maybe it is good idea to place lumien fragments in caves.
It would be great to increase light radius and to decrease size of placed fragment.

I don't think that guidebook is good idea. If you designed a game in MT and have to write text to explain how to play it, then you fail at design.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I give you a hint: Show villagers a random item and they might tell you something about it …
For MY preferences, there could be more hostile mobs.
Yeah, that goes a bit against the game's spirit. At least for now.
I don't care much for having to craft a trading book before being able to trade with the villagers. Its not a BAD thing, it just didn't much sense in my head.
I actually agree. This adds a weird and possibly avoidable layer of complexity to trading. This is actually just a silly workaround. A normal rightclick on villagers is used for chatter or to give or show villagers items. It's more like a workaround than anything else. I haven't really thought about alternatives yet.
still have no idea what a heated dirt path is for unless it would keep off snow?
It's like the dirt path but it glows. Sadly, both look identical in the inventory. Hmm, I should probably at least change the name of this block. The name is quite misleading. Not even the villagers will explain this block to you. :-/
And I've collected quite a bit of Lumien, but I don't know what its good for
It can be placed. I understand this is probably a surprise because it has a 2D icon, not a 3D icon. I remember when I first placed the original Pixture, I also took way too long to realize the lumien crystal can be placed. Sadly, I can't simply revert back to having a 3D icon, as it would look horrible in the inventory. :-/
But yeah, this should definitely be more discoverable, I just don't know how. I wish Minetest would allow me to use custom 3D inventory icons. This would help a lot!
I thought perhaps flint and steel would allow you to relight dead torches, but it doesn't, so I haven't yet figured out what those are for.
Oh, this must be a bug. Because flint and steel totally should relight dead torches! Flint and steel also ignites TNT.
I don't think that guidebook is good idea. If you designed a game in MT and have to write text to explain how to play it, then you fail at design.
It depends how you did it. I don't think it's really helpful to religiously avoid all text. And you can design all you want, a game probably still should have a manual for those nitty-gritty details. Which reminds me, Repixture currently has no manual whatsover. OMG! I should write at least a basic one. A one-page HTML would probably do the trick. I just totally forgot that …

But from a different game I know a simple trick: All items with non-obvious function have a one-sentence description (or a flavor text) in their tooltip. It contains enough infos to be helpful but is short enough to not get in the way. But for Repixture its probably better to first redesign the items as good as I can.

Maybe some of you remember the huge Help modpack I created a while ago. I think I will *not* be using this for Repixture, as it will be quite overkill.
think it probably needs a screwdriver
And sooner or later Repixture will just become Minetest Game … Haha, jokes aside, a screwdriver should probably be added. But in only a more simplified form. Thankfully, there aren't so many things that need rotation anyway.

I also thought of adding the screwdriver into MCL2, but here it's much more work because there are so many blocks that need to be supported. But in MCL2 it makes more sense as well. It's mostly not there yet because I tend to shy away from non-MC features. But that is a lame excuse.

TO BE WRITTEN (STAY TUNED!):
(something about sheep
I need to test if the claims about sheep are actually true. Because these sound like bugs.

EDIT:
1: Ok, so flint and steel do light up torches, but you must punch them, not rightclick them.

2: Argh, crap, my HTML idea for a manual isn't that simple. I still need to account for translations.

3:
rather shearing them was what tamed them.
This is not correct. You can always shear sheep, but shearing does not tame sheep. Food is taming sheep. So, everything is as expected.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I give you a hint: Show villagers a random item and they might tell you something about it …
Ok, that is COOL! Going to have to play with that!
Xudo wrote:I don't think that guidebook is good idea. If you designed a game in MT and have to write text to explain how to play it, then you fail at design.
Wuzzy wrote:It depends how you did it. I don't think it's really helpful to religiously avoid all text. And you can design all you want, a game probably still should have a manual for those nitty-gritty details. Which reminds me, Repixture currently has no manual whatsover. OMG! I should write at least a basic one. A one-page HTML would probably do the trick. I just totally forgot that …
I think you have a very valid point Xudo, but overall, I'm with Wuzzy on this one. For two reasons:

1: Having self explaining elements is a really good design, but there ARE times when some elements are more complex and work better with just a little bit of explanation. Just as a really simple example, any system where Bronze weapons are superior to steel REALLY needs to explain that, because it is certainly not intuitive.

2: Personally, I like a game that is more complex and makes you research and dig and experiment to figure things out. BUT, I freely admit that I'm in the minority on this. Most people seem to prefer a game where everything they need to do is explained up front. Repixture seems to me to be designed primarily for the majority casual player. It has all of the recipes available at the click of a button. It has a much simpler crafting system than regular minetest, you don't have to remember complex patterns, just pile the right ingredients into the boxes and then select what you want to make. I think these are GREAT features for an "intro to minetest" type game, because they will appeal to the largest number of people. Its the type of game that might draw in players who would quit any game that still had them confused about details five minutes into their first play. All players can benefit from some simple instructions, but the really casual players that we would like to attract will benefit the most.
Xudo wrote:Lumien is a infinite torch, which light up when player approaches. I realised that after I tried to use/place it.
Wuzzy wrote:It can be placed. I understand this is probably a surprise because it has a 2D icon, not a 3D icon.
DUH! I was looking for something to craft with it, I didn't even TRY placing it. Thank you!
Wuzzy wrote:Ok, so flint and steel do light up torches, but you must punch them, not rightclick them.
I had only created flint and steel a little bit before doing my write up, should have experimented more. thank you.
Wuzzy wrote:shearing does not tame sheep.
Ok, I have no explanation for this. I tried to right click a sheep with grass, nothing. I tried punching a sheep with grass and got the "not tamed" message. Then I tried sheering the sheep. And when I sheered it, it suddenly start giving off little red hearts. I did this to about three sheep, got little red hearts on all three of them. That was yesterday.

Today, I just went out to try and reproduce it, and I can't. Obviously I'm crazy, ignore me on this one. Sorry for the confusion.
Wuzzy wrote:And sooner or later Repixture will just become Minetest Game
yeah, I understand your fear there. But I think you are right, a simplified screwdriver to rotate the few nodes that need it would probably make some players happy.

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

Just an FYI, I also dislike the idea of villagers requiring a book to trade, but at the time (0.4.13) I remember not being able to create detatched inventories so the book is just a way to get the formspec inventory to work correctly. It's totally possible that this has changed now, so feel free to change this if you can find a satisfactory fix for this.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Xudo

by Xudo » Post

I think that MTG screwdriver is very inconvenient. What about of 3 tools. Each one will rotate in its own dimension.

Regarding trade book. I think it is unique feature. Lets keep it. I don't see any reason to trade anyway.
I could trade more in case of narrow specialisation. For example: I usually mine caves, but sometimes I need wood. Then I go to village and trade mined material for wood.
But it should work in opposite direction. If I like to travel and gather things on surface, I should be able to trade surface materials for underground ones.

Amoeba
GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Post

Thanks, this is a nice simple game with just enough differences to the default game to give inspiration to modders.

The biggest irritation for me is no boats. Finding villages is a lot harder when swimming is so slow (and you sink much more quickly than in normal minetest).

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

2020-01-04 18:23:08: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'bed' in callback environment_Step(): ...e_wolf/minetest/bin/../games/repixture/mods/bed/init.lua:216: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)
2020-01-04 18:23:08: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-01-04 18:23:08: ERROR[Main]: 	...e_wolf/minetest/bin/../games/repixture/mods/bed/init.lua:216: in function <...e_wolf/minetest/bin/../games/repixture/mods/bed/init.lua:199>
2020-01-04 18:23:08: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/lone_wolf/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function </home/lone_wolf/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:413>
2020-01-04 18:23:08: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Should stone_with_lumien be dropping lumien blocks?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Amoeba
GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Post

So, played a bit more, have collected almost all achievements and moved to a village away from the starting point. On the whole, a really nice game. Also, some feedback:

Bugs:
  • Lumien can blink on and off if you're right the at edge of it's detection area. This seems to happen if you're at a diagonal to the square it's in.
  • Since swamp water and normal water don't merge, they interact in strange ways when spreading after falling side by side. This one might be difficult to fix...
Problems:
  • The biggest irritation was not understanding that you need to feed animals multiple times for taming caused some irritation. Maybe add some NPC dialogue to lasso text? ("Remember to feed them enough first.")
  • After trying to guess the Source of Jewels, got tired and looked at the source code. Ok, so, giant birch trees? Searched through some, nothing. Check source code again: says chance is 1 in 11³ = 1331... Ok, if that's for each tree node, sure, bad luck. If that's per tree, it's way too rare. This could also be a addition to NPC text if you show them a jewel.
  • Apparently, small animals can jump a lot higher than a fence, which makes keeping them captive a bit hard. Found this out after breeding a pig...
Features (yeah, I know these are unlikely. Still...)
  • As I noted earlier, boats for faster travel would be appreciated. I can try to see if just using the default with changing the recipe and texture would be enough.
  • Gates for fences would be nice for animal handling. No idea if they've been implemented anywhere.
  • An alternative Rope recipe from other materials would be nice, since finding dry grass areas isn't always easy, and even then there isn't that much dry grass to be collected. (Digging rows of dirt to collect dry grass works ok, I guess.) Therefore, I added the following to crafting/recipes.lua:

crafting.register_craft(
   {
      output = "default:rope 3",
      items = {
         "group:fuzzy 3",
         "default:fiber 2",
      }
})
Other notes:
  • Seconded: fiber is a nice addition, and I'm definitely adding it if I create a game.
  • Seconded: The crafting system is easier than normal minetest; I'm definitely on the fence whether to use this or the row-and-column layout. (Though the fact that you can't have identical inputs could maybe cause some problems.)
  • Emergent feature: I found that the best way to travel is to create 1-block towers with ladder on 1 side and small platform on top, height 100-200 blocks. Then run and glide with a parachute! Especially useful for crossing large water areas.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Lumien can blink on and off if you're right the at edge of it's detection area. This seems to happen if you're at a diagonal to the square it's in.
I have been unable to reproduce it, sadly.
Since swamp water and normal water don't merge, they interact in strange ways when spreading after falling side by side. This one might be difficult to fix...
Liquid interaction is done by Minetest, so it's a bug in Minetest.
After trying to guess the Source of Jewels,
It's meant to be a secret, and a surprise. :-)
Apparently, small animals can jump a lot higher than a fence, which makes keeping them captive a bit hard. Found this out after breeding a pig...
Valid.
Gates for fences would be nice for animal handling. No idea if they've been implemented anywhere.
Valid idea. Not implemented yet.
As I noted earlier, boats for faster travel would be appreciated. I can try to see if just using the default with changing the recipe and texture would be enough.
Yeah. The idea is to eventually add a means of faster land travel as well.

An alternative Rope recipe from other materials would be nice, since finding dry grass areas isn't always easy, and even then there isn't that much dry grass to be collected.
Maybe.

Note that Repixture development is on hold. Maybe I'll pick it up later again, for more gameplay depth.

The main idea I have for the future of Repixture to extend the gameplay depth while retaining a simple set of rules. This means basically more content, more biomes, more ores, more things to craft, more stuff to explore. But only simple stuff. Overcomplex things like mesecons won't become a part of this game.

Remember Repixture started only as a revival of Pixture to make it work for MT v5. And currently this project does not have a priority.

Thanks for your comments.

Hugues Ross
Developer
GitHub: Df458

by Hugues Ross » Post

Hello, I've been working on adding Repixture support to my texture pack but I've encountered an issue. Papyrus nodes in Repixture use the same texture and name as in MTG, but are rendered as a nodebox and expect their texture to be drawn in a specific manner. This means that any texture pack that isn't using this particular format already has to either retroactively change their textures, or not support one of the two games. Since the nodes are named the same, it's also impossible to fix this issue via overrides.txt.

Is there any chance you could pick a different name (something like default_papyrus_side.png maybe) to ensure that texture packs can more easily remain compatible with both games?

Wuzzy

Version 1.1.3 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.1.3 released!
  • Renamed “Heated Dirt Path” to “Glowing Dirt Path”
  • Fix falling nodes not being updated by TNT
  • Add alternative craft for glowing dirt path
  • Add missing doors in creative inventory
  • Don't remove door when placing it in Creative Mode
  • Play placement sound when placing door
  • Make item entities glow if they are a light source block
  • Rename papyrus node texture from “default_papyrus.png” to “default_papyrus_repixture.png”