[Game] Dwarves [dwarves] [github]

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Mito551 wrote:good luck with that.
thanks also if you look in my mod topic i have posted pics of them.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

alright. getting to 1.0 soon. one big update remaining, but this one isn't small either.
this one hold the 0.4.6 update with all kinds of bronze stuff.
new ore generation and hurting methods.
what is more, there's a healing wand!(that doesn't work because of 3darmor, it'll be fixed by the nest update)

but i know that none care about what i post here.
Last edited by Mito551 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Mito551 wrote:but i know that none care about what i post here.
Aw. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

0gb.us wrote:
Aw. I'm sorry you feel that way.
oh. uhmm... wow! thanks. i... i really appreciate it. i never expected anyone to answer. thanks.

Talkless

by Talkless » Post

Mito551 wrote: but i know that none care about what i post here.
Wrong :)

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

You have 15k topic views in 7 months. Come on. :P It's almost the highest rate of views on this forum that you can achieve with a single topic.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Excuse me, but this is the most featureful and decent game for minetest about here.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

thank you very much... i just didn't know you really all liked it. it didn't look like you did

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

A lot of people like myself don't post a lot but I still roam the forum reading most everything and don't always have something to say.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

ashenk69 wrote:A lot of people like myself don't post a lot but I still roam the forum reading most everything and don't always have something to say.
i figured that but... alright, you have a point

clarksallador

by clarksallador » Post

Thats one great game ^.^ but im experiencing a bug like i cannot kill a mob.
Last edited by clarksallador on Fri Apr 12, 2013 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

clarksallador wrote:Thats one great game ^.^ but im experiencing a bug like i cannot kill a mob.
oh, i think i know that one. i'll update it later today and evetything should be fine

UPD: now, try the 0.9.9.19
Last edited by Mito551 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

OH MY GOD.
FINALLY.

GITHUB REPOSITORY!!!
https://github.com/mito551/dwarves_game

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

Mito551 wrote:GITHUB REPOSITORY!!!

Srsly, you must be kidding when posting at my topics!
Mito551 wrote:would you please remind me... why do you play minetest?

You asked ME?! why i am playing Minetest? In your game you have kinda every mod installed, that implements things from Minecraft:
boats, carts, drowning, gemalde, farming, hatches, item_drop, mesecons, mobs, signs, WORKBENCH, xbar, xfences

So, Mito551, a explanation for your acting would be really nice.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

BlockMen wrote:
Mito551 wrote:GITHUB REPOSITORY!!!
Srsly, you must be kidding when posting at my topics!
Mito551 wrote:would you please remind me... why do you play minetest?

You asked ME?! why i am playing Minetest? In your game you have kinda every mod installed, that implements things from Minecraft:
boats, carts, drowning, gemalde, farming, hatches, item_drop, mesecons, mobs, signs, WORKBENCH, xbar, xfences

So, Mito551, a explanation for your acting would be really nice.
so, here's the thing. you don't see the essence of the game. i mean of the dwarves game. the idea was to improve the game as much as possible while creating a second standard. and i was doing my best at doing so
jordan4ibanez wrote: Please ignore this guy, he is an anti-minecraft extremist. LOL.
that's a bit exaggerated truth. i oppose minecraft in many ways, but i'm trying to be objective. i admit that some features are neat, but overall game isn't. also, i try my best at implementing mc features in a different way.
for example, minecraft never had alloys. but i created a somewhat reasonable tools and materials hierarchy, something minetest didn't have (at least as of ~0.4.1)
then, if you go over the mods, look closer, you will see different ways of implementation:
carts: simply powered by mesecons. nothing exsessive.
drowning: no hud. more realism/challenge
gemalde: really different from minecrap + animations
farming: different kinds of plants, weeds, etc
item_drop is configurable. you can turn it on or off. in mc you can't. (disabled by default)
mesecons: here your argument may be true, i haven't changed it so much, neither did Jeija. but it still is got from mese, whereas mese is crafted.
mobs: you just can't have fun without mobs.
signs: it's just more reasonable to have them this way. more logical.
workbench has 4x4 and 5x5 grid for weapons you can craft.
xbar. oh wow, thanks, i haven't noticed it's useless until now.
xfences: i'm working on making them a bit different from minecrap, therefore fun. thanks, 0gb.us :)

so?
Last edited by Mito551 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Mito551 wrote: that's a bit exaggerated truth. i oppose minecraft in many ways, but i'm trying to be objective. i admit that some features are neat, but overall game isn't. also, i try my best at implementing mc features in a different way.
for example, minecraft never had alloys. but i created a somewhat reasonable tools and materials hierarchy, something minetest didn't have (at least as of ~0.4.1)
then, if you go over the mods, look closer, you will see different ways of implementation:
carts: simply powered by mesecons. nothing exsessive.
drowning: no hud. more realism/challenge
gemalde: really different from minecrap + animations
farming: different kinds of plants, weeds, etc
item_drop is configurable. you can turn it on or off. in mc you can't. (disabled by default)
mesecons: here your argument may be true, i haven't changed it so much, neither did Jeija. but it still is got from mese, whereas mese is crafted.
mobs: you just can't have fun without mobs.
signs: it's just more reasonable to have them this way. more logical.
workbench has 4x4 and 5x5 grid for weapons you can craft.
xbar. oh wow, thanks, i haven't noticed it's useless until now.
xfences: i'm working on making them a bit different from minecrap, therefore fun. thanks, 0gb.us :)

so?
are you serious? the only thing you have shown is that the mods differ from original mc. tell me ONE mod here,
that implements something 100% like in mc...

but the main point is: you create the impression that you are anti-minecraft and just Minetest addicted. But that you are using these mods shows, that you are not and thats why you should not critize other ppl for adapting features of Minecraft.

And if you want criticize something in my mods, then you are welcome to do this, no problem! but please stop posting strange questions/comments like that. if you want talk about the general relation of Minetest and Minecraft, then do this in one of the endless topics about that, but not at the mods topics.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

BlockMen wrote: are you serious? the only thing you have shown is that the mods differ from original mc. tell me ONE mod here,
that implements something 100% like in mc...

but the main point is: you create the impression that you are anti-minecraft and just Minetest addicted. But that you are using these mods shows, that you are not and thats why you should not critize other ppl for adapting features of Minecraft.

And if you want criticize something in my mods, then you are welcome to do this, no problem! but please stop posting strange questions/comments like that. if you want talk about the general relation of Minetest and Minecraft, then do this in one of the endless topics about that, but not at the mods topics.
well... you mod basically does.

you don't get the point at all. all i want is to play a good and free (not as free of charge) game. and not being criticized for it. if minecraft was giving me the opportunities minetest gives - i would play minecraft. it's quite simple. much simpler than you think it is and what you're trying to make.

lol, butthurt.
that wasn't even a question. the more appropriate way to ask you would be: why don't you play minecrap?

PS. Excuse me for my behaviour, if it seriously offends you in any way, but I'm just tired of being nice, while others are jerks to me. For some justice, not everyone are jerks, not at all.
Last edited by Mito551 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Mito551 wrote: well... you mod basically does.
No, it is also not 100% like in MC.
Mito551 wrote: you don't get the point at all. all i want is to play a good and free (not as free of charge) game. and not being criticized for it. if minecraft was giving me the opportunities minetest gives - i would play minecraft. it's quite simple. much simpler than you think it is and what you're trying to make.

lol, butthurt.
that wasn't even a question. the more appropriate way to ask you would be: why don't you play minecrap?
Why i don't play Minecraft? It easy to say: I don't like the community, I don't like the engine, I don't like the way of modding, etc...

And I agree with that
all i want is to play a good and free (not as free of charge) game.
But that doesn't mean, that it is "stupid", "bad" or w/e when Minetest also has feature of Minecraft. And just for the report:
celeron55 on IRC wrote:minetest is a boring MC clone so we're talking about world politics
(http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest/2013-04-17#i_3026339). Ofc that was mainly a joke, but Mintest "inspired by InfiniMiner, Minecraft and the like"...

PS: Don't take it personal, i just don't get why you post things like that always at my mods. So if you want a general discussion, im in. But plz not on mod topics; ->so i apologize that we discuss that on your game topic now. But i didnt want that unspoken.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

BlockMen wrote:
Mito551 wrote: well... you mod basically does.
No, it is also not 100% like in MC.
Mito551 wrote: you don't get the point at all. all i want is to play a good and free (not as free of charge) game. and not being criticized for it. if minecraft was giving me the opportunities minetest gives - i would play minecraft. it's quite simple. much simpler than you think it is and what you're trying to make.

lol, butthurt.
Why i don't play Minecraft? It easy to say: I don't like the community, I don't like the engine, I don't like the way of modding, etc...

And I agree with that
all i want is to play a good and free (not as free of charge) game.
But that doesn't mean, that it is "stupid", "bad" or w/e when Minetest also has feature of Minecraft. And just for the report:
celeron55 on IRC wrote:minetest is a boring MC clone so we're talking about world politics
(http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest/2013-04-17#i_3026339). Ofc that was mainly a joke, but Mintest "inspired by InfiniMiner, Minecraft and the like"...

PS: Don't take it personal, i just don't get why you post things like that always at my mods. So if you want a general discussion, im in. But plz not on mod topics; ->so i apologize that we discuss that on your game topic now. But i didnt want that unspoken.
so, you say, you don't like everyrthing that surrounds the game, so you come to another game and rebuild it to be like the game you left?

i don't say that everything mc has is bullshit. that's why i added all these features.

that's actually okay, because not so many people come here anyway. you could have PM'd me though

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Mito551 wrote: so, you say, you don't like everyrthing that surrounds the game, so you come to another game and rebuild it to be like the game you left?

i don't say that everything mc has is bullshit. that's why i added all these features.

that's actually okay, because not so many people come here anyway. you could have PM'd me though
..."I don't like the engine, I don't like the way of modding, etc..."

Thats no surrounding, thats the game. What you mean is the gameplay, which is in your opinion also kinda umm...improvable.
And thats why you use all that mods (see list above). And that these mods dont implement the mc features 100% doesnt matter, they implement the mc features (less or more good).

So to sum up: I don't want make Minetest = Minecraft. What i really love at Minetest is, that everyone can do (nearly) everything with Minetest. With the way of modding you can create the game you want, it is (nearly) all possible.

My mods are just adding the possibility to add a few (imo nice) Mc features, that doesnt mean that i want rebuild Minecraft. Or have you seen any pull request of me for "common" or "minetest_game" to make "my evil plan" become reality? :P

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

I 100% agree with BlockMen.

Minetest is a Minecraft clone. Thats a fact.
Of course we dont copy everything from MC, but its the general direction. So thinks like spaceships or battle tanks are not added to Minetest.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

I got this feeling that there's an argument about literally nothing. I am making the game that I want it to be. You make it want you want it to be.
I'm just also insisting on adding it to the default (without replacing anything) so that people can see the possibilities. Also it would cool to add realtest and minetest-black, when the latter will be more complete

Yes, Adam, I know you don't like me
Last edited by Mito551 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Mito551 wrote:I am making the game that I want it to be. You make it want you want it to be.
And if you stop posting this strange and absolute useless questions/comments at my mods, we are fine ;)

PS: critique of my mod itself is always welcome, but not the "eww...its a mc feature" thing.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

I havent read the whole discussion, just BlockMens last post.
Mito551 wrote:Yes, Adam, I know you don't like me
What?
Last edited by PilzAdam on Sun Apr 21, 2013 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Mito it's time to take a break.
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.