This forum is meant only for game release topics. You may discuss about games in their topics.
Posting a game:
You post your game in WIP Subgames according to these guidelines, and post a request in Topic Move Requests. A moderator will move it into here if the post is correctly formatted. This is because some people provably make crap topics and do not care about the rules at all.
If you already have an old thread for your game, you should fix it according to this and post in Topic Move Requests.
- A [Game] posted in here should include an entire folder that can be dropped into minetest/games/your_game.
- A [Repack] is a collection of mods that are intended to work with minetest_game, or some other game. It should be a modpack that can be dropped into minetest/mods/minetest/your_repack
- [Game] <Game Name>
- [Game] <Game Name> [<version number>]
- [Repack] <Name>
- [Repack] <Repack> [<version number>]
- [Game] SkyBlock [0.1]
- [Repack] Go Play Modpack
- Description of game (can be short or long)
- License of code (preferably LGPLv2.1+ as is Minetest) (must be compatible with LGPLv2.1+ if inclusion to upstream is desired: LGPL, BSD, WTFPL, CC0) (See end of post for more info)
- License of textures and sounds (preferably eg. CC BY, CC BY-SA or WTFPL) (Public Domain is NOT a license.)
- Authors, release topics or websites of all mods in the game or repack (when exists)
- Download link - a .zip file, containing the mod folder(s) (not only the contents of it/them)
- Also, preferably: List of crafting recipes or game wiki and some screenshots
Always do this in the existing topic of the game. It is recommended to update the first post, but leave old download links available if possible, and also post a release notice in the topic.
Any game or content included therein that disallows derivatives cannot be published on this forum. These include CC NoDerivs and pretty much any closed source licenses.
More about licenses
If a game or some part thereof is to be included as an "official" game for Minetest, it's code needs to be relicensable under LGPLv2.1+, and textures/sounds under CC BY-SA, as the main game is released under those licenses. Notably, WTFPL (for anything), BSD (for code) are prefectly compatible with this. Notably LGPLv3 for code is not compatible with this.
Public domain is not allowed as a license because jurisdiction about what "public domain" means varies between countries. Release your work under WTFPL or CC0 instead (or also).