[Game] The Hungry Games [hungry_games] [0.4]

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

For the Halloween map you could use the holidaychest Halloween chest which also looks like a pumpkin to add a better feel to it
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

KingSmarty
GitHub: FsxShader2012
In-game: FsxShader2012

by KingSmarty » Post

Code: Select all

VERBOSE[main]: error_message = ServerError: LuaError: error: ...in\..\games\hungry_games\mods\random_chests\init.lua:122: bad argument #1 to 'get_node' (table expected, got nil)
I played a Hungry Games Map and that's what i got. The good thing: No segfault ;)

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

KingSmarty wrote:

Code: Select all

VERBOSE[main]: error_message = ServerError: LuaError: error: ...in\..\games\hungry_games\mods\random_chests\init.lua:122: bad argument #1 to 'get_node' (table expected, got nil)
I played a Hungry Games Map and that's what i got. The good thing: No segfault ;)
Fixed. Download the latest version from github for the fix.
Chinchow wrote:For the Halloween map you could use the holidaychest Halloween chest which also looks like a pumpkin to add a better feel to it
Thanks for the idea but as they are not the default chests they wont refill, it would be too complicated to do at the moment.
KingSmarty wrote:Is ist normal that you can only Mine Wood?
Yes, I am still thinking on what blocks you can mine and what blocks you can't... any suggestions?
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

only leaves and clay
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

KingSmarty

by KingSmarty » Post

@Blizard:
Stone and Minerals would be great because you Aren't able right now to make advanced tools and the wood tools suck.

I am also currently working on another map for the hungry games. It will require moreblocks, moreores and gloopores. Stay tuned for the release.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

I think there should be a redo on what is in chests. It should be mostly crafting materials. Also we shouldn't be able to place blocks. Finally you should add armor mod. The one that uses inven+, more ores,titanium,diamond
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Splizard

by Splizard » Post

I have removed the ability to dig wood and things and allowed walkable nodes to be dug such as leaves and junglegrass.
You can no longer place cobblestone and wood that you get from chests as they have been switched with craftitems.
Also leaves are now climbable so you can climb trees. When I add armour mod I will release 0.4 of The Hungry Games.
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

KingSmarty

by KingSmarty » Post

Splizard wrote:I have removed the ability to dig wood and things and allowed walkable nodes to be dug such as leaves and junglegrass.
You can no longer place cobblestone and wood that you get from chests as they have been switched with craftitems.
Also leaves are now climbable so you can climb trees. When I add armour mod I will release 0.4 of The Hungry Games.
Ok agrred but could you please say me where i can change what i can mine?

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

KingSmarty wrote:
Splizard wrote:I have removed the ability to dig wood and things and allowed walkable nodes to be dug such as leaves and junglegrass.
Ok agrred but could you please say me where i can change what i can mine?
KingSmarty! Why have you not been on redcrab's server for so long?
Back from the dead!

Splizard

by Splizard » Post

0.4 is now out!
Now includes armour, cannon sounds and a match countdown.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Someone needs to have a 24/7 server for this
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Just a suggestion: how about including my survival_modpack instead of drowning+hunger?
Survival Modpack is a somewhat complete rewrite of those mods, fixing some bugs, and adding thirst, and a suit that allows you to dive in lava.
Last edited by kaeza on Mon Mar 11, 2013 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Splizard

by Splizard » Post

kaeza wrote:Just a suggestion: how about including my survival_modpack instead of drowning+hunger?
Survival Modpack is a somewhat complete rewrite of those mods, fixing some bugs, and adding thirst, and a suit that allows you to dive in lava.
Ok sounds good I'll have a look at your mod.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Any news?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Splizard

by Splizard » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Any news?
No not really, as there are no servers using this game that I know of, it is is on hold at the moment. Most of the main features are in-place and without a server it is hard to figure out what to add/improve. I am unable to make big changes to any of my Minetest projects during the next month, I will only be able to make urgent changes (bugfixes).

tonibm

by tonibm » Post

Maybe I'll host a hunger games server, but, some questions:
Is it compatible with 0.4.4?
Does it have autostart and autoend?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Yes it does. Look in the first post for specifics.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

asterissco

by asterissco » Post

Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

why C55 he didnt make this.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

asterissco

by asterissco » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:

Beacuse celeron55 make MineTest..

Splizard

by Splizard » Post

what permissions are you missing? If you run the command /privs from the chatbox does it say you have hg_admin and hg_maker? (those are the ones you need) The hungry_games game removes interact by default until a game is started. If you want to edit the map and you have the hg_maker priv.then you can run the /build command to get interact. When you have the hg_admin permission you can start and stop games, set where payers spawn and etc (see the commands list on the topic post).

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

asterissco wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:

Beacuse celeron55 make MineTest..
if I had a dime for every time someone said thank you to C55 then I would have money
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

asterissco

by asterissco » Post

Splizard wrote:

what permissions are you missing? If you run the command /privs from the chatbox does it say you have hg_admin and hg_maker? (those are the ones you need) The hungry_games game removes interact by default until a game is started. If you want to edit the map and you have the hg_maker priv.then you can run the /build command to get interact. When you have the hg_admin permission you can start and stop games, set where payers spawn and etc (see the commands list on the topic post).
Hello,

Privileges for asterissco: vote shout register fly fast

Thans!

Splizard

by Splizard » Post

asterissco wrote:
Splizard wrote:

Hello,

Privileges for asterissco: vote shout register fly fast

Thans!
While the server is off, add hg_maker and hg_admin to your user in auth.conf.
I forgot to mention that if you want to dig anything with the /build command you have to use the admin pickaxe which is in the creative inventory and looks like a mese pick.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I'm now hosting a Hunger Games Server: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5870
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)