Page 2 of 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 01:29
by jojoa1997
if you try to start a game with 2 people it crashes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 01:30
by 0gb.us
Updated again, more segfaults.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 01:35
by jojoa1997
if i leave in the middle of a hunger games session then it crashes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 01:39
by Splizard
@ jojoa1997
@ 0gb.us
so no errors? just segfaults?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 03:29
by 0gb.us
Right, it's the oddest thing. No helpful error messages, just segfaults.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 03:43
by jojoa1997
could you make the server send messages to all the players that chests have refilled. aslo whenever i eat food my health stays the same

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 06:07
by Splizard
I have added a message when an empty chest is refilled you might have to lower refill rate for chests if they are not refilling. I havn't noticed food not working, it's not lag? If possible can you report bugs/features on guthub? (it makes it easier to manage/track).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:06
by jojoa1997
Splizard wrote:I have added a message when an empty chest is refilled you might have to lower refill rate for chests if they are not refilling. I havn't noticed food not working, it's not lag? If possible can you report bugs/features on guthub? (it makes it easier to manage/track).

ok how do i do that? also i ate 17 apples, 2 loaves, 5 buns, and 3 bread with no health increase

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 22:49
by 0gb.us
14:47:19: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...ames/hungry_games-master/mods/random_chests/init.lua:22: attempt to call global 'get_meta' (a nil value)


An actual error, that can actually be fixed. Not a segfault this time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 01:02
by 0gb.us
17:00:55: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...mes/hungry_games-master/mods/hungry_games/engine.lua:45: attempt to index global 'inv' (a nil value)


Another error message. Yay, no segfaults!

EDIT: Another

18:53:45: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...ames/hungry_games-master/mods/random_chests/init.lua:23: bad argument #1 to 'is_empty' (string expected, got no value)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 05:13
by Splizard
heh, never thought I'd be happy to see a error message XD
Both errors should be fixed now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 08:27
by 0gb.us
Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 02:53
by 0gb.us
18:52:37: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...mes/hungry_games-master/mods/hungry_games/engine.lua:54: attempt to call global 'stop_game' (a nil value)


I've got another one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 02:56
by jojoa1997
0gb.us wrote:
18:52:37: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...mes/hungry_games-master/mods/hungry_games/engine.lua:54: attempt to call global 'stop_game' (a nil value)


I've got another one.
sorry that was my fault. i had done /hg start with only me. also 0gb please update this on the server.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 05:45
by 0gb.us
Splizard, in game you mentioned that all the segfaulting might be because you are developing this using the dev version, but we are running it on the stable version. We set up a temporary test environment using the dev version, and we segfaulted a couple more times. I have no idea how this game is causing segfaults as opposed to Lua errors, but the dev/stable thing isn't the issue.

Without error messages though, I'm not sure what to do. Other worlds on the same server never segfault, so there must be something in this game doing it. I'm going to start pulling out random plugins and waiting for another segfault. Maybe we can at least narrow down where the error is a little.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 05:59
by Splizard
0gb.us wrote:Splizard, in game you mentioned that all the segfaulting might be because you are developing this using the dev version, but we are running it on the stable version. We set up a temporary test environment using the dev version, and we segfaulted a couple more times. I have no idea how this game is causing segfaults as opposed to Lua errors, but the dev/stable thing isn't the issue.

Without error messages though, I'm not sure what to do. Other worlds on the same server never segfault, so there must be something in this game doing it. I'm going to start pulling out random plugins and waiting for another segfault. Maybe we can at least narrow down where the error is a little.

Thanks for looking into it 0gb.us.
I have been looking into it myself and I think I might have fixed the segfaulting now, If so it was something to do with the minetest.auth_reload() function. If you could confirm that the segfaults no longer happen, It would be appreciated.
I will also report a bug against minetest if that is the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 20:30
by 0gb.us
Wonderful! Updating now.

That would explain why it doesn't happen on other games I run, as there normally isn't a reason to reload that file.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 02:11
by 0gb.us
We haven't been running it long, but by now, it would have segfaulted a couple dozen times with the old version. I think you indeed found the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 03:21
by Splizard
shortstop824 wrote:There is an error when I try to play. What do I do?

Are you still having the error? If so what is it?

0gb.us wrote:We haven't been running it long, but by now, it would have segfaulted a couple dozen times with the old version. I think you indeed found the problem.

Alright thanks I will release a stable version of the game,
I am going on holiday tomorrow for a week and so hungry_games development will be put on hold till I get back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 13:31
by jojoa1997
Could you add pics to show a preview of your pure built maps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 15:40
by Nunnonator98
i am having trouble using the spawn player
/hg set player_*, help please

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 15:43
by jojoa1997
use /hg set player_#
instead of actaully putting # you put a NUMBER like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...
after they are set you use /register to be able to play in the games

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 16:30
by Nunnonator98
ok thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 23:20
by Splizard
jojoa1997 wrote:Could you add pics to show a preview of your pure built maps

Here you go
Default:
Image
Halloween:
Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 20:20
by KingSmarty
Is ist normal that you can only Mine Wood?