[Game] The Hungry Games [hungry_games] [0.4]

User avatar
Chinchow
Member
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 21:37

by Chinchow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 22:27

For the Halloween map you could use the holidaychest Halloween chest which also looks like a pumpkin to add a better feel to it
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests
 

User avatar
KingSmarty
Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06
Location: Germany
GitHub: FsxShader2012
In-game: FsxShader2012

by KingSmarty » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58

Code: Select all
VERBOSE[main]: error_message = ServerError: LuaError: error: ...in\..\games\hungry_games\mods\random_chests\init.lua:122: bad argument #1 to 'get_node' (table expected, got nil)

I played a Hungry Games Map and that's what i got. The good thing: No segfault ;)
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 23:45

KingSmarty wrote:
Code: Select all
VERBOSE[main]: error_message = ServerError: LuaError: error: ...in\..\games\hungry_games\mods\random_chests\init.lua:122: bad argument #1 to 'get_node' (table expected, got nil)

I played a Hungry Games Map and that's what i got. The good thing: No segfault ;)

Fixed. Download the latest version from github for the fix.

Chinchow wrote:For the Halloween map you could use the holidaychest Halloween chest which also looks like a pumpkin to add a better feel to it

Thanks for the idea but as they are not the default chests they wont refill, it would be too complicated to do at the moment.

KingSmarty wrote:Is ist normal that you can only Mine Wood?

Yes, I am still thinking on what blocks you can mine and what blocks you can't... any suggestions?
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 00:30

only leaves and clay
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
KingSmarty
Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06
Location: Germany
GitHub: FsxShader2012
In-game: FsxShader2012

by KingSmarty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 13:13

@Blizard:
Stone and Minerals would be great because you Aren't able right now to make advanced tools and the wood tools suck.

I am also currently working on another map for the hungry games. It will require moreblocks, moreores and gloopores. Stay tuned for the release.
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 13:18

I think there should be a redo on what is in chests. It should be mostly crafting materials. Also we shouldn't be able to place blocks. Finally you should add armor mod. The one that uses inven+, more ores,titanium,diamond
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:14

I have removed the ability to dig wood and things and allowed walkable nodes to be dug such as leaves and junglegrass.
You can no longer place cobblestone and wood that you get from chests as they have been switched with craftitems.
Also leaves are now climbable so you can climb trees. When I add armour mod I will release 0.4 of The Hungry Games.
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
KingSmarty
Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06
Location: Germany
GitHub: FsxShader2012
In-game: FsxShader2012

by KingSmarty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53

Splizard wrote:I have removed the ability to dig wood and things and allowed walkable nodes to be dug such as leaves and junglegrass.
You can no longer place cobblestone and wood that you get from chests as they have been switched with craftitems.
Also leaves are now climbable so you can climb trees. When I add armour mod I will release 0.4 of The Hungry Games.


Ok agrred but could you please say me where i can change what i can mine?
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 23:57

KingSmarty wrote:
Splizard wrote:I have removed the ability to dig wood and things and allowed walkable nodes to be dug such as leaves and junglegrass.
You can no longer place cobblestone and wood that you get from chests as they have been switched with craftitems.
Also leaves are now climbable so you can climb trees. When I add armour mod I will release 0.4 of The Hungry Games.


Ok agrred but could you please say me where i can change what i can mine?

KingSmarty! Why have you not been on redcrab's server for so long?
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Sun Mar 10, 2013 22:30

0.4 is now out!
Now includes armour, cannon sounds and a match countdown.
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 23:03

Someone needs to have a 24/7 server for this
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Mon Mar 11, 2013 00:43

Just a suggestion: how about including my survival_modpack instead of drowning+hunger?
Survival Modpack is a somewhat complete rewrite of those mods, fixing some bugs, and adding thirst, and a suit that allows you to dive in lava.
Last edited by kaeza on Mon Mar 11, 2013 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Mon Mar 11, 2013 04:18

kaeza wrote:Just a suggestion: how about including my survival_modpack instead of drowning+hunger?
Survival Modpack is a somewhat complete rewrite of those mods, fixing some bugs, and adding thirst, and a suit that allows you to dive in lava.

Ok sounds good I'll have a look at your mod.
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 03:52

Any news?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 04:48

jojoa1997 wrote:Any news?

No not really, as there are no servers using this game that I know of, it is is on hold at the moment. Most of the main features are in-place and without a server it is hard to figure out what to add/improve. I am unable to make big changes to any of my Minetest projects during the next month, I will only be able to make urgent changes (bugfixes).
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

tonibm
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 13:56

by tonibm » Tue Apr 16, 2013 19:20

Maybe I'll host a hunger games server, but, some questions:
Is it compatible with 0.4.4?
Does it have autostart and autoend?
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 19:59

Yes it does. Look in the first post for specifics.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

asterissco
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 20:41

by asterissco » Wed Apr 24, 2013 01:17

Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 01:53

asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.
why C55 he didnt make this.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

asterissco
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 20:41

by asterissco » Wed Apr 24, 2013 01:58

jojoa1997 wrote:
asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.
why C55 he didnt make this.



Beacuse celeron55 make MineTest..
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 02:31

asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.

what permissions are you missing? If you run the command /privs from the chatbox does it say you have hg_admin and hg_maker? (those are the ones you need) The hungry_games game removes interact by default until a game is started. If you want to edit the map and you have the hg_maker priv.then you can run the /build command to get interact. When you have the hg_admin permission you can start and stop games, set where payers spawn and etc (see the commands list on the topic post).
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 03:02

asterissco wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.
why C55 he didnt make this.



Beacuse celeron55 make MineTest..
if I had a dime for every time someone said thank you to C55 then I would have money
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

asterissco
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 20:41

by asterissco » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:23

Splizard wrote:
asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.

what permissions are you missing? If you run the command /privs from the chatbox does it say you have hg_admin and hg_maker? (those are the ones you need) The hungry_games game removes interact by default until a game is started. If you want to edit the map and you have the hg_maker priv.then you can run the /build command to get interact. When you have the hg_admin permission you can start and stop games, set where payers spawn and etc (see the commands list on the topic post).


Hello,

Privileges for asterissco: vote shout register fly fast

Thans!
 

User avatar
Splizard
Member
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:20
Location: New Zealand
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 21:57

asterissco wrote:
Splizard wrote:
asterissco wrote:Hello,

I try to run a server with this game but i havent permissions, but the admin user in auth.conf have "all,hg_config". I can't do anything. When I enter in the game ther ser dont register my user in worlds/default/players.

Thanks to c55 and Splizard for this games.

what permissions are you missing? If you run the command /privs from the chatbox does it say you have hg_admin and hg_maker? (those are the ones you need) The hungry_games game removes interact by default until a game is started. If you want to edit the map and you have the hg_maker priv.then you can run the /build command to get interact. When you have the hg_admin permission you can start and stop games, set where payers spawn and etc (see the commands list on the topic post).


Hello,

Privileges for asterissco: vote shout register fly fast

Thans!


While the server is off, add hg_maker and hg_admin to your user in auth.conf.
I forgot to mention that if you want to dig anything with the /build command you have to use the admin pickaxe which is in the creative inventory and looks like a mese pick.
Games: The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters (Simple Lifts), Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon May 06, 2013 13:39

I'm now hosting a Hunger Games Server: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5870
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

PreviousNext

Return to Game Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests