[Game] Lord Of The Rings [Lord-of-the-Test] [1.2.0]

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Today i will be really happy. Is update day. Few weeks waiting and its here wow.

fishyWET
GitHub: neinwhal
IRC: neinwhal
In-game: neinwhal

by fishyWET » Post

Update: Version 0.1.5
Changelog Here
Read on how to use the potions or armors in the wiki.
Btw, be sure to go to mordor and craft a mithril sword and mithril block. There will be a tiny surprise.
EDIT: Bugfix 0.1.5.1, fixed some tiny bugs.
Last edited by fishyWET on Tue Apr 01, 2014 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

fishyWET wrote:Update: Version 0.1.5
Changelog Here
Read on how to use the potions or armors in the wiki.
Btw, be sure to go to mordor and craft a mithril sword and mithril block. There will be a tiny surprise.
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/ass ... cdc153.png
EDIT: Bugfix 0.1.5.1, fixed some tiny bugs.
Amazing and funny :D. Chicken can be killed only with hand ? And
wooden pickaxe can break stone too fast. That new models are awesome :O
Last edited by AMMOnym on Wed Apr 02, 2014 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Version 0.1.5 and 0.1.5.1 April Fool's Joke
First of all, i wish you a late Happy April Fool's Day. During that day itself, version 0.1.5 and 0.1.5.1 were published which were meant to be a combination of serious update (basically all documented in "changelog" and some jokes.)
Below is a list of all of the April Fool's Joke;
  • Mobs like Uruk Hai, Orcs and Battle Trolls, basically the mobs that spawn in Mordor, have troll faces
  • Tools are swapped, mithril tools became wood tools and wood tools became mithril tools
  • Mithril Swords shots chickens instead of attacking and the chickens are unkillable unless they drown in water or burn in lava
  • Mordor Mobs gives a item with the description "Trololol" which have no use at all
  • Crafting a mithril block will give you a block with troll faces all over it and the description "Happy April Fool's Day, ~ Lord Of The Test Developers"
The April Fool's Update is going to remain till the next update which is the Anniversary Update, to find out the date of the next update simply look at the first date of the main post. Have fun with the April Fool's Version meanwhile.
Last edited by fishyWET on Fri Apr 04, 2014 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Version 0.1.6 (LOTT 1st Anniversary Special Update)
Changelog

• Find Party Stuff by digging a "LOTT Chest" in LOTT Anniversary Temples which spawn in Mordor!
    Hint: They look like roman structures...
  • Place the Cake on the table and cut it with a cake knife to get 4 cake slices that grants full health each!
  • Get some Party Armor and be fancy and protected at the same time!
  • Get your very own paxel and use it to mine, chop, kill & dig!
All April Fool's Jokes have been removed.
This Anniversary Update will stay until the next special update...
Last edited by fishyWET on Mon Apr 14, 2014 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

You are Gods for me . AWESOME

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

fishyWET wrote:Version 0.1.6 (LOTT 1st Anniversary Special Update)
Changelog

http://i.imgur.com/mhLFqCr.png
  • Find Party Stuff by digging a "LOTT Chest" in LOTT Anniversary Temples which spawn in Mordor!
    Hint: They look like roman structures...
  • Place the Cake on the table and cut it with a cake knife to get 4 cake slices that grants full health each!
  • Get some Party Armor and be fancy and protected at the same time!
  • Get your very own paxel and use it to mine, chop, kill & dig!
All April Fool's Jokes have been removed.
It looks like there is a server for this game. Where is this server?

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Inocudom wrote:It looks like there is a server for this game. Where is this server?
Nah, the picture is taken with multiple minetest windows and a server on my computer. Anyways, this game is currently too laggy to start a server, planning to rewrite lottmapgen with the new version of paragenv7 to improve some performance.
AMMOnym wrote:You are Gods for me . AWESOME
:D
Amaz wrote:If you've not seen this already go here: viewtopic.php?pid=137308#p137308 It should make your day!

fishyWET

Re: [Game]LordOftheRingsGame[LordofTheTest][0.1.6][Beta]

by fishyWET » Post

Update Version 0.1.7 (Easter Day Update)
  • Find Easter Eggs!
  • If you're lucky you may get a bunny egg or easter bunny egg when digging the Easter Eggs!
  • Bunnies Spawn on Easter Eggs!
Thanks to Sokomine & AspireMint for the rabbit model & code and Sapier
for modf which is required for the rabbit to work well.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Good to see the rabbits beeing used :-) AspireMint did a very nice model for them. And this easter addition also seems very decorative. Those eggs ought to be available for other versions of Minetest as well :-)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I would appreciate it if holiday items stay in the mod, even if the holiday is over. You can change how common they are, but do consider leaving them in the mod, at least for creative mode.

fishyWET

Re: [Game]LordOftheRingsGame[LordofTheTest][0.1.7][Beta][Eas

by fishyWET » Post

Inocudom wrote:I would appreciate it if holiday items stay in the mod, even if the holiday is over. You can change how common they are, but do consider leaving them in the mod, at least for creative mode.
The main reason why the stuff are removed is because the holiday update is supposed to be "special" and "unique" if they were to be not removed, and be easily found in the creative inventory, then they wouldn't be special and unique anymore, would they? But if anyone still want those special release/ old release, they can be downloaded easily from here.But don't worry abt this disappearing forever, they will be added into the next same holiday update with some extra stuff :)
Sokomine wrote:Good to see the rabbits beeing used :-) AspireMint did a very nice model for them. And this easter addition also seems very decorative. Those eggs ought to be available for other versions of Minetest as well :-)
The eggs don't really do much expect decoration & food and they mainly represent Easter so i don't really find a need for them to be in other versions of Minetest unless the Minetest developers decided to make festive update.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

This uses a modified paragenv7? i rewrote that mod in voxelmanip form for faster chunk processing, in case you want to switch to that and modify it viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7366

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

paramat wrote:This uses a modified paragenv7? i rewrote that mod in voxelmanip form for faster chunk processing, in case you want to switch to that and modify it viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7366
Yes, i'm already aware of that, but thanks for informing :) It is already planned for the next update. Btw, thanks for rewriting the mod :)

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Inocudom wrote:I would appreciate it if holiday items stay in the mod, even if the holiday is over. You can change how common they are, but do consider leaving them in the mod, at least for creative mode.
Here you go: https://github.com/Amaz1/Lord-of-the-Test/tree/special
As FishyWET said, if we left them in the normal game, then there wouldn't be any point in adding them as "Special Updates" and the creative inventory would get cluttered... But this branch shall keep all of the special updates in. Enjoy!

And I would like to try and host a server at some point, but at the moment, something's going wrong with port forwarding... But I'm going to wait until the mapgen has been rewritten, as it is horrendously slow on singleplayer at the moment.

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Post

Just tried LOTT and it's pretty cool.
Mobs sometimes attack me, sometimes not though.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Mikerhinos wrote:Just tried LOTT and it's pretty cool.
Mikerhinos wrote:Mobs sometimes attack me, sometimes not though.
Some mobs are friendly & did not attack you. However sometimes evil mobs may also hesitate to attack you, that's because of a bug. A fix for it is already planned, but meanwhile the bug already creates an extra feature making not all hostile mobs hostile.

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Post

Some mobs are friendly & did not attack you. However sometimes evil mobs may also hesitate to attack you, that's because of a bug. A fix for it is already planned, but meanwhile the bug already creates an extra feature making not all hostile mobs hostile.[/quote]

Oh so I think that it was the bug one because I guess that orcs in Mordor are not very friendly lol (I spawned in Mordor, surrounded by agressive orcs; I ran until I found some grassland with a hobbit, elves or whatever, then when I came back to Mordor no mob was attacking me.
BTW mobs look pretty cool, but I find them very hard to kill, I have to use like almost 2 stone swords to kill just 1 mob :s

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Mikerhinos wrote:
Some mobs are friendly & did not attack you. However sometimes evil mobs may also hesitate to attack you, that's because of a bug. A fix for it is already planned, but meanwhile the bug already creates an extra feature making not all hostile mobs hostile.
Oh so I think that it was the bug one because I guess that orcs in Mordor are not very friendly lol (I spawned in Mordor, surrounded by agressive orcs; I ran until I found some grassland with a hobbit, elves or whatever, then when I came back to Mordor no mob was attacking me.
BTW mobs look pretty cool, but I find them very hard to kill, I have to use like almost 2 stone swords to kill just 1 mob :s[/quote]
Opps. It shouldn't take two stone swords to kill one mob (Unless it was a big mob). I'll have a look into it when I get a moment...
EDIT: I've had a look, and the stone sword seems to be able to kill 5 or so normal mobs... The only thing I can think of is that you attack a hard to kill mob, or the "deadman" who is impossible to kill...

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Post

It was some sort of bears, can't remember for orcs, I just killed a few that got into my cave while I was mining in it, I turned around and there was one just behind me, had an heart attack lol...then a few others felt.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Mikerhinos wrote:It was some sort of bears, can't remember for orcs, I just killed a few that got into my cave while I was mining in it, I turned around and there was one just behind me, had an heart attack lol...then a few others felt.
I believe the bear you are talking abt is a troll which make caverns their homes.
Amaz wrote:EDIT: I've had a look, and the stone sword seems to be able to kill 5 or so normal mobs... The only thing I can think of is that you attack a hard to kill mob, or the "deadman" who is impossible to kill...
I believe there is a need for us to decrease the wearing of sword a lot lot further.

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Post

Ok so tried it again, found some caves while mining, and yes it looks more like trolls than bears lol.
They are pretty hard to kill, because they are very resistant, and weapons don't "bump" mobs when you hit it, so they always are in close combat.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Mikerhinos wrote:They are pretty hard to kill, because they are very resistant, and weapons don't "bump" mobs when you hit it, so they always are in close combat.
That's the main idea of the mobs; to create hardness in the game so standard mobs have the health of the player while advanced mobs like the troll have way more health, but don't worry for now, very soon the current weapons will look tiny compared to upcoming weapons/ tools. For now, do try out every weapon like battle hammer, battle axe, spear, some of them may prove to be better than sword in combat.

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Post

In fact it would be better IMHO if weapons were bumping mobs like in MC.
Because they just keep going over you and hit you again and again.
I'm not against a bit more difficulty, but it can be a bit annoying if you have to fight a mob and you can't move.

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Okay, I've made it so all weapons have 10 times more durability in the next release.