[Game] Lord Of The Rings [Lord-of-the-Test] [1.2.0]

Chrysolite Azalea
GitHub: ChrysoliteAzalea

Re: [Game] Lord Of The Rings [Lord-of-the-Test] [1.2.0]

by Chrysolite Azalea » Post

Thank you for the game! I wonder, when I started the game, I received 8 elven torches, how are they different from ordinary torches?
cdb_JQUaRqvA1Vho

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

this game is simply fantastic, undoubtedly one of the best games in the minetest, I hope the project is always firm .. it would be interesting items for buildings, who knows some dragons and animals .. anyway it is very worth playing, thanks for this
game :)

civilisedzombie

bugs

by civilisedzombie » Post

I want to show some bugs. The first one is with stamina:
AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'stamina' in callback o
n_joinplayer(): /home/ted/.minetest/games/Lord-of-the-Test-1.2.4/mods/stamina/init.lua:31:
attempt to call method 'get_meta' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/home/ted/.minetest/games/Lord-of-the-Test-1.2.4/mods/stamina/init.lua:31: in function 'stamina_read'
/home/ted/.minetest/games/Lord-of-the-Test-1.2.4/mods/stamina/init.lua:327: in function < /home/ted/.minetest/games/Lord-of-the-Test-1.2.4/mods/stamina/init.lua:323>
/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>

without stamina:
joins, brings up character select screen, then half a second later goes grey(specifically:#808080(hex value))

Chris

by Chris » Post

With Hobbits, the task "A Long Path To Mushrooms" doesn't work. If you eat any kind of mushroom, it isn't countet. (0/99)

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

When I craft a bed, I wait for the night to test it. I sleep in it. On next day, i suicide. I am back at the starter spawn, far from my forest. I teleport back.

I steal a bed from a Gondor Fortress and I do the same. Same again : back to the starter spawn, far from my forest.

HELP?
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

fishyWET
GitHub: neinwhal
IRC: neinwhal
In-game: neinwhal

by fishyWET » Post

Late replies to the various questions, but hopefully others looking for answers might find it useful.
MuffinBiopsy wrote:-snip- I've run into a dead end in my search for mithril and mese, and was hoping I might get some illumination. As a dwarf character, I mined down to close to -800 in my search for mithril, only to later stumble upon a dwarven home with mining books, and learn that this ore occurs between -5 and -100 under the Iron Hills biome. As luck would have it, I was already mining there and so expanded my search. Thousands of mined blocks later I had a massive hall befitting the greatest of dwarves with plenty of other ores to show, but I still found no mithril. I repeated the same task under the Lothlorien biome and Mirkwood looking for mese, but to no avail. -snip-
Mithril and mese do indeed generate at the following regions. I tested their generation, and they are quite a lot rarer than I initially intended.
I toned down their rarity by x10 in the latest version, though these new changes won't apply in already generated areas, you would have to find a newly generated iron hills/angmar (for mithril) & lorien/mirkwood (for mese).
They are still rare but should be a lot easier to find without spending hours mining.
For comparison, here's a screenshot of the changes. The small black chunks are mithril ore blobs. (Before is the one with sparse blobs)
Chrysolite Azalea wrote:I received 8 elven torches, how are they different from ordinary torches?
Elf torches/orc torches aren't different from normal torches. They are just for theming.
civilisedzombie wrote:I want to show some bugs. The first one is with stamina:
Your version of minetest is outdated, please update.
Chris wrote:With Hobbits, the task "A Long Path To Mushrooms" doesn't work. If you eat any kind of mushroom, it isn't countet. (0/99)
Only brown mushrooms works. Added a clarification to the text in the latest version.
JiCeyCraft wrote:I steal a bed from a Gondor Fortress and I do the same. Same again : back to the starter spawn, far from my forest.
Beds in LOTT do not reset your spawn point, it's an intentional choice to make it harder.
If you wish to have such a feature, you can download a separate beds mod or a sethome mod, which should be still compatible with LOTT.

---
Also an update on LOTT itself. I'm currently going through it to update deprecated features, bugs and weird behaviour.
If anyone notices anything that doesn't work properly or seems weird, do contact me via the LOTT discord or IRC or start an issue thread in the git repo. See the main post for links to respective.

Regarding LTTA (LOTT rewrite), since there's hasn't been updates on this for months (and a few years), for those still interested, rest assured that it's still very much being worked on.

Psychoelf

by Psychoelf » Post

Hello,

My son is new to this mod and asked me to find some guidance.

1. We can't figure out how to change races.
2. Also, as the wizard, everyone is always trying to kill him.

Thank you for any help!

fishyWET
GitHub: neinwhal
IRC: neinwhal
In-game: neinwhal

by fishyWET » Post

Psychoelf wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 14:05
1. We can't figure out how to change races.
2. Also, as the wizard, everyone is always trying to kill him.
Hi, both your issues are solved by the latest git.
For (1), I just added a command that allow you to do so;

Code: Select all

/race <playername> <new_race>

^ Requires "privs" privilege.
For (2), it has been fixed a few months ago, but on topic relating to both, I thought you might have wanted to switch from wizard to another race, which wasn't possible before (due to a limitation that has since been rectified), and I have just pushed a fix for it.

Psychoelf

by Psychoelf » Post

Awesome. Thank you for the information. I bought him a book on Lua, so he's been able to read through the code to figure out his other questions.

Keep up the good work!

Ethace10
In-game: Ethace10

by Ethace10 » Post

Try adding: 1% chance that when making rings you get a BIGGER explosion, and maybe that ring (The One Ring). And if you have it then you are invisible when wearing (Nametag disappears too), and you are invincible to all with rings in their inventories.
Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Ethace10

by Ethace10 » Post

And if possible a cart (like the one Frodo was planning to use) to attach to the horses for easier material transport.
Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Ethace10

by Ethace10 » Post

And on a completely unrelated topic: The Nazgul kill the Trolls.

Ethace10

by Ethace10 » Post

And mese is too hard to find.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

Ethace10 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 00:49
Try adding: 1% chance that when making rings you get a BIGGER explosion, and maybe that ring (The One Ring). And if you have it then you are invisible when wearing (Nametag disappears too), and you are invincible to all with rings in their inventories.
IICR, the mod is unfortunately no longer in development.
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...

minjim

by minjim » Post

The game is really good, I hope you support it in the future.
My zodiac sign is Pisces. Do we have female Cancer here? :) From the Pisces compatibility percentage table, you can see that we are the best pair!

LOTR99

by LOTR99 » Post

Ethace10 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 23:13
And mese is too hard to find.
It's not too bad imo, I've found blocks of it underneath lothlorien

SuperStarSonic
GitHub: Python-Sargent
In-game: SuperStarSonic

by SuperStarSonic » Post

Love the game, would love to help, is there any way you would allow me to contribute?

ogee

by ogee » Post

Hi,
can someone please tell me how to cool down hot ringsilver in water? my furnace is under water and the ringsilver is created on top of the furnace. if i pick up the hot ringsilver under water nothing happens :-( thx

Grossam
GitHub: Grossam
IRC: Grossam
In-game: Grossam

by Grossam » Post

Hi ! I'm unable to find a server running LOTT. Can someone help me ?
Gloire à qui, n'ayant pas d'idéal sacro-saint,
Se borne à ne pas trop emmerder ses voisins.