GitHub: neinwhal
IRC: neinwhal
In-game: neinwhal

Re: [Game] LordOftheRingsGame [LordofTheTest] [0.2.5 Beta]

by fishyWET » Post

I apologize for my rather late, late reply,
yaman wrote:but something is bothering me -cut-
Fixed!
Minetestforfun wrote:i don't know what is AnimTicksPerSecond... I suppose ".x" is the texture, but how can i repair it ?
Afaik, it is a additional feature in the models itself, (maybe minetest can't identify this feature? causing this error messages?). Anyways it is harmless, so just ignore it.
@Sunfirel, your suggestions will be taken note of.
@yaman, Sunfirel, Evergreen and everyone else using this game, thanks for your support in this game.

*hint* new potions with potion arrows, hunger, additional block, clothes to wear, and many much more! P.S. freenode irc #lordofthetest
Last edited by fishyWET on Tue Apr 04, 2017 06:39, edited 2 times in total.

EnderDragon8390
In-game: jeff

by EnderDragon8390 » Post

Awesome!

EnderDragon8390
In-game: jeff

by EnderDragon8390 » Post

I can't start the game.

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Error message? Nobody can help if you don't provide the details of what goes wrong... To find that, look for debug.txt in the bin folder, and paste the last 10-20 lines here.
Also, don't double post for things like this, instead, use the edit button!

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This is what this sub-game is like in Freeminer.

MinecraftBoy3
In-game: Oliver_MV

by MinecraftBoy3 » Post

lol

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

The September Release of Lord of the Test!

After a rather long period of quietness, the Lord of the Test sub-game has received an update! The interface has received a total overhaul, with new textures for all the different interfaces! Now you can starve to death from hunger, and need to eat to survive, adding more of a survival element to the game. Also, craft guides in the form of books have been added!

The only recipe you need to know!

Code: Select all

stick stick stick
stick book stick
stick stick stick
Spoiler
Does anyone notice a similarity between Voxelands? ;D
https://github.com/Amaz1/Lord-of-the-Te ... 409.00.zip Download!
https://github.com/Amaz1/Lord-of-the-Te ... ion-140900 Changelog!

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Amaz wrote:The September Release of Lord of the Test!

After a rather long period of quietness, the Lord of the Test sub-game has received an update! The interface has received a total overhaul, with new textures for all the different interfaces! Now you can starve to death from hunger, and need to eat to survive, adding more of a survival element to the game. Also, craft guides in the form of books have been added!

The only recipe you need to know!

stick stick stick
stick book stick
stick stick stick
Spoiler
Does anyone notice a similarity between Voxelands? ;D
https://github.com/Amaz1/Lord-of-the-Te ... 409.00.zip Download!
https://github.com/Amaz1/Lord-of-the-Te ... ion-140900 Changelog!
Do you plan to announce this in the forums of Freeminer too? This sub-game is posted there.

mgl
GitHub: mgl512

Re: [Game] LordOftheRingsGame [LordofTheTest] [1409.00 Beta]

by mgl » Post

Is it normal that tree trunks start to grow 2 to even 5 nodes below the level at which you planted the sapling, destroying the nodes under it in the process ? It looks deliberate in the code but I'm asking anyway...

Very impressive game otherwise.

Edit:
I also noticed that all the wooden planks except default and jungle are not breakable by hand.

Edit 2:
And Rowan tree leaves seem to never drop a sapling unless this line is moved to the bottom of the list (git diff):

diff --git a/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua b/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua
index 2604737..f13c105 100644
--- a/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua
+++ b/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua
@@ -270,9 +270,9 @@ minetest.register_node("lottplants:rowanleaf", {
     drop = {
 	    	max_items = 1,
 		    items = {
-		        { items = {'lottplants:rowanleaf'} },
 		    	{ items = {'lottplants:rowansapling'}, rarity = 20 },
 		    	{ items = {'lottfarming:berries'}, rarity = 200 },
+		       { items = {'lottplants:rowanleaf'} },
 		    }
 	    },
 	sounds = default.node_sound_leaves_defaults(),

Sunfirel
IRC: Sunfirel
In-game: Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

New update is amazing, but why you removed gondorian, elven and other armor? It was nice.
I found BUGS:
-special chests in castles turn into normal when destroyed,
-Unknown Items spawn in generated chests.
Also beds are bugged. I highly recommend using BlockMen's version of beds.

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Sunfirel:
The special armor was removed because there was going to be a total special armor overhaul, but that wasn't able to make it into this release, but the special armors were removed in anticipation of that and never added back. I'll have a look at the chests not dropping special chests. The Unknown Items are the armors, they should have been removed, sorry about that. Beds were never intended to be sleepable, but I think that they will be made sleepable inable in the next update!

mgl:
Yeah, the trees are supposed to have blocks going down for 2-5 nodes as roots of the tree. Wooden planks are deliberately not breakable by hand, the tree nodes are supposed to be as well, but I forgot to add that code! It is mainly to copy the behavior of ores, like you need a stone pickaxe for iron ore, you need a stone axe for alder wood. At least, that is the intended behaviour... I'll have to check that it all works! Thanks for the bugfix, I'll add that in.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

-
Last edited by fishyWET on Tue Apr 04, 2017 06:39, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Wuzzy, I've added that! Sorry about the wait... If you want something added, it's best to either make a pull request or issue on github, because then it's less likely to get lost!

mgl

by mgl » Post

Beech tree leaves won't decay. And they're not members of the "leaves" group either. I checked that the needed decay range is 6. This is the git diff:

diff --git a/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua b/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua
index eb843cd..8cdd5d6 100644
--- a/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua
+++ b/mods/lottplants/nodes.lua
@@ -72,7 +72,7 @@ minetest.register_node("lottplants:beechleaf", {
 	visual_scale = 1.3,
 	tiles = {"lottplants_beechleaf.png"},
 	paramtype = "light",
-	groups = {snappy=3, flammable=2},
+	groups = {snappy=3, leafdecay=6, flammable=2, leaves=1},
 	drop = {
 		max_items = 1,
 		items = {
The chance of a sapling may need to be lowered too for this tree.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

mgl wrote: -cut-
Ah thank you, will add it asap, apparently forgotten abt that :P

Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

Thanks for the explaination. Also, when riding a horse, it looks awful when in 3rd person view. Character is like inside the horse.

Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

I think that LOTT definitely needs new mobs. I suggest wolves for angmar and misty mountains, eagles (flyable?) for misty mountains, and dragons for iron hills. Also, what about a super rare valinor biome, with glowing trees and valar mobs? And when we have special chests, special furnaces should be fine.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Sunfirel wrote:I think that LOTT definitely needs new mobs. I suggest wolves for angmar and misty mountains, eagles (flyable?) for misty mountains, and dragons for iron hills. Also, what about a super rare valinor biome, with glowing trees and valar mobs? And when we have special chests, special furnaces should be fine.
Yes, i am aware the need for new mobs, but you see, mobs also require new models, which the current active development team like me are really bad at making them. So, this hence explains the limited amount of mobs in the game so far. The valinor biome is a great idea! i will consider that, same goes for the special furnaces.
EDIT: and yeah i'm aware of the ugly view when riding at the horse, will look to it.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

I discovered some more bugs:
-I was wearing armor,then quit to menu and came back to game, and armor bar disappeared.
-When putting on my armor, i receive errors like that: could not load image mithril_shield.png, and same for dummy image. Same happens when I quit to menu with armor on, come back to game and open inventory.
-When I have good armor like mithril, the armor bar is very long. When i go to water, it covers the breath bar.
-Armors and clothes don't display in the armor screen, I have to quit inventory and come back again.
@Inocudom
I think it looks interesting, but I thought about something a bit different. I thought about golden and silver trees, and whole tree should glow, not leaves only. And silver tree should drop its saplings and white tree saplings.

aesculap
In-game: Aescu

by aesculap » Post

This is a really great game and I appreciate all the effort you guys have already put into it. I am playing with my two daughters who especially love the various things you can farm and the clothes you can craft (although they'd like more 'girly' clothes recepies :D )

Please do keep up the great work!!

I was wondering how to use the brewer and portion maker for the last few days and up untill now I've just thought I am to dumb to figure out what to use as fuel. Neither in the wiki nor here on the forums does anybody even mention it. So obviously it has to be something pretty straight forward. But today when I was exploring the world I noticed a difference between my brewing barrels (that I have moved from their original position) and my portion maker and those I found inside the "new" structures (that havent been moved, yet). I tested my suspicion and indeed moving changed the interface (see attached screenshots)

I assume this is a bug. Or a feature I don't understand? :D
(I am using version 1409.00)
Attachments
This barrel *has* been moved
This barrel *has* been moved
brewer_moved.jpg (28.37 KiB) Viewed 860 times
This barrel hasn't been moved, yet
This barrel hasn't been moved, yet
brewer_not_moved.jpg (23.99 KiB) Viewed 860 times

mgl

by mgl » Post

Sunfirel wrote:I discovered some more bugs:
[...]
-When I have good armor like mithril, the armor bar is very long. When i go to water, it covers the breath bar.
It happens to me too, with wooden armor that I wear with clothes (Midgewater). Not with wooden armor alone. The armor bar goes beyond its limit as soon as the armor takes damage, at least by falling. It's OK for me as long as its condition doesn't change.

I also have other bugs :

I think the melon of the lottfarming mod is unfinished (file 'mods/lottfarming/melon.lua'). It says it should drop at most 6 items but only 3 are listed. And with only a 1/20 chance for a second seed, it mostly never drops more than one.

I don't understand the papyrus : where should I find and cultivate it in this game ? The function to grow it doesn't correspond to the way the map generator creates it. The map generator creates papyrus of various heights on nodes of water and adds a node of dirt under the water. But the abm that could make it grow ('mods/default/functions.lua') requires a node of dirt or dirt with grass under the papyrus (and some water nearby). Papyrus never grow because they are on water. Even if I put dirt on the water under one of them, an abm will eventually convert the dirt to one of the 10 different types of grasses of the game, none of which with the name "default:dirt_with_grass" that the function that grows papyrus uses.

Maybe it's intended but ents, trolls, half trolls, dwarves and balrogs take no damage in water. Trolls may not take damage in lava either. Although I read the books, I don't remember the lore.

Thumbs up for the boats addition !

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEeRfVWg ... aqtvA3iyfQ
and this is just the beginning :D (no, i don't intend to make lott let's play, but i am intending some other mt stuff)

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Post

Inocudom: Well, i'm glad to see at least someone was aware of glowtest.

Sunfirel: Armor bar issue is a issue i'm aware of, i am working on it right now. For the textures errors, ignore them currently, they do not affect anything at all. For the armor bar disappearing & armor screen only updating after reentering inventory, i did not encounter them yet, so i probably can't help much in fixing them. For golden / silver trees, i'm working on it right now, you guys will get to see a prettier mapgen next update.

aesculap: Thank you. Well, you can expect girly clothes soon enough. As for the brewer & potionmaker interface, it was because the game just had an update with a complete change of interface, the old brewer & potionmaker who were placed there before the update are not updated accordingly ingame yet, as the game still saves their old interface data.

mgl: for the armor bar issue, refer to my reply to sunfirel above. It appear i made a mistake in lottfarming for the max items but the seed drop is intended due to melons supposingly being rare. Noted for the papyrus issue, thanks for reporting it. Yes, it is intended that those mobs do not take damage in water, some goes for trolls not taking damage in lava, no worries about that, you will get to see a new version of the mobs soon enough with research done.

Mito551: well, that was a nice video, i will add a link to it in the front page, but well, according to the inventory appearance, your version is currently outdated, try out the latest game :). Also, with a brief watch of the video, it appears to me you rarely travel much, well the main point of LOTT is to travel, in fact there are 9 generated structure for you to explore around with 7 of them having chests with useful materials inside. Also, it appears to me you was not aware of the crafting recipes, well, in the latest version of LOTT, there is a craft guide book, crafted using;
Stick Stick Stick
Stick Book Stick
Stick Stick Stick
and from there you can craft even more advanced craft guide books which can give you knowledge about crafting harder stuff. Also, welcome back :), it has been a while since i last saw you in minetest forums.