[Game] Voxelgarden [5.6.0]

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Game] Voxelgarden [5.0.0]

by Sokomine » Post

It would be great to have a server running Voxelgarden again. It's a very nice game with fitting textures and deserves more advertisement.
A list of my mods can be found here.

crixtiano

by crixtiano » Post

Please, I need help!

I start to play Voxelgarden but I am not getting to create the wooden axe or wooden pickaxe.

I try to get wood, but as I approach a tree (apple ou jungle tree) and try to extract the wood, nothing happens.

Why does it happen?

How can I create my first tool without apple wood or jungle wood?

Thank you.

ooopdude

by ooopdude » Post

crixtiano wrote:Please, I need help!

I start to play Voxelgarden but I am not getting to create the wooden axe or wooden pickaxe.

I try to get wood, but as I approach a tree (apple ou jungle tree) and try to extract the wood, nothing happens.

Why does it happen?

How can I create my first tool without apple wood or jungle wood?

Thank you.
First solution:

Hi.. I add below code to "tools.lua" file and it works..

"Minetest/games/voxelgarden/mods/default" folder find "tools.lua"

Open it with any text editor.. add this code to first paragraph (the hand section) below "Crumbly" line

choppy = {times={[2]=2.00, [3]=1.50}, uses=20-1, maxlevel=0},

Second solution :

I found another way.. find "crumbled stone" .. they can be at caves or under sea.. 4 of them crafts "stone" you can craft tools with stone.you can dig crumbled stone by hand.

X x x
X Cs Cs
X Cs Cs

X empty , Cs crumbled stone

Chrysolite Azalea
GitHub: ChrysoliteAzalea

by Chrysolite Azalea » Post

Hello!

I play Minetest 5.3.0, development version. I tried to play Voxelgarden, and get this error whenever I try to enter any world:

ModError: Invalid field "drowning" (expected number got boolean).
Check debug.txt for details.

What can I do?
cdb_JQUaRqvA1Vho

goats

by goats » Post

I am rather willing to bet that Voxelgarden is not updated to work with development versions of the MT engine. Try the latest stable version, 5.2.0. (I haven't tried Voxelgarden since 5.1.x, so i think i will have a try myself.)

[Edit: Will crash on 5.2.0. Seems fine with 5.1.x. Last built for 5.0.0. Not sure if i ever played after 0.4.16, i don't have my other machine here.]

Regardless, this is why i like to keep multiple versions of MT engine. Some older games are interesting, but abandoned and not updated. (Or just to try old versions games which might be currently updated.)

Certainly give it a shot, Voxelgarden is a great game.

Emamul

by Emamul » Post

Voxelgarden (previously called Nodetest) is a subgame for Minetest (the engine) and aims to be compatible with most mods*. Its focus is on basic gameplay with more survival features.

*Voxelgarden is incompatible with: more blocks

Manager: v6 is recommended.

To get started, open your inventory and take a look into the craft guide (top left).

Find crumbled stone to make stone tools.

Download
This game is a rolling release and is always based on the latest git version of the Minetest engine. The "stable" releases are just snapshots of the state when the corresponding engine version was released. If you have downloaded Minetest like normal, click the stable release and then choose your version.
Voxelgarden

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

The drowning and mobs issues should be fixed now. At least it works for me with the latest development version. I also added some mods from MTG (boats, carts, dungeon loot, fireflies, butterflies, vessels).

goats

by goats » Post

Wow, thanks for the update, i love this game. The additions will certainly give it a bit of a different feel, but it isn't a radical change. Nice!

Edit: Works fine in 5.2.0 also. The fireflies are great, and seem to be generated much more often than in other games. Adds a nice ambience at night.

Casimir

by Casimir » Post

New: Compost bin to make dirt. Mobs drop some things (nothing special as of yet).
Imported from MTG: Gold and diamonds (without tools). Kelp, it's edible and can be split to grow more. Animation for chests.

Casimir

by Casimir » Post

Mgv7 turned from my least favorite to my favorite mapgen. I have been spending (too much) time tweaking the (confusing) settings, but now I'm happy with the result (see here for settings). I still don't know how to adjust the distribution of the "base" terrain (edit: found it). On a test map (about 4000x4000 nodes explored) the highest mountain I could find went up to 607 nodes.

Next I will redo the biomes similar to MTG (with savanna, tundra and so on).
Attachments
screenshot_20220127_210423.png
screenshot_20220127_210423.png (973.61 KiB) Viewed 3063 times

Casimir

Re: [Game] Voxelgarden [5.5.0]

by Casimir » Post

Release 5.5.0 is out. Get it on Content DB or here.

Change log:
  • Non-v6 mapgens are now fully supported and recommended
  • Main menu music by Trevor Lentz (music starts after 10 seconds)
  • New strong mob "1hour"
  • Many nodes have been imported from MTG - in the future I want to include all MTG nodes and functions to be fully compatible
  • Hunger now works similar to MC - you heal when well fed and start to hurt when hungry
  • Drowning now uses the default Minetest behavior (I removed the custom mod)
  • Wattle panes and doors
  • Translations thanks to Wuzzy
Other than that there have been lots of small improvements and minor tweaks, which is what I spend most time on. It's easy to add new features, but really takes effort (and a lot of testing) to balance them out and make them work well together.

I actually wanted to get more done before doing this release (there is quite a backlog), but I also wanted to get a new stable release out with the new Minetest version, because the last one is quite old.

Plans for the near term future:
  • Be fully compatible with MTG-based mods
  • Clean up various mods (creative, farming) and update translations
  • Redo biome definitions
  • Redo farming with plant domestication (wild plants will rarely drop domesticated seeds) and more different plants
  • Replace the mobs mod with some other one that I don't have to maintain (mobkit?)
  • Add and use the playerphysics mod (hopefully promoting a much needed standard)
  • Finish and polish the current set of features before moving on
For the time after that I already have some long term goals.

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Hi Casimir, Just cross posting I left info in the main thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28328&p=411707#p411707

nope >>Short summary I think VG just needs an updated copy of "Default" to support MT 5.5.1 - unsure if that will be a breaking change and then VG wont work on pre-5.5.1 MT I didn't test that sorry.
edit: /\ Im now not convinced it's that simple - sigh I'll leave it to more experienced coders now.

I also flagged into the 5.5.1 release topic - some additional thoughts there:
viewtopic.php?f=18&p=411709#p411709

Edit: Rubenwardy raised a bugfix - doesn't look VG specific:
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/12484

Casimir

by Casimir » Post

Should be fixed with this commit by jeremyshannon (I don't know if this happens to be you).

By the way I'm pretty much occupied with work, garden and other projects at the moment. This won't change for some time, but I do look into and try to react to all issues and pull requests.
If someone feels like spending some time on VG, I would appreciate that. Especially everything that makes it more compatible with MTG based mods or fixing issues (i.e. the boring work ;) ).

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Casimir wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 20:46
Should be fixed with..... MTG based mods or fixing issues (i.e. the boring work ;) ).
No not me, I'm same name just about everywhere :).

I hear you on the garden, house, work, kids and other project front, those killed all my free time for MT for about 6 months.

I'll have a skim through the issues on git, I haven't noticed anything obvious myself...well except the rat walking backwards but that's more a flat mob graphic issue as he walks forwards when viewed from the other side :).

Casimir

by Casimir » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 22:14
...but that's more a flat mob graphic issue as he walks forwards when viewed from the other side :).
This one was easy.

Midnight
GitHub: MidnightPhantom
IRC: Dragon
In-game: Dragon_Abysss

Re: [Game] Voxelgarden [5.6.0]

by Midnight » Post

Uh I think there should be some more plants and trees which generate over the ground and underground

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

Re: [Game] Voxelgarden [5.6.0]

by rudzik8 » Post

Lately, I've been working on my fork of Voxelgarden, and this is the result: Voxelgarden (revived)

The main goal is to carry on the development of Voxelgarden for as long as Casimir is inactive.

There's already 5.8.0 published for it. Go check it out!
MineClone2 dev and modder and the creator of Voxelgarden (revived) || Codeberg