This game focusses obsessively on emergent gameplay which I find the power of the sandbox game called minetest. Having certain materials allows for more crafts and more complex designs and functions within the map. To clearly show emergents the textures should visually represent the complexity of the crafts and the crafts should visually represent the crafted item or node.
Would you like to contribute?
please follow these simple rules and share the ones you think of.
- Items which are mined from the environment are 1 color, 1 pixel.
- Processing materials in furnace adds one pixel in width and height
- The texture resolution of the craft is determined by the sum of pixels of the craft
- the width or height has more pixels the resolution of the crafted node/item will be the width and height of the largest of the two.
- When the craft is just one item it adds 1x1 pixel to craft result(comparable to furnace)
- All natural occuring plantlike nodes are 5x5px (grass, flowers, plants, apples)
- All default tools are 3x3 pixels
There are no rules yet for crafts although I was thinking about a 3x3x3 craft grid. A 3d craft grid. This way the craft can be made in a manner that looks more like the nodebox that is crafted. For example a pressure plate would be the bottom nodes and a standing half slab would be one wall of the cube.
Replacing many items with nodeboxes. Steel ingot will be made into a 1/9 nodebox of the steel block
Download or Github
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/419 ... 7%20PM.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/419 ... 6%20AM.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/419 ... 0%20PM.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/419 ... 6%20PM.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/419 ... 3%20PM.png