[Game] Eden2 -Reinvigorated for 0.4.13

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Neuromancer wrote:That mob is called "BigRed". I'm not sure why, because he's mostly blue.
When 2D it used to be red. It probably got the blues after turning 3D

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

that game is so cool but so laggy too , for me.But i like this game anyway.

bbaez

Re: [Game] Eden (formerly Immersive Fun)

by bbaez » Post

My kids are having a blast with this mod!!! I feel like I am at Half Moon Bay! I want to share with everyone that I had to make some tweeks to get this to run under 0.4.10.

These are example commands I ran to delete the local mods so that the newer global mods would be used.

minetest01:~/minetest/minetest-0.4.10/games/Neuromancer/mods$ \rm -R animals_modpack-master/
minetest01:~/minetest/minetest-0.4.10/games/Neuromancer/mods$ \rm -R inventory_plus/
minetest01:~/minetest/minetest-0.4.10/games/Neuromancer/mods$ \rm -R throwing/

16:53:59: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.10/bin/../mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: .../minetest-0.4.10/bin/../mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:252: attempt to call field 'player_register_model' (a nil value)
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: .../minetest-0.4.10/bin/../mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:252: in main chunk
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: ...t/minetest-0.4.10/bin/../mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:2: in main chunk
16:53:59: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========

Resolved by copying over newer player.lua

minetest01:~/minetest/minetest-0.4.10/games/Neuromancer/mods/default$ cp ~/minetest/minetest-0.4.10/games/minetest_game/mods/default/player.lua .

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re:

by linushsao » Post

gabriel.bakker wrote:This looks beautiful.

Is there some trick for cooking food? I killed some animals and tried to cook them in the furnace but it wouldn't cook. The coal wasn't used up and the fire didn't appear.

I then started the fire by putting cobblestone in the top of the furnace, and when it was burning I replaced the cobblestone with the Raw Meat, and the fire burned but the meat didn't get cooked. How do you cook food?
you could add a simple mod which has code like:

minetest.register_craft({
type = "cooking",
recipe = "group:raw_meat",
output = "group:steak",
})

you may replace "group:steak" with the itemstring exists

put raw meat in top and fuel like coal in bottom of furnace, if codes are correct you get food a few second.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

There are some food mods out there which might help you in that regard. Search using Krocks mod search page, and you'll find a lot of food mods that will add more than raw meat :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

brio2244

by brio2244 » Post

Hello, I would love to try your subgame. However I am getting an error, and I am but a casual gamer. I don't know how to understand error messages.

ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\blahhhh mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua

Error from Lua:
.....\builtin\common\serialize.lua:190: attempt to ind ex local 'str' (a nil value)
stack traceback
builtin\common\serialize.lua:190: in function 'init'

There's other things that come up and if you need them I will type them out also. Thank you for any help!

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

brio2244 wrote:Hello, I would love to try your subgame. However I am getting an error, and I am but a casual gamer. I don't know how to understand error messages.

ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\blahhhh mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua

Error from Lua:
.....\builtin\common\serialize.lua:190: attempt to ind ex local 'str' (a nil value)
stack traceback
builtin\common\serialize.lua:190: in function 'init'

There's other things that come up and if you need them I will type them out also. Thank you for any help!
This subgame is eternally dead. Try using the latest minetest_game and downloading and installing the latest versions of the mods that are inside Eden. Don't forget to use its texture pack, of course.

For the sake of this community, don't be another one of those guys that posts once and only once in these forums because of an error and never, ever posts again. We have already had way, way too many of those. Forums show if a game is still alive or not to newcomers, so if nobody is posting anything, then that shows that the game is dead.

brio2244

by brio2244 » Post

I'm here because this is the best alternative free minecraft I have found. I had the notion it was pretty popular.

Oh wow just noticed the dates.

Are there any online servers people play this on? If not I am down to start one with you and anybody.

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

brio2244 wrote:[...]Are there any online servers people play this on?
Probably not, this subgame is way outdated by 2 years now, and probably will not work with Minetest 0.4.13.
There are several other subgames, but this is one of the better ones.
Bias alert below!
Maybe you might like my subgame(Pixture), it has some things that a lot subgames don't have yet, like built-in mobs, hunger, a crafting guide, armor, a unique UI style, and completely remade textures.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

If you do like the Eden subgame, try Dreambuilder! It has the mods from Eden included and is run for example on VanessaEs survival server (a bit furhter from spawn) and on several other servers. The mods create a beautiful landscape.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

It's been ages since I updated this. The original version of Eden is broken for newer versions of Minetest, so I created a much more fun to play version called Eden2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/hamf8dofcuslq ... 2.zip?dl=0
Try it out and let me know what you think. There is a lot going on in this world.

Neuromancer

Re: [Game] Eden2 -Reinvigorated for 0.4.13

by Neuromancer » Post

Changed textures in the game to match original Eden game.

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Post

I clicky but it just sticky :(

edit: never mind I got it now.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Changed creative inventory to use latest pull which has search functionality.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I can't seem to put this mod on my MineTest,though I downloaded it! Help!
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...