[Game] Wasteland [0.5 beta]

spillz

Re: [Game] Wasteland [0.2.2]

by spillz » Post

Krock wrote:@spillz
Any error log or just a crash?
Nothing of interest in the log, just a crash.

EDIT: I tried removing everything but default, made a new world, and still get a hard crash after a few seconds. maybe something in the mod's mapgen?

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

Looks interesting. Have you considered randomly placing bones here and there to increase the eeriness?
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

spillz wrote:
Krock wrote:@spillz
Any error log or just a crash?
Nothing of interest in the log, just a crash.

EDIT: I tried removing everything but default, made a new world, and still get a hard crash after a few seconds. maybe something in the mod's mapgen?
If you cant provide more informations i cant help you, sorry.
HeroOfTheWinds wrote:Looks interesting. Have you considered randomly placing bones here and there to increase the eeriness?
README.txt wrote:If you die there will be a grave with your stuff, also there are very (!) rarely spawning graves with stuff.

ken

by ken » Post

I like the game, thanks for developing it.

I am fairly new to Minetest and not entirely clear on the "farming" aspect. According to the wiki, I am supposed to be able to use a tool to "mine" the wheat, but this does not seem to work in Wastelands. You can't mine the wheat directly but must mine the block underneath it. Is this by design? Or am I missing something? I'm using the latest 0.4.9-dev version.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

ken wrote:I like the game, thanks for developing it.

I am fairly new to Minetest and not entirely clear on the "farming" aspect. According to the wiki, I am supposed to be able to use a tool to "mine" the wheat, but this does not seem to work in Wastelands. You can't mine the wheat directly but must mine the block underneath it. Is this by design? Or am I missing something? I'm using the latest 0.4.9-dev version.
Put a 2x2 square of wheat in the crafting grid, which will make flour; then pur that in a furnace.

To harvest wheat, wait until it turns golden and has large tips on top, you will know; it will drop seeds and wheat.

Dig the plant with a sword or your fists or other tools.

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Post

I have random crashes after a few seconds too.
Debug log has a few :

Code: Select all

07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: stack traceback:
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	[C]: in function 'hud_add'
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	...e/mikerhinos/.minetest/games/Wasteland/mods/hud/init.lua:54: in function 'costum_hud'
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	...e/mikerhinos/.minetest/games/Wasteland/mods/hud/init.lua:204: in function 'func'
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:17: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:9>
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:348: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:336>
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: Deprecated usage of statbar without size!
Terminal displays a segmentation error message on crash.
I run on latest daily.

ken

by ken » Post

Jordach wrote:Put a 2x2 square of wheat in the crafting grid, which will make flour; then pur that in a furnace.

To harvest wheat, wait until it turns golden and has large tips on top, you will know; it will drop seeds and wheat.

Dig the plant with a sword or your fists or other tools.
I can harvest wheat normally in the default minetest_game, but this does not work in Wastelands. See attached videos, one of minetest_game farming, and one of Wastelands farming.
Attachments
example videos.zip
(5.93 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

ken wrote:I can harvest wheat normally in the default minetest_game, but this does not work in Wastelands. See attached videos, one of minetest_game farming, and one of Wastelands farming.
Yes, seems like a

groups = {oddly_breakable_by_hand = 1},
is missing there.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

ken wrote: I can harvest wheat normally in the default minetest_game, but this does not work in Wastelands. See attached videos, one of minetest_game farming, and one of Wastelands farming.
Yes, i forgot to change the values for wheat aswell when switiching to new tool system this version. It will be fixed next release, or if you don't like waiting add:

dig=default.dig.instant
here https://github.com/BlockMen/Wasteland/b ... t.lua#L356

Mikerhinos wrote:I have random crashes after a few seconds too.
Debug log has a few :

07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: stack traceback:
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	[C]: in function 'hud_add'
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	...e/mikerhinos/.minetest/games/Wasteland/mods/hud/init.lua:54: in function 'costum_hud'
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	...e/mikerhinos/.minetest/games/Wasteland/mods/hud/init.lua:204: in function 'func'
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:17: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:9>
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:348: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:336>
07:14:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: Deprecated usage of statbar without size!
Terminal displays a segmentation error message on crash.
I run on latest daily.
Umm...what? I will take a look.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hi! When I attempt to craft a bronze sword, a bronze pickaxe, bronze axe or a bronze shovel, it just yields me an unknown item.

The bronze hoe works, however.

PS: I am looking forward to see monsters in this subgame. :-)

Mella

by Mella » Post

I've got problems, too.
The error I get (also after a few seconds) is:
"minetest-0.4.9/bin [...] /games/Wasteland/mods/default/player.lua:144: attempt to call method "set local animation" (a nil value)
I'm also rather new to minetest. :(

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Mella wrote:I've got problems, too.
"minetest-0.4.9/bin [...] /games/Wasteland/mods/default/player.lua:144: attempt to call method "set local animation" (a nil value)
Try to get a in-developement build from the forums (you can find them in "General Discussion") and see if this problem still exist.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Mella

by Mella » Post

Krock wrote:
Mella wrote:I've got problems, too.
Try to get a in-developement build from the forums (you can find them in "General Discussion") and see if this problem still exist.
Yeah, thanks!!! - Everything's alright now :)

Mella

by Mella » Post

Well, I'm almost starving, but this game is brilliant ;)

meldrian
GitHub: meldrian
IRC: meldrian
In-game: meldrian

by meldrian » Post

Nice idea, even if got some similarities to another mod of another game which I did not like to mention here.
The real deal might it in Multiplayer-mode. I did not play with others so far but thinking of bring back nature to a total wasteland with friends sounds awesome in my head.

Question: I handled it to grow some wheat but I'am not able to farm it when it's grown. Bare hands or tools, I just can't mine it. It's like clicking at Stone with bare hands.
EDIT: Nevermind, i just read the information above and now I know the answer.

Using 0.2.2 of your mod and minetest 0.4.10
might there be problems with the new farming-api?

everything else: Great mod :)
thx

skyion
In-game: skyion

Re:

by skyion » Post

BlockMen wrote:
Annahstas wrote:Dumb person question- I downloaded it and extracted. How do I get it to play? Also you can play with other people right?
Add the "wasteland" folder to ~/games/ in your minetest folder.

And yes, you can play this with other ppl (like every other game here) if someone hosts it.
anyone able to help me i have the latest minetest i added the folder to /games (which i had to go into root for which was a pain in the butt) but it wont show up when i start the program im at a bit of a loss

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

There are icons on the bottom of the minetest menu. Each icon represents a different game for minetest. Also, you can click the new button and enter your world name and then choose whichever game type from the box below where you enter your world name.

skyion
In-game: skyion

Re: [Game] Wasteland [0.2.2] (was just "stubborn")

by skyion » Post

i looked thats what i meant by it wont show up i added one for zombies it shows up but this one wont appear in the menues but thanks for making sure i knew that part - i dumped the file reinstalled minetest reinstalled the mode and now for some reason it works i dunno what went wrong or where but yay thanks for putting thought into my problem whoever thought about it your awesome for it

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

You're welcome. Sometimes computers just make a mistake and you can never find the reason why something did or didn't work. It's happened to me numerous times and I expect it will happen numerous more.

meldrian
GitHub: meldrian
IRC: meldrian
In-game: meldrian

by meldrian » Post

Hey Blockmen,

don't know the effort which is necessary but maybe it's a nice idea to add toxic water (green water, poison) and a red burning sky instead of the normal one to the game.
Toxic Water: Player shouldn't go in there for healthy reasons but there might be some treasure or rare material underneath or in it. A "no risk no fun" or "no pain no gain" thing.
Red Sky: Just an optical tweak, fits into the "wasteland" setting (the blue sky is much to happy for the Post-Apocalypse ;) )

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

BlockMen you can add the finite liquids mod so the water will be more rare; and if you find two buckets of water you CANT make a infinite water source

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

How do you open the COFFYN?

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Like you would a chest, just right-click it.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

meldrian wrote:Hey Blockmen,

don't know the effort which is necessary but maybe it's a nice idea to add toxic water (green water, poison) and a red burning sky instead of the normal one to the game.
Toxic Water: Player shouldn't go in there for healthy reasons but there might be some treasure or rare material underneath or in it. A "no risk no fun" or "no pain no gain" thing.
Red Sky: Just an optical tweak, fits into the "wasteland" setting (the blue sky is much to happy for the Post-Apocalypse ;) )
The red sky does not exactly fit in the direction of this game, since why would you be able to "regrow" the earth while the atmosphere is still destroyed (or why red?). Also i would think grey fits better than red in this setting.
The toxic water might be an idea, aswell something to clean it.
Dragonop wrote:BlockMen you can add the finite liquids mod so the water will be more rare; and if you find two buckets of water you CANT make a infinite water source
Since i was never a fan of finite liquids i guess i woubt add that. But toxic water (like mentioned before) or something similar will make getting water also harder.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

ken wrote:I like the game, thanks for developing it.

That is not the latest version: Try This One