[Game] Adventuretest

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

Re: [Game] Adventuretest [Alpha]

by AMMOnym » Post

LionsDen wrote:I would also like to know how to use the magic system. I have 2 points in magic but haven't seen or found anything to let me know what to do with it.
Try use /cast thuder spider(or other monster)

Brockenflabel

by Brockenflabel » Post

I can craft armor after all. Sorry about that. It takes longer for it to process, so I didn't think
I could craft any armor.

But where does it go? Since there is no put-on equipment screen? Like in other
builds?

I still can't save my inventory when I quit game, but it does save the map and my chests tho.

But its a great build, thanks.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

AMMOnym wrote:
LionsDen wrote:I would also like to know how to use the magic system. I have 2 points in magic but haven't seen or found anything to let me know what to do with it.
Try use /cast thuder spider(or other monster)
There are a few spells so far

/cast thunder would damage any player / mob in a small area around you, it doesn't have a target
/cast heal <target> will heal the target if it's a player, if you don't have a target it will heal yourself

I don't remember their levels off the top of my head, you may need level 3 magic skill to use thunder.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Brockenflabel wrote:I can craft armor after all. Sorry about that. It takes longer for it to process, so I didn't think
I could craft any armor.

But where does it go? Since there is no put-on equipment screen? Like in other
builds?

I still can't save my inventory when I quit game, but it does save the map and my chests tho.

But its a great build, thanks.
Use the /m command to bring up a menu that will have an option for you to put on your armor.

Is this the only game where it doesn't save your player when you exit? Are you playing singleplayer or are you running a server?

Brockenflabel

by Brockenflabel » Post

Yes well after spending a few hours researching on google and trying various keys
I discovered F10, /m !!!!!
There should be a readme with keys listed I think for this build.

I resolved the save game problem with a latest build, I guess it was a bug.

I figured out how to use a bow and arrow after researching on the net and trying various situations. It didn't list any key to press for the Throwing mod, so what key
to use? After researching it more, someone mentioned use left mouse key, which didn't work. A couple hours more research I discovered its not the left mouse key
but the position of the bow in inventory. It has to be in the Top Left slot in inventory
for it to work. Its doesn't work in other inventory slots.

So now most problems are resolved after several days of research.
I still have an over population problem on the surface in my friendly npc village.
Adventuretest doesn't include TNT mod, so I tried using my bow and arrow to thin
the ranks a bit. It worked but is resource and time consuming to reduce them one
at a time. I have to stay away from surface of the village or my computer gets about 1 fps, even 20 bricks below ground.

But its a great build, so far maybe the best, atleast I think.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Updates:

Barbarian villages just got more dangerous with the addition of a barbarian archer. He will spot you from a greater distance than the other barbarians and without warning he will start pelting you with arrows.

Fixed some bugs in dungeon masters. DM fireballs were exploding on launch.

Added a blacksmith NPC (beta). Right click on this NPC and a formspec will pop-up so you can give the blacksmith your lumps that need to be smelted. Put the lumps in the inventory slot on the formspec and click smelt. The blacksmith will look for a furnace to use, and he will tell you if he can find one and if he's able to access it. If he can't find a furnace or find a path to the nearby furnace just right click him again and get your lumps back. This is currently a free service, in future updates the blacksmith will charge for this service.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BrandonReese wrote: Added a blacksmith NPC (beta).
Sounds very intresting! Hope that blacksmith will continue to work for players in the future :-) Did you give him his own skin?

Apart from that, there's some work taking place on Nores Mapgen which provides the villages and landscape for AdventureTest as well. Nore has fixed the bug that players spawned underground. Instead, players now spawn right inside a village :-) I've also done a lot of additions (mostly new village types with diffrent houses and random materials) to that mapgen and hope that it will be ready for usage soon.
A list of my mods can be found here.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Sokomine wrote: Sounds very intresting! Hope that blacksmith will continue to work for players in the future :-) Did you give him his own skin?
He has his own skin and he is carrying the hammer from the cottages mod so he is pretty easy to spot.
Sokomine wrote: Apart from that, there's some work taking place on Nores Mapgen which provides the villages and landscape for AdventureTest as well. Nore has fixed the bug that players spawned underground. Instead, players now spawn right inside a village :-) I've also done a lot of additions (mostly new village types with diffrent houses and random materials) to that mapgen and hope that it will be ready for usage soon.
[/quote]

I will check this out.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BrandonReese wrote: He has his own skin and he is carrying the hammer from the cottages mod so he is pretty easy to spot.
When I tried to test it, I run into two barbarian villages sans smith :-) They just tried to kill me. Either it was bad luck (random is a strange thing sometimes), or barbarian villages got a bit too frequent compared to normal ones. That wielding of appropriate tools is a very nice thing for those mobs!

The current working branch of Nores mg mod with more village types can be found under https://github.com/Sokomine/mg Once it's really done, I hope that Nore will merge it. Currently, there are still some issues (rotation not working properly for schematics with facedir nodes >4, villages need names, saving of village data for easier orientation, some more buildings waiting to be built and imported).

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Sokomine wrote: When I tried to test it, I run into two barbarian villages sans smith :-) They just tried to kill me. Either it was bad luck (random is a strange thing sometimes), or barbarian villages got a bit too frequent compared to normal ones. That wielding of appropriate tools is a very nice thing for those mobs!
The type of village is determined randomly.

Code: Select all

local pr_vtype = PseudoRandom(seed)
local rptype = pr_vtype:next(1,10)
if  rptype <= 3 then
	barbarian_village = true
else
	barbarian_village = false
end
On it's face it looks like about 30% of villages should be barbarian but I don't know if that is accurate. Anyway, running into two barbarian villages in a row sounds like bad luck. And they will be very effective at killing you (balancing needs to be done), but I am also going to make the rewards for going into a barbarian village greater, more experience and more valuable items in the chests in their villages.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

So it was a case of bad luck/random :-) Anyway, I cheated and flew over the barbarian's heads. They where pretty angry and tried to chase me on the ground :-)

Brockenflabel

by Brockenflabel » Post

Two questions;
1) Does the chance of finding crystals like diamond depend on how deep you go or
how far from your original x,y,z starting point on map ? I've gone down almost 1000 deep now and I'm only finding iron, copper and coal so far.
2) When I go down long flights of stairs my armor wears out and I lose hearts, is
this supposed to happen? Do I need to take of my armor before going down sets of stairs?

By the way, 4.10 compile is great! no lag and no CTD's!
Thanks.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Brockenflabel wrote:Two questions;
1) Does the chance of finding crystals like diamond depend on how deep you go or
how far from your original x,y,z starting point on map ? I've gone down almost 1000 deep now and I'm only finding iron, copper and coal so far.
2) When I go down long flights of stairs my armor wears out and I lose hearts, is
this supposed to happen? Do I need to take of my armor before going down sets of stairs?

By the way, 4.10 compile is great! no lag and no CTD's!
Thanks.
I haven't worked much with some of the ores. I know other people have said diamond and mese are really hard to find, I plan on making them more common. Oh, I do see where diamonds are supposed to spawn below -256. I may do some work on the ore definitions tonight to make diamond and mese easier to find.

If your armor is getting damaged going down stairs you may be taking damage. Running down long stairways can sometimes cause you to essentially jump down the stairs, and sometimes the fall is far enough that you take damage.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

I just pushed a small update to the ore and cave generation. Cave gen runs after ore gen and only removes stone, dirt, and sand so it exposes ores when the caves are cut out. This makes ores easier to find. Diamonds start as -256 and become more common below -1024

bajanhgk
In-game: bajanhgk

by bajanhgk » Post

how many megabites is this game
Just a Loner In the Winds which Blow Endlessly towards Death

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

bajanhgk wrote:how many megabites is this game
The download is about 9.3MB

Brockenflabel

by Brockenflabel » Post

I created a bunch of Fire Arrows and then tried to use them for the first time.
I got a CTD and error. I'm not sure if its from the 0.4.10 build or Adventuretest bug?
But i thought I would post my debug file.

20:49:58: ACTION[main]: .__ __ __
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: _____ |__| ____ _____/ |_ ____ _______/ |_
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: / \| |/ \_/ __ \ __\/ __ \ / ___/\ __\
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: | Y Y \ | | \ ___/| | \ ___/ \___ \ | |
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: |__|_| /__|___| /\___ >__| \___ >____ > |__|
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: World at [C:\EArch\minetest-0.4.10SFAN410\bin\..\worlds\new9]
20:49:58: ACTION[main]: Server for gameid="adventuretest" listening on 0.0.0.0:52034.
20:49:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: Loading player skills and levels
Irrlicht log: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
Irrlicht log: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
Irrlicht log: PNG warning: Unknown iTXt compression type or method
20:50:05: ERROR[main]: Client: Cannot create image from data of file "experience.psd"
20:50:07: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "potion_magic.png" while building texture
20:50:07: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "potion_magic.png"
20:50:07: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "potion_magic2.png" while building texture
20:50:07: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "potion_magic2.png"
20:50:07: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "potion_magic3.png" while building texture
20:50:07: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "potion_magic3.png"
Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture: 20:50:08: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game.

20:50:08: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture: 20:50:08: ACTION[ServerThread]: Updated online player file

Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture:
Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture:
Font size: 8 17
Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture: oerkki.png
20:50:12: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer uses throwing:bow_steel, pointing at [nothing]
20:50:12: ACTION[ServerThread]: Updated online player file
20:50:12: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
20:50:12: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...FAN410\bin\..\games\adventuretest\mods\throwing\init.lua:26: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'max_damage' (a nil value)
20:50:12: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
20:50:12: ERROR[main]: ...FAN410\bin\..\games\adventuretest\mods\throwing\init.lua:26: in function 'throwing_shoot_arrow'
20:50:12: ERROR[main]: ...FAN410\bin\..\games\adventuretest\mods\throwing\init.lua:79: in function <...FAN410\bin\..\games\adventuretest\mods\throwing\init.lua:78>
20:50:12: ACTION[main]: Saving player affects
20:50:12: ACTION[main]: Writing vendor log queue to file

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

That's an Adventuretest bug. I have only worked on the regular arrow to make it work with all of the changes I made. I'll put a higher priority on getting the other arrows updated.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I have found a couple of problems.

1) grass is growing on everything. It was everywhere when I started a new world, on cobblestone and gravel and even on the water in the crops areas of towns. It is even growing inside the buildings. lol :D

2) while playing, I was exhausted and suddenly the game crashed with the only notice the microsoft crash notice. After restarting the game, suddenly my character can only walk at a VERY reduced rate as if I was exhausted. My stamina bar was full on the restart so I got it down by half a a mark and slept. My speed was still reduced so I got it all the way down and slept again. It was still reduced when I woke up again. I then quit and restarted minetest entirely. When I restarted for a couple of seconds I could move normally and then I went slow again. Is there any way to get my speed back besides starting a new world?

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

1) Do you have a screenshot of the grass growing problem?

2) Delete the physics file in your world folder. So if your world was named Adventuretest the file would be minetest/worlds/Adventuretest/physics

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Thanks, deleting the physics file worked. Here are some screenshots.

Grass growing in a building, I think at least some was from when the chunk was created.

Grass growing on gravel and inside a building. I think some at least from chunk creation.

Grass growing on top of the water in a villages cotton plot, I think all of this is from chunk creation.

bajanhgk

by bajanhgk » Post

How do you sleep and also adventure test should have custom textures
Edit: oh nevermind
Last edited by bajanhgk on Sat Jul 12, 2014 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

bajanhgk

by bajanhgk » Post

change the workbench with blockmens crafting mod cause it looks and is better

Brockenflabel

by Brockenflabel » Post

As regards diamonds etc;

I dug down to 1200, by then I acquired
-two chests of iron ore
-27 copper ore pieces
-30 glow stones

So I get tired of waiting for diamond and teleported down 3000 !
Thank God I found myself embedded into a nice cozy piece of stone! and not lava.
I simply dug my way out then and gradually found some connecting tunnels.
After following them for awhile I found some gold, then later on some more,
total 70 gold ore, but no diamond or mesa.

So I tried to teleport again and went down 15000 !!!!!!!!!!
Again I was embedded in stone.
Found some tunnel systems and searched and dug a lot at that level.......no diamond.
In fact nothing but coal so far.
So I guess Adventuretest needs more diamonds?
Or any diamonds.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Is exhaustion damaging armor supposed to happen?